• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakam and Barnes are two great 2nd/3rd option guys. The Raptors lack that star who can be Batman. If you ask Siakam to play that role he can put up some really nice regular season numbers on a .500 team.

I love OG and think he’s a great fit for the Sixers but recently he’s missed a ton of games over the last couple of seasons so it’s risky.

Here’s something that might work:
Raptors get - Maxey, Tobias Harris and PJ Tucker
Sixers get - Trent OG and Thad Young

Sixers are essentially trading Maxey in return for Trent OG and the Raptors with their trade exception being able to take on Harris and Tucker’s contract. Sixers could also throw in picks to make this work.

Maxey Barnes Siakam is an interesting and young trip to build with. If they add Maxey, that frees them up to shop FVV who could bring back some pieces and/or picks.
I think Siakam is fine as a #1. He just needs a 1b but things run deeper than that in Toronto. I get they aren’t a good outside shooting team but they are underachieving for that roster.

I would be extremely happy to get Maxey in return for OG even taking back Harris but Toronto is greedy. Gotta match the salaries somehow. Toronto should do it

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats next week thankfully. I will be stunned if he's on the roster after the deadline.

I will see what they do regarding the 4. If they address that correctly then Caleb can go back to the bench and our bench will be back to being really strong.

I dont think Rudy Gay solves much TBH. Cant even start him over Caleb

Even a guy like this would’ve been a fun gamble

He shoots it well and has size too

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what they are giving up. No way should Reddish be worth a 1st anymore, the Knicks don’t deserve it for that horrific move

Yeah, not an ideal move

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a fluke year in the fake season and thought they were good. These last 2 seasons is who they really are. Play in team material and can give a top seed a competitive 5 or 6 game series
Looking back at the Murray and Mitchell trades. No question the Cavs made out better even if they gave up more. Murray is just an AS caliber player, Mitchell is much more. So glad the Cavs didn’t go after Murray especially since he doesn’t have an outside shot

Torguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Masai is holding back for trades that will net the Raptors draft picks and some young up-and-coming players. Raptors dont want Tobias Harris and/or PJ Tucker. Trent, OG, and even Fred Vanvleet are younger players that could get some players back in return in the form of picks and players. The Raptors should move players that arent in their long term plan and dont fit their budget. If OG doesnt ask too much they could keep him. The best bet would be for Raptors to trade Vanvleet to a team that is rebuilding, and need some veteran presence and stability. OG could net the Raptors some draft picks and Trent doesnt need to be traded if the Raptors could get a solid point guard in return.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Masai is holding back for trades that will net the Raptors draft picks and some young up-and-coming players. Raptors dont want Tobias Harris and/or PJ Tucker. Trent, OG, and even Fred Vanvleet are younger players that could get some players back in return in the form of picks and players. The Raptors should move players that arent in their long term plan and dont fit their budget. If OG doesnt ask too much they could keep him. The best bet would be for Raptors to trade Vanvleet to a team that is rebuilding, and need some veteran presence and stability. OG could net the Raptors some draft picks and Trent doesnt need to be traded if the Raptors could get a solid point guard in return.
You gotta match salaries though and to match OG or Siakam’s salary means taking maybe a not so good contract but the picks make up for that. Add in a young player like Maxey and that is a good return regardless.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you personally think of the Raptors philosophy? From the outside, it seems like they’re a concerted effort to find 6’6-6’9’’ “long” players where they will essentially play 4 or even 5 of them at a time. Do you think that philosophy is something that can be employed to build a winner?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you personally think of the Raptors philosophy? From the outside, it seems like they’re a concerted effort to find 6’6-6’9’’ “long” players where they will essentially play 4 or even 5 of them at a time. Do you think that philosophy is something that can be employed to build a winner?
Nope. When they won they had Gasol and Ibaka. They have zero true big men. Not a good philosophy imo

Torguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta match salaries though and to match OG or Siakam’s salary means taking maybe a not so good contract but the picks make up for that. Add in a young player like Maxey and that is a good return regardless.

Yeah Harris is the toxic price to get a guy like maxey

Torguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to scrap that plan as it is not working or put that plan on hold.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Trae be a #1 on a championship team? Fair question. They had one nice run but I don’t think he is a great leader tbh

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Trae be a #1 on a championship team? Fair question. They had one nice run but I don’t think he is a great leader tbh
Truth be told…I’m asking the same question about my team’s situation with a better overall (and two way) player in Joel Embiid. I’ve lived this before. AI was an incredible and entertaining player but you can’t build a winner around that guy. Not sure you can win today building around an old school 5 anymore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Bryant

Schroeder and the lakers never should’ve broke up.

Even if you overpaid him, it would’ve stopped the Russ trade and you’d be somewhat better off imo

Lakers ruining that pelican dream and making it more and more likely the pick is traded

The Lakers tried.

Schroder turned down $84 million.

Bet he'd love a Hot Tub Time Machine right about now. lol

Torguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae is a good offensive player but it is his defensive liability that prevents the team from going any further in the playoffs. Now that they got Murray Atlanta can trade him and get other assets to build the team around. Im not sure how much other teams will be willing to give up to for Trae Young but he is a great stats guy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers worked out Tyler Dorsey recently after he was let go by the Mavs.
Kyle Singler is out there somewhere

Torguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is a game that can be played in different ways. Thats why you have all these games that are difficult to predict. The Raptors need a more mobile and fit guard who is long but they could do with shorter guys as well. They just need someone to play the position properly unlike Vanvleet who is shooting poorly and making poor decisions with the ball. They dont need to be 6"9" but there are only so many Magic Johnson type of players so even a shorter guard willl be fine.