• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, they have cap space and that plays into it. That’s why it’s hard to evaluate. Is Hield and Turner the best thing for this team now and in the future? Worth giving up the picks and the cap space? How much does Turner want? A lot of factors

They really don’t tho

They have 30m with only 4 guys under contract

Keeping reaves and walker is basically something in the range of 15-17m of that (back of napkin math), plus another 9m for empty roster charges

And if they use cap space they get the extra small room mle

That’s also assuming they don’t keep Beverly, Schroeder or Bryant, who will all probably get at least some level of a raise

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the way he has played definitely makes you question it. He is still injury prone and wouldn’t call him dependable long-term like Turner but he has played well. With guys stepping up the trade doesn’t make as much sense. I would think at this point the only way they give up BOTH picks is if it’s for a big-time player they couldn’t get on the market that is a good fit and also fits in the long-term plan. That option seems slim. Only option that comes to mind is LaVine. I’m not sure they have the ammo for him but he would be a good fit. Being a 3rd option might help him but does he want to be that guy. He seems to want to play for LA. If you can make that trade their depth suffers next season too

Russ Christie, a 1 and 2 for turner and hield

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like TJ12 said....we may not need Turner now with the way Bryant is playing....

May pivot to calling Utah or another team.
Turner is still a better starter long-term. Can’t depend on Bryant. Strengthens their depth and helps AD as well so he doesn’t have to play as many minutes all the time when he gets back. Hield is an immediate upgrade to their shooter. Perfect fit even with his lack of defense

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner is still a better starter long-term. Can’t depend on Bryant. Strengthens their depth and helps AD as well so he doesn’t have to play as many minutes all the time when he gets back. Hield is an immediate upgrade to their shooter. Perfect fit even with his lack of defense
True...

But Turner is gonna demand money in offseason. Are we trading both those picks for just Hield past this season? No

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...

But Turner is gonna demand money in offseason. Are we trading both those picks for just Hield past this season? No
They would sign Turner long-term. You do this trade if you there aren’t better options in FA and/or trade. I suggested they do it if they give up one 1st but I doubt Indy does that

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would sign Turner long-term. You do this trade if you there aren’t better options in FA and/or trade. I suggested they do it if they give up one 1st but I doubt Indy does that

Turner is one of the very top guys most likely to be in play this summer

I’m not really counting harden

Turner and kyrie are up there

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner is one of the very top guys most likely to be in play this summer

I’m not really counting harden

Turner and kyrie are up there
Yeah that’s why you only give up one 1st which is fine value for Hield. Most 3 pt’s made this season. Kyrie is looney..who knows. Seems for now he would stick with KD but all it takes is one playoff series loss or someone takes a straw out of his drink for him to leave. Either way, you can’t put all your chips into Kyrie hoping.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering where they are with cap, trade pieces, etc. Hield/Turner is probably the best they're going to do. I don't think there's much that's better or even as good in FA, at least not with what they will have available to spend.

Plus, Turner and Hield are young enough to, combined with AD, keep them relevant when Lebron eventually retires.

Although, the way Lebron is going, they may retire before he does. lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ate and we have returned to the room.

Buffet was good and for an extra 14.99 per person we had unlimited alcoholic beverages.

I had 4 the wife had 2.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering where they are with cap, trade pieces, etc. Hield/Turner is probably the best they're going to do. I don't think there's much that's better or even as good in FA, at least not with what they will have available to spend.

Plus, Turner and Hield are young enough to, combined with AD, keep them relevant when Lebron eventually retires.

Although, the way Lebron is going, they may retire before he does. lol
LeBron is more likely to retire elsewhere than retire a Laker IMO