• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering where they are with cap, trade pieces, etc. Hield/Turner is probably the best they're going to do. I don't think there's much that's better or even as good in FA, at least not with what they will have available to spend.

Plus, Turner and Hield are young enough to, combined with AD, keep them relevant when Lebron eventually retires.

Although, the way Lebron is going, they may retire before he does. lol
Yep.

People keep talking about next years cap space.

With the cap holds, it’s about 30 mil.

Even with the 3 draft picks, what star player can you trade for to absorb into that space?

Not Beal, Not Lavive, Not Young…

Thats Ayton , RJ Barrett territory.

Pass.

People forget the Westbrook contract will not be in play.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is more likely to retire elsewhere than retire a Laker IMO
I don’t even bother trying to figure this guy out.

He likes to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

He knew what would happen if he gave this kinda sound bite.

But, of course Amick is the one who got it all wrong.

In his most extensive comments yet on the Lakers’ lack of upgrades — and more specifically the reluctance to trade the 2027 and 2029 first-round picks that some team officials believe would be better used to chase another star player this summer — James made it clear that his patience is waning. “Y’all know what the f— should be happening,” he told The Athletic at the end our brief-but-revealing conversation . “ I don’t need to talk.”

And the idea that a team would hold on to some picks and wait for next year… Well if you guys know, then you guys know. You guys know. I don’t need to talk about it. You guys know. But if you stay quiet, then time is gonna keep marching on, no? Listen, you guys know. It’s not rocket science. It’s not rocket science.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In his most extensive comments yet on the Lakers’ lack of upgrades — and more specifically the reluctance to trade the 2027 and 2029 first-round picks that some team officials believe would be better used to chase another star player this summer — James made it clear that his patience is waning. “Y’all know what the f— should be happening,” he told The Athletic at the end our brief-but-revealing conversation . “ I don’t need to talk.”

And the idea that a team would hold on to some picks and wait for next year… Well if you guys know, then you guys know. You guys know. I don’t need to talk about it. You guys know. But if you stay quiet, then time is gonna keep marching on, no? Listen, you guys know. It’s not rocket science. It’s not rocket science.

Lebron pretending he’s not behind a lot of the roster moves is a little disingenuous

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

People keep talking about next years cap space.

With the cap holds, it’s about 30 mil.

Even with the 3 draft picks, what star player can you trade for to absorb into that space?

Not Beal, Not Lavive, Not Young…

Thats Ayton , RJ Barrett territory.

Pass.

People forget the Westbrook contract will not be in play.

It also would mean challenges bringing back even guys like Bryant and Schroeder and definitely Beverly

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron pretending he’s not behind a lot of the roster moves is a little disingenuous

Kinda odd that the GM is never at fault for any of the Lakers current issues. The LeBron haters though, everything is 100% his fault.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,795.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

That is ridiculous.

If an official graded out poorly, he/she should be fired.

Which is what happens.

Nobody should get disciplined over 1 missed call.
BKS always bitching about the refs....it's like the sun coming out the next day.

Clockwork

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

That is ridiculous.

If an official graded out poorly, he/she should be fired.

Which is what happens.

Nobody should get disciplined over 1 missed call.
What about several?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they grade out poorly and lose assignments, and eventually their job.

The nba should post a tweet or something when a ref is fired because he is terrible at his job so i can enjoy it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amick is the worst. That being said, you better believe Lebron wants some moves made

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree but it would depend on the call, circumstance and all that. If it decides a game I totally agree. The referee’s need to have consequences for sucking at their job especially obvious ones. You don’t fire someone over it but the point is they need to know they can’t just call shit w/o being consequencs. You put that in that back of their mind and I feel like that whistle will be held a lot more at times.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba should post a tweet or something when a ref is fired because he is terrible at his job so i can enjoy it

I am sure your enjoyment is first and foremost for the league office!

Seriously though…

The goal for officials in any sport is to stay out of the headlines. Think that would be pretty counterproductive.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure your enjoyment is first and foremost for the league office!

Seriously though…

The goal for officials in any sport is to stay out of the headlines. Think that would be pretty counterproductive.

I do agree with your premise

And the nfl will do it, it’s a fairly solid system although one single call costing you playoff games is pushing it imo.

The nba lost any credibility for not banning the game 7 2010 crew