• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon should be a non-starter for the Lakers. It seems the Hornets are actively interested, but most of the guys the Lakers would have interest in other than Rozier are expiring (Oubre, Washington, Plumlee). No real reason for the Hornets to dump them, unless they feel they won't re-sign.
Dude, you wanna go the leverage route and squabble over non starters, keep the roster you have.

You have to pay to play.

The Hornets are a lotto lock with, or without, Rozier.

So, if it doesn’t benefit them, they can just keep him.

Doesnt change their fortune.

But, it cements yours.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you wanna go the leverage route and squabble over non starters, keep the roster you have.

You have to pay to play.

The Hornets are a lotto lock with, or without, Rozier.

So, if it doesn’t benefit them, they can just keep him.

Doesnt change their fortune.

But, it cements yours.

Why should they take on a $35M non-starter that won't improve their 3 pt shooting? He's 29% this year when actually on the court. There are other trade targets.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they take on a $35M non-starter that won't improve their 3 pt shooting? He's 29% this year when actually on the court. There are other trade targets.
You shouldn’t.

Just keep what you have.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the player LA was holding out for their 2 1st’s

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie/Simmons/Curry for Russ/Bev/Walker/Jones
No picks.
Or, just keep what you have.

You act as if the Nets have to trade him to the Lakers.

They don’t.

If they are not getting picks, why not actually get useful players?

I would rather have DFS and Dinwiddie over your Poo Poo platter.

I would rather have whatever the Suns are offering over Westbrook.

You aren’t getting it.

You don’t have leverage.

You aren’t the only interested party.

You have no players that are difference makers to offer.

All you can do is TRY TO outbid them with picks.

I really hope you keep this roster.

Because, you are the only team in the West that I am positive the Clippers can beat….lol

So, hold the line on those picks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have interest in acquiring Irving, according to multiple league sources who were granted anonymity to speak freely on the subject,” Buha wrote. “The framework of a potential deal would be Russell Westbrook and the Lakers’ 2027 and 2029 first-round picks — with the Lakers pushing to add lottery protection to at least one of them — in exchange for Irving and another Nets role player (likely Joe Harris), according to those sources. Depending on how the Nets value the Lakers’ picks and what happens with Kevin Durant in the wake of this news, the Lakers could reroute one of their picks to a third team, who would then send additional players to Brooklyn to help the Nets remain competitive.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, we're fucking psyched Kyrie did this...ramped up the trade deadline season big time. This is part of the fun..,.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a year like this with basically 20 teams all playing about as well as each other? Great season so far...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the player LA was holding out for their 2 1st’s

Well at least they aren't waiving like they did in the summer. They had a small window in the Nets chaos last Summer (right when KD asked out and Kyrie was also a headache) that a deal could have been done. But they were reluctant to put both picks and tried to play hardball. In that time playing hardball, the Nets allowed themselves more time to think and decided they wouldn't do anything until they sorted out the KD mess. Had they just ponied up back then, there was a very real chance Brooklyn would have just washed their hands of Kyrie when it seemed like their franchise was burning to the ground. So maybe this time they'll actually just put their best deal forward first and take advantage of the situation this time.

(Fwiw, I kinda hope they don't. Kyrie is a train wreck. Find some other deal to ship Westbrook out)