• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way your case could be proved in this case would be if Cuban drafted more white picks in the 1st round than other owners. He does not, far from it in fact. You act like he just knew they would be good enough to be the face of the franchise. Further discussion of this should be beneath even you.
I don’t have to prove anything. I’m matter of factly stating an opinion. NBA media has and will continue to prop up white players.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have to prove anything. I’m matter of factly stating an opinion. NBA media has and will continue to prop up white players.
So basically Embiid got screwed over by the man favoring euros, makes perfect sense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Embiid got screwed over by the man favoring euros, makes perfect sense.
Nah. They're two separate conversations. Embiid has gotten screwed. NBA media props up white players. Remember when Dario Saric almost won the ROTY award?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a debate. NBA media hates Joel Embiid. He's a permanent fixture on the All-NBA 2nd Team because of it. Guy is going to be the first 5 since Kareem to average over 30 a game in back-to-back seasons and it won't matter because they don't like the guy.

There you go again only focusing on points per game. Here's a better head to head comparison.

This season Jokic averages more rebs, asts, stls. Has a better FG% and 3-point %. And he's leading the league in trip-dubs and is second in double-doubles.

So far Jokic has 31 double-doubles & 13 trip-dubs in 40 games. Shooting .627 from the field & .372 from downtown. 15.1 shots per game.

Embiid has 20 double-doubles & one trip-dub in 33 games. Shooting .536 from the field & .352 from downtown. 20.9 shots per game.

Numbers from nba player double-double stats 2022-23 (espn). They also have trip-dubs listed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again only focusing on points per game. Here's a better head to head comparison.

This season Jokic averages more rebs, asts, stls. Has a better FG% and 3-point %. And he's leading the league in trip-dubs and is second in double-doubles.

So far Jokic has 31 double-doubles & 13 trip-dubs in 40 games. Shooting .627 from the field & .372 from downtown. 15.1 shots per game.

Embiid has 20 double-doubles & one trip-dub in 33 games. Shooting .536 from the field & .352 from downtown. 20.9 shots per game.

Numbers from nba player double-double stats 2022-23 (espn). They also have trip-dubs listed.
I cited the PPG because of how rare it is in the modern NBA for a 5 to do what Embiid does.

Do you have anything else, Pointdexter, or are we going to do that thing again where you just vomit numbers?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cited the PPG because of how rare it is in the modern NBA for a 5 to do what Embiid does.

Do you have anything else, Pointdexter, or are we going to do that thing again where you just vomit numbers? <---

I didn't say anything negative about yer boy Embiid. Just mentioned some head to head numbers. But of course you wanna ignore them.

Fans can be biased. But numbers never are.

"I cited the PPG"... because you're a homer and won't acknowledge any other stats.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything negative about yer boy Embiid. Just mentioned some head to head numbers. But of course you wanna ignore them.

Fans can be biased. But numbers never are.

"I cited the PPG"... because you're a homer and won't acknowledge any other stats.
Is that it? Ohhhh no that's right! That's just the shit you've been copying and pasting for a year. I mock the algorithms like RAPTOR and VORP. I talk about one guy being a two way player and the other guy being the focal point of the opponent's offensive attack because he's a dog shit defender.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that it? Ohhhh no that's right! That's just the shit you've been copying and pasting for a year. I mock the algorithms like RAPTOR and VORP. I talk about one guy being a two way player and the other guy being the focal point of the opponent's offensive attack because he's a dog shit defender.

Odd you're the only person calling him a "dog shit defender". Wonder why that is?

Can you post a legit article stating what you've claimed? Of course you can't or you would have already done that. Which makes your current little rant even funnier.

Just asking you to back up what you've said.

If what you said is true you should have no problem producing an article saying what you keep claiming.

If you can't back up what you're saying well then you're nothing more than an Embiid nut-hugging homer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd you're the only person calling him a "dog shit defender". Wonder why that is?

Can you post a legit article stating what you've claimed? Of course you can't or you would have already done that. Which makes your current little rant even funnier.

Just asking you to back up what you've said.

If what you said is true you should have no problem producing an article saying what you keep claiming.

If you can't back up what you're saying well then you're nothing more than an Embiid nut-hugging homer.
The Golden State Warriors said he’s a dog shit defender and that’s seen in them hunting him.

You need an “article” to tell you Joker is a shitty defender? Bwahahahaha! DaFuq?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a debate. NBA media hates Joel Embiid. He's a permanent fixture on the All-NBA 2nd Team because of it. Guy is going to be the first 5 since Kareem to average over 30 a game in back-to-back seasons and it won't matter because they don't like the guy.
Apparently Hakeem thinks Jokic is better too. So everyone is against Embiid. Players, media, maybe even the coaches

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden State Warriors said he’s a dog shit defender and that’s seen in them hunting him.

You need an “article” to tell you Joker is a shitty defender? Bwahahahaha! DaFuq?

You've also called Jokic "fat & sloppy". So when you call him a "dogshit defender" it's with alotta bias.

You pay attention to points per game and nothing else.

Did the Golden State team really say that? You sure you're not mixing up Draymond, who did comment about NJ's defense before last season, with the entire team? On this topic I simply don't believe anything you say because you over-pimp Embiid 24/7.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Hakeem thinks Jokic is better too. So everyone is against Embiid. Players, media, maybe even the coaches

Hakeem doesn't know what the F he's talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Points per game. The ONLY stat that matters.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch this clip. Draymond says Jokic got much better at defense. He's not a dogshit defender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch this clip. Draymond says Jokic got much better at defense. He's not a dogshit defender.

Not only that, there are many reasons to go after a dynamic player with specific actions.

It might be that he is weaker guarding that type of play. Might also be that you want to go at him to make him work defensively and potentially tire him out.

Doesn’t sound like Draymond thinks Jokic is a bad defender anymore.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You saw every minute of that Warriors Nuggets series. Are you telling me the Warriors didn’t screen constantly to get him isolated on a switch for a guard dribble drive?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the clear point here is you can build a team around Jokic. Embiid? I’m not sure and to this point he has not proved that to be true. Jokic led his team without their two best players all season to the playoffs.

Embiid is rare for averaging 30 ppg for a big in today’s game while putting up 20 shots.
Is that more rare than Jokic throwing dimes like a PG?
No considering it’s never been done in the history of the game.
We have never seen a player like Jokic and if you add in the lack of athleticism…the two guys that come to mind are Sabonis and Divac and Jokic is like 3.0 version although Sabonis in his prime was pretty damn good

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, there are many reasons to go after a dynamic player with specific actions.

It might be that he is weaker guarding that type of play. Might also be that you want to go at him to make him work defensively and potentially tire him out.

Doesn’t sound like Draymond thinks Jokic is a bad defender anymore.
Or it’s a product of expectations. JJ Redick got better as a defender as well. Most guys do as they get more run in the league. Guess what? They’re still subpar defenders.