• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better trade him.

I could see him sitting out the rest of the season if they don't.
Then he would lose almost a half years pay

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol ok, and we know you are going to support the player, no matter how crazy. You don’t think Irving has been pushing the negotiations? I’m sure the Nets are fine letting him walk after the season. This is all about Irving wanting to have his cake and eat it too. I don’t blame him, but the Nets are right to exiect him to play out his contract, especially after all he has put them through.

Tlance is right. This is on the nets. Also this is the first time i heard a team goal such as winning title is being included as a stipulation in a contract.

Reality is as SAS always said is kyrie is a max player but not a max length player. Most years i would max him is 2

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance is right. This is on the nets. Also this is the first time i heard a team goal such as winning title is being included as a stipulation in a contract.

Reality is as SAS always said is kyrie is a max player but not a max length player. Most years i would max him is 2
Do you really think the Nets are pushing him to sign an extension? I don’t. I think he is pushing hard for one and they are saying ok this is the only way you get one here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but I really think this is Irving driving this. I think the Nets are understandably done with him.

The Nets have been clear in their dealings with him that they don’t want to commit long term.

And I don’t blame them.

But they are 100% wrong to let him know that.

I am a teacher. There are definitely obnoxious students who I don’t like very much. But rule number 1 is you can’t ever let the kid think you don’t like them.

That is what the Nets have done. They have told their student they don’t like him.

He is childish, egotistical and narcissistic. Of course he will react poorly.

If he wants to talk contract now?

Nets position should be:

“We want you here long term. We can win with you and KD. But let’s focus on winning now, and talk details after the season”.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets have been clear in their dealings with him that they don’t want to commit long term.

And I don’t blame them.

But they are 100% wrong to let him know that.

I am a teacher. There are definitely obnoxious students who I don’t like very much. But rule number 1 is you can’t ever let the kid think you don’t like them.

That is what the Nets have done. They have told their student they don’t like him.

He is childish, egotistical and narcissistic. Of course he will react poorly.

If he wants to talk contract now?

Nets position should be:

“We want you here long term. We can win with you and KD. But let’s focus on winning now, and talk details after the season”.
And the Nets very well may have said exactly that. I’d bet that angle was tried.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will definitely be offered a full max. He is too good not to.

I get teams being nervous about doing it.

Somebody going to. And he is too petty to except less.

It is 1 thing to offer less after the season. Doesn’t hurt if he says no. but offering that in season is just plain stupid.
Offering him a full max is a horrible decision. You have to find a team with a lot of cap who is also run by unqualified people.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think the Nets are pushing him to sign an extension? I don’t. I think he is pushing hard for one and they are saying ok this is the only way you get one here.

Why wouldn't you want him back? Did you miss how they looked for that 2 month or stretch after Nash got fired and before kd got hurt? A healthy ky and KD going to have you as a title contender. Losing kyrie means even losing kd which means going back to being an irrelevant basketball team.

Winning is the ultimate goal

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you want him back? Did you miss how they looked for that 2 month or stretch after Nash got fired and before kd got hurt? A healthy ky and KD going to have you as a title contender. Losing kyrie means even losing kd which means going back to being an irrelevant basketball team.

Yes, and I’d bet it all they want to do it this year without these distractions. Not a lot to ask for in my opinion. Irving did irreparable harm to the franchise though, it’s not fixable. Absolutely no reason he shouldn’t have kept up the play through the season though, he owes the Nets and his teammates that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why you don’t want him back. Last he manufactures a reason to quit over the vaccine. Now he demands a trade because the Nets don’t want to commit to him. He’s irrational. You can’t count on that. He and KD are just getting older as well. KD is hurt every year now.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already made about 20 million.
Yes that has been what he has done all these years, been happy to take less money to get his way and feel smart. Looking for just one more sucker, that’s all he needs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They save a ton of cap and can get back quite a bit in a KD trade to start a rebuild. They’re in Brooklyn as well so freeing up cap in Brooklyn is actually worth something unlike say freeing up cap in Utah.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s pretty clear at this point that Marcus Smart is the glue to the Celtics. This recent deep in play comes with Smart out. I don’t think that’s coincidence.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you don’t want him back. Last he manufactures a reason to quit over the vaccine. Now he demands a trade because the Nets don’t want to commit to him. He’s irrational. You can’t count on that. He and KD are just getting older as well. KD is hurt every year now.
What is the issue with demanding a trade though? I actually respect players who do this in a contract you. They are informing you ahead of time im not signing back so instead of losing me for nothing in July, you can trade me now and get something.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They save a ton of cap and can get back quite a bit in a KD trade to start a rebuild. They’re in Brooklyn as well so freeing up cap in Brooklyn is actually worth something unlike say freeing up cap in Utah.

Should he be ahead of Embiid in the mvp race?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the issue with demanding a trade though? I actually respect players who do this in a contract you. They are informing you ahead of time im not signing back so instead of losing me for nothing in July, you can trade me now and get something.
How about if the team says no we would rather make a good hard run at it this season then talk about it?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the first time he’s fucked with them?

You had a lot to say about Harden wanting out from the same franchise. And now I’m waiting to hear how that one was “different”.