• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the funniest things about sports is how so many teams and fans can talk themselves into believing they can change someone.

The Nets have arguably the 2 biggest "Not My Fault" players in the NBA today. He literally would only play half of the Nets games last year but he accuses someone else of being halfway in? Anyone who thinks that a change of zip codes will somehow change Kyrie is just kidding themselves.

Anyone willing to give this guy a long term contract deserves the inevitable pain and suffering they will face.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Honestly...I'd rather they get Scary Terry. He would also make them contenders, imo.

Obviously, an engaged and healthy Kyrie gives them a better chance...but he's crazy, so that evens it out a good bit. lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly...I'd rather they get Scary Terry. He would also make them contenders, imo.

Obviously, an engaged and healthy Kyrie gives them a better chance...but he's crazy, so that evens it out a good bit. lol
True. Rozier plays better defense and doesn't have Irving's injury history or mental history.....LOL.

And Rozier won't demand Irving type extension money when his contract is up.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And GH would probably also be in the trade.

We need bodies. And when healthy, he can ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie probably want a 4 year 200 million contract or some such insanity. Maybe Kyrie 50 million a year so he sit at home and prove that the moon landings were fake doesn't seem like a great idea.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the funniest things about sports is how so many teams and fans can talk themselves into believing they can change someone.

The Nets have arguably the 2 biggest "Not My Fault" players in the NBA today. He literally would only play half of the Nets games last year but he accuses someone else of being halfway in? Anyone who thinks that a change of zip codes will somehow change Kyrie is just kidding themselves.

Anyone willing to give this guy a long term contract deserves the inevitable pain and suffering they will face.
Reminds me of this scene.
“One thing you can never say, is that you haven’t been told.”

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That dude is a gamer. And as a third option to healthy LeBron and healthy AD that is truly Scary in a meh West begging for someone to get serious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And GH would probably also be in the trade.

We need bodies. And when healthy, he can ball.

And his contract expires after next season, so if he can't stay healthy he becomes cap space or is moved in a trade.

Reactions: DJ

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit Irving about got me. Seen him after a couple good wins lately where he was acting like a leader and such. Turns out it was all an act to try to get a new contract. That buyer beware sign around his neck weighs about a 1,000 lb.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit Irving about got me. Seen him after a couple good wins lately where he was acting like a leader and such. Turns out it was all an act to try to get a new contract. That buyer beware sign around his neck weighs about a 1,000 lb.

2 year max is the most he can get from me

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Rozier plays better defense and doesn't have Irving's injury history or mental history.....LOL.

And Rozier won't demand Irving type extension money when his contract is up.
They are giving up Russ in the trade for Rozier though. They probably take back Hayward. Lets be clear Rozier isn’t close to Kyrie on the court…it isn’t close. Rozier is shooting 41 and 33% respectively. He should get better looks but that isn’t very efficient. Kyrie and committing to his long-term deal is the issue…the picks don’t even matter. I would give it up for him but can Lebron keep him in check for a couple years. He did it in CLE longer than any other player by far. I feel if a team could make this trade it’s the Lakers bc of Lebron. Kyrie and Harris is drastically better than anything you get from Charlotte

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are giving up Russ in the trade for Rozier though. They probably take back Hayward. Lets be clear Rozier isn’t close to Kyrie on the court…it isn’t close. Rozier is shooting 41 and 33% respectively. He should get better looks but that isn’t very efficient. Kyrie and committing to his long-term deal is the issue…the picks don’t even matter. I would give it up for him but can Lebron keep him in check for a couple years. He did it in CLE longer than any other player by far. I feel if a team could make this trade it’s the Lakers bc of Lebron. Kyrie and Harris is drastically better than anything you get from Charlotte

I don't think that Kyrie will accept a 2 year deal. He's looking for that last big pay day. And when he gets, nothing will stop his flakiness.

From what I read, one of the reasons Kyrie rejected the Nets offer is because it had a lot of behavior clauses in it, to prevent him from flaking.

Maybe Lebron can keep him in check but I think that ship sailed years ago.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I'd still rather have Rozier, but Kyrie's most sane years were with Lebron. If the Lakers gave Kyrie a 4 year deal and Lebron could keep him sane enough for 2 years to get the Lakers a finals run or 2, it would make the remaining 2 "wtf years" worth it. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are career lows for Rozier. He is trying to do too much for Charlotte. Career high in FGA's.

Add him to the Lakers and his numbers will revert to his career numbers of 42% and 37%. Might even set career highs with the looks he will get with AD and James.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd almost certainly have to involve a 3rd team to have any chance at this trade happening, imo.

I'd expect that the Nets would have to look to buy Westbrook out and create cap space for the off season to have any chance at selling KD on it. Even that is unlikely to work. Especially with other interested teams able to easily beat any Lakers offer that doesn't involve both picks.

One thing that could help the Lakers is if other teams continue to be reluctant to agree to the longer term deal. That could drive the price down enough to make what the Lakers can offer more palatable for the Nets. Even then, it will almost certainly require both picks. They just might be able to add protections to one of them.

But, from what I have read, the Lakers are also reluctant to commit to what Kyrie wants (although they are the most likely to cave).
That’s the crux of the issue.

Buying Westbrook out won’t give them significant cap space.

There is no benefit to that except to remove him from the roster.

Losing Kyrie for nothing and trying to win this year is the better option if they dont trade Durant.

Well, outside of actually trading him for useful pieces.

If what you say about the Lakers possibly not being willing to commit long term is true, Kyrie is in trouble.

If you could get a 3rd team to take Kyrie and send the Nets back something that keeps them contenders, Im sure they would happily ship his ass to you.

But, they would have to come off those picks.

It is just maddening that Rob has another chance at this and he is still haggling over picks.

Lakers are top of the West with Kyrie and a borderline playin team without him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this season when he is clearly trying to do too much for the Hornets.....Screenshot_20230204-102623~2.png

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I'd still rather have Rozier, but Kyrie's most sane years were with Lebron. If the Lakers gave Kyrie a 4 year deal and Lebron could keep him sane enough for 2 years to get the Lakers a finals run or 2, it would make the remaining 2 "wtf years" worth it. lol
I actually agree.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting like Rozier is garbage.....LOL.