• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that Magic Johnson deserved his 1989 MVP? <--

Magic averaged 22,8,13.

Jordan averaged 33,8,8.

If scoring is weighted more than everything else, just give the trophy to the guy who leads the League in ppg.

Jordan would have 10 of those bitches.

Hell, even Carmelo would have one.

Wrap your mind around that 2012-13 MVP getting snatched from Lebron and handed to MeLo because he scored more…lol

of-course-not-sean-brody.gif

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that Magic Johnson deserved his 1989 MVP?

Magic averaged 22,8,13.

Jordan averaged 33,8,8.

If scoring is weighted more than everything else, just give the trophy to the guy who leads the League in ppg.

Wrap your mind around that 2012-13 MVP getting snatched from Lebron and handed to MeLo because he scored more…lol
My major objection here is the two in a row (about to be 3 in a row). Dude is a great player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that Magic Johnson deserved his 1989 MVP?

Magic averaged 22,8,13.

Jordan averaged 33,8,8.

Additionally, it’s not like all Embiid does is score. He’s the focal point of his team’s entire defensive scheme. I disagree with the metrics not matching what I’m watching but those metrics love the Sixers defense. Dude must be doing some thing right because that D is built on trying to get out on shooters knowing he is behind it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, it’s not like all Embiid does is score. He’s the focal point of his team’s entire defensive scheme. I disagree with the metrics not matching what I’m watching but those metrics love the Sixers defense. Dude must be doing some thing right because that D is built on trying to get out on shooters knowing he is behind it.
I’m with you.

I lean Embiid.

But, it’s not out of pocket for others to favor Jokic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

I cannot WAIT to see all the fuckery that Walton will be rambling on about.

He talks about everything under the sun EXCEPT the game.

I just laugh at how frustrated his broadcast patterns get…lol

A couple of seasons ago Walton was in town to call a CU game for the 12 Pac network.

He rambled a lot throughout the game. But the one thing I remember is he called Boulder the epicenter of the universe. He must have gone shopping at one of the dispensaries in town a couple hours before tip off.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I'm going with Jokic. Both are great. But the tiebreaker for me is durability.
That’s fair. I appreciate you changing it up now and again like you did here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the point? This isn’t really about basketball. It’s about narrative and denigrating Joker’s supporting cast was all the rage last year. The way people talked last year it was like he was carrying a special Olympics team.

He pretty much was.

Will Barton was either their 2nd or 3rd best player last year, and he is now completely out of the rotation for the Washington Wizards.

Not even close comparing supporting cast for the Nuggets and 6ers, who had 3’players definitively better than the Nuggets number 2.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair. I appreciate you changing it up now and again like you did here.

Where did I ever say Embiid wasn't a great player? I haven't changed anything up. I didn't disrespect his game. You on the other hand fully think Jokic is "fat & sloppy" and complete trash.

Odd you've accused me of changing something up when I haven't changed things at all.

You're not interested in a real head to head comparison. You choose to only focus on the things Embiid is better at while completely ignoring the things Jokic does better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Passers don’t get doubled. Let me see Joker go get 35 when he’s getting doubled on every touch. These guys aren’t even close as scorers. Look at the minutes played in this tweet. Dude is gonna be the best scoring 5 since Moses and Kareem.

But that is just it!

They can’t double Jokic because he is such an elite passer.

Maybe Embiid needs to work on finding teammates so he won’t be doubled as much!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is just it!

Maybe Embiid isn't tall enough to see over the double teams? Wait that can't be it. Never mind.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I ever say Embiid wasn't a great player? I haven't changed anything up. I didn't disrespect his game. You on the other hand fully think Jokic is "fat & sloppy" and complete trash.

Odd you've accused me of changing something up when I haven't changed things at all.

You're not interested in a real head to head comparison. You choose to only focus on the things Embiid is better at while completely ignoring the things Jokic does better.
I was referring to you not making a stats based argument but rather commenting on durability. I have done nothing but welcome a head to head argument. It’s just that you see head to head as purely an offensive comparison. Granted. Jokic is the more well rounded offensive player. Embiid is a tick below it and one of the most dominant offensive players in the game. The difference is in the defense. It’s night and day.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is just it!

He has. Do you watch him or do you just box score watch? The way basketball stats are charted Embiid gets no stat that reflects when he is doubled in the post and he makes the correct pass out of it, the defense makes the correct rotation to the guy who receives the pass and that guy takes advantage of the rotation and finds the wide open guy for the clean look. Embiid starts that play. Embiid creates that open look because of the double he draws and yet statistically that’s a nothing. That’s why I bothers me when people lean exclusively on stats to judge a player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Embiid isn't tall enough to see over the double teams? Wait that can't be it. Never mind.
You don’t watch the Sixers much do you. It’s ok. But it’s clear that you don’t see them much. It’s been a big point of emphasis for him and it began last season and it’s even better this season. He has cut down on his turnovers out of doubles and he’s started to make teams pay passing out of double teams.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to you not making a stats based argument but rather commenting on durability. I have done nothing but welcome a head to head argument. ->It’s just that you see head to head as purely an offensive comparison.<- Granted. Jokic is the more well rounded offensive player. Embiid is a tick below it and one of the most dominant offensive players in the game. The difference is in the defense. It’s night and day.

Absolutely not. I have already acknowledged multiple times, not just today, that Embiid is the better defender. It would be crazy to say otherwise.

But I think NJ's all around offensive game is better than Embiid's. What gives Jokic the edge is his next-level court vision. He sees things a like a PG on the floor.

Embiid will always have the edge on the defensive end.