• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Bontemps threw out a trade that I can at least understand for the Nets. Kyrie and Simmons for Westbrook and whatever other contracts that are needed to make the deal work.

Man.

I can’t understand that for the Nets.

Sure, rid yourself of 2 headaches, but get nothing of value back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And let’s be clear here, because there is a big distinction.

Kyrie has demanded a trade. That is on him. A threat to sit out could just be a bluff and should be assumed that it is until he actually does it.

If the Nets don’t trade him and decide to sit him out anyway, that is on them.

And if they decide mutually that it is best for him to sit?

They are both incredibly stubborn and foolish.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read and heard, the Lakers aren't the only ones who don't want to give him a 4 year deal.
Hopefully all teams at least still have a little sense

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they serious....cool.

Go work it out with Dallas.
I think this is just to cool things down, Irving was not going to play anyway

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

I can’t understand that for the Nets.

Sure, rid yourself of 2 headaches, but get nothing of value back.

Well get rid of 70 million in salary. It's the salaries more than the headaches. Simmons is being paid a max contract to be a somewhat more skilled Bruce Bowen.

I'm not sure that the Nets SHOULD do that but trading Kyrie for scraps and some draft picks 5 years from now doesn't sound all that appealing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in what the Sixers do at the deadline. I think we will see Mastisse Thybulle traded, because his offensive game has simply never developed and the team doesn't seem to know how to use him.

That's bittersweet for me because I always liked Thybulle. But with Golden State and Atlanta among those interested, and his free agency looming after this season, I think he gets dealt for something to a team interested in signing him as a rotational 3 and D type defensive stopper, even though his 3 still kinda sucks and he's really just a defensive ace and hustle player.

The Sixers need some frontcourt help, because they have little size and rebounding backing Joel Embiid and Tobias Harris other than Montrez Harrell who is extremely erratic. But I don't see them making any major moves. They appear focused on trying to land guys like Utah's Jarred Vanderbilt to get a few more quality minutes at PF and C.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in what the Sixers do at the deadline. I think we will see Mastisse Thybulle traded, because his offensive game has simply never developed and the team doesn't seem to know how to use him.

That's bittersweet for me because I always liked Thybulle. But with Golden State and Atlanta among those interested, and his free agency looming after this season, I think he gets dealt for something to a team interested in signing him as a rotational 3 and D type defensive stopper, even though his 3 still kinda sucks and he's really just a defensive ace and hustle player.

The Sixers need some frontcourt help, because they have little size and rebounding backing Joel Embiid and Tobias Harris other than Montrez Harrell who is extremely erratic. But I don't see them making any major moves. They appear focused on trying to land guys like Utah's Jarred Vanderbilt to get a few more quality minutes at PF and C.

Sixers are in desperate need of a back up big. I would rather keep Thybulle if they can. You can never get enough defense in the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Bontemps threw out a trade that I can at least understand for the Nets. Kyrie and Simmons for Westbrook and whatever other contracts that are needed to make the deal work.
None of this matters if Kyrie is not willing to budge on a 4 year contract and the Lakers not offering more than 2.

It doesn’t matter for the Clippers, Mavs, or anyone else.

This loon was offended the Nets would not guarantee the 4th year and decided to blow up the fucking team.

So far, nobody else has offered 3.

That shit is poetic…lol

How do you not put out feelers to gauge interest before you make this public?

Oh, by hiring your step mommy as your agent, that’s how.

Dude is a clown.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets have said they won't play him haven't they?
I think that was only to calm things down so they MIGHT be able to trade him