• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the guys close to the team? The guys who heard rumors for weeks that these guys would be back for playoffs and reported that?
sure, go with that....not sure how it helps make your case as the only thing that matters in discussing Jokic and Embiid is Embiid's teammates played and Jokic's did not.

Unless you are saying Harden played because Embiid made him and Jokic was not willing to threaten Murray?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTFoolsGold believes reporters reportings and opinions aren't true and valid.
Not sure you are following here but even if their opinions are true and valid it only continues to help my argument.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to sit tight and just trust okoro here.

You can make a move this offseason when life isn’t getting paid 3x his value

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to sit tight and just trust okoro here.

You can make a move this offseason when life isn’t getting paid 3x his value
something to be said for that but if he needs to be included in a package for a legit stud SF they might have to do it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something to be said for that but if he needs to be included in a package for a legit stud SF they might have to do it.

I just don’t know who’s out there to do that for you right now…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, go with that....not sure how it helps make your case as the only thing that matters in discussing Jokic and Embiid is Embiid's teammates played and Jokic's did not.

Unless you are saying Harden played because Embiid made him and Jokic was not willing to threaten Murray?
Yes! I’m so sorry. How could I forget? In a debate between Embiid Jokic we need to lean heavily on the other players and our opinions of them because without that how do we declare the man who led a team to the 6th best record in the West and a gentleman’s sweep in round one as the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER! After all, he won ownership 2 home playoff gate plus parking plus concession. You just can’t replace that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they listed true Centers the list would be mighty short now days
If they still listed center they couldn’t screw Embiid out of an All Star start. When it’s time to screw him, he’s a front court player. But when it’s time to screw him for All NBA 1st team then he’s gonna be a center again.

It’s just regulations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! I’m so sorry. How could I forget? In a debate between Embiid Jokic we need to lean heavily on the other players and our opinions of them because without that how do we declare the man who led a team to the 6th best record in the West and a gentleman’s sweep in round one as the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER! After all, he won ownership 2 home playoff gate plus parking plus concession. You just can’t replace that.
I really don't even care if you make up all the "rules" here......I'd only ask you be consistent with the rules you'd like to go by and not contradict yourself.

Does it matter what his team's record was and/or how far they went?
Assuming it does, does it matter who that player had to help him to go as far as they went?
Should it matter when his teammates were drafted or is how productive that player is no matter where drafted more important?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't even care if you make up all the "rules" here......I'd only ask you be consistent with the rules you'd like to go by and not contradict yourself.

Does it matter what his team's record was and/or how far they went?
Assuming it does, does it matter who that player had to help him to go as far as they went?
Should it matter when his teammates were drafted or is how productive that player is no matter where drafted more important?
Why yes it does. There are very few (like count them on one hand) instances in which the MVP’s team didn’t even have home court in a first round series. That’s uncommon and that’s ass. And that only happens because of a narrative that propped him up by establishing this idea that his supporting cast was tantamount to a good high school team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still need to add a 4.

Or they can suck it out this year and stretch Duncan for 9m per for the next 5 years and keep some draft powder dry

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes it does. There are very few (like count them on one hand) instances in which the MVP’s team didn’t even have home court in a first round series. That’s uncommon and that’s ass. And that only happens because of a narrative that propped him up by establishing this idea that his supporting cast was tantamount to a good high school team.
I mean, they are NBA players but for NBA players they were in fact pretty bad for a team that earned a top 6 seed. Wouldn't you say Harden, Maxey and Harris would all have been the #2 on Denver?