• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-1 in our last 7 and 17-11 since starting 2-10.

This is why you have to be patient.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Bryant signing at the time but knew it would depend on injuries. He’s been a big help since getting healthy. They still need to make a trade
No doubt but I am torn on wether we should do a minor deal or shoot for the fences.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Bryant signing at the time but knew it would depend on injuries. He’s been a big help since getting healthy. They still need to make a trade

Yeah, this group looks like they could be a higher than play-in playoff team if they are healthy.

But they need to make a trade to be contenders.

Fortunately, no one is exactly running away with the West, especially the Pacific, so there's still time to do something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt but I am torn on wether we should do a minor deal or shoot for the fences.
Really depends on what minor or big deal. I think if the deal is right they need to give up one 1st, not sure I would give up 2 unless it was for a really good player and a good fit

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on what minor or big deal. I think if the deal is right they need to give up one 1st, not sure I would give up 2 unless it was for a really good player and a good fit

Giving up the picks isn’t just about this year

It’s about being able to add more good players to next years roster than you can by holding onto the picks

It’s a 2 year window

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this group looks like they could be a higher than play-in playoff team if they are healthy.

Fortunately, no one is exactly running away with the West, especially the Pacific, so there's still time to do something.
Yeah, we could slip into a 5 or 6 seed....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up the picks isn’t just about this year

It’s about being able to add more good players to next years roster than you can by holding onto the picks

It’s a 2 year window
Absolutely, they have cap space and that plays into it. That’s why it’s hard to evaluate. Is Hield and Turner the best thing for this team now and in the future? Worth giving up the picks and the cap space? How much does Turner want? A lot of factors

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the thing.....AD comes back and 'Bron would need to avoid an injury.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting hungry....gonna poke her in 30 minutes or so and give her time to get ready for the brunch buffet...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, they have cap space and that plays into it. That’s why it’s hard to evaluate. Is Hield and Turner the best thing for this team now and in the future? Worth giving up the picks and the cap space? How much does Turner want? A lot of factors

Another consideration is, with the way Bryant has been playing, do they really need Turner? Do they really want to give up 2 firsts to get a guy who they may not want to spend the money it will cost to keep? They could re-sign Bryant for less and use their cap space to keep a couple of current guys (like Schroder) and/or add shooting.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, really

The Nets have gotten their shit together.
If they stay healthy. They rep east

If the Warrreeeeeerrioss come out to plaaaaay. The rep west.

I like look at the pelicans , but don’t think they best s healthy warrior team in PS.

F Dolan

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another consideration is, with the way Bryant has been playing, do they really need Turner? Do they really want to give up 2 firsts to get a guy who they may not want to spend the money it will cost to keep? They could re-sign Bryant for less and use their cap space to keep a couple of current guys (like Schroder) and/or add shooting.
They are only going to have 35-40 mill to sign 10 guys though....with just 4 guys under contract. The cap space isn't like they need to just add 5-6 guys to round out a roster.

And Bryant, Schroder and Reaves will be in line for significant pay raises.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the way he has played definitely makes you question it. He is still injury prone and wouldn’t call him dependable long-term like Turner but he has played well. With guys stepping up the trade doesn’t make as much sense. I would think at this point the only way they give up BOTH picks is if it’s for a big-time player they couldn’t get on the market that is a good fit and also fits in the long-term plan. That option seems slim. Only option that comes to mind is LaVine. I’m not sure they have the ammo for him but he would be a good fit. Being a 3rd option might help him but does he want to be that guy. He seems to want to play for LA. If you can make that trade their depth suffers next season too