• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 6 games.....

Bryant is averaging 18ppg and 9rpg.

Schroder averaging 17ppg and 3.5apg.

RW 14ppg, 9apg, and 8rpg.

I always liked Bryant

Schroeder and the lakers never should’ve broke up.

Even if you overpaid him, it would’ve stopped the Russ trade and you’d be somewhat better off imo

Lakers ruining that pelican dream and making it more and more likely the pick is traded

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who should the Raptors trade and who should they keep? I think Raptors could trade everyone except Siakim and Barnes. I'm on the fence about OG because he is a good defender and decent on offense. Trading OG might be a bad idea because we might need a player like him in the future. I'm glad Raptors struggling early in the season as opposed to later or even early next season after contracts are signed. Any thoughts?
All depends what they are asking for the pieces and if a team can meet their price? I would sell high on OG. I would trade Trent too. I would even think about Siakam but ideally the guys to build around are Barnes, firstly, and Siakam

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are 5-1 in their last 6.....without AD and a GARBAGE supporting cast.

LOL.
Even more disgusting the FO won’t make a move. Just do it now, why wait for the deadline. A guy like Bog would change everything but a younger piece is more ideal

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends what they are asking for the pieces and if a team can meet their price? I would sell high on OG. I would trade Trent too. I would even think about Siakam but ideally the guys to build around are Barnes, firstly, and Siakam
Siakam and Barnes are two great 2nd/3rd option guys. The Raptors lack that star who can be Batman. If you ask Siakam to play that role he can put up some really nice regular season numbers on a .500 team.

I love OG and think he’s a great fit for the Sixers but recently he’s missed a ton of games over the last couple of seasons so it’s risky.

Here’s something that might work:
Raptors get - Maxey, Tobias Harris and PJ Tucker
Sixers get - Trent OG and Thad Young

Sixers are essentially trading Maxey in return for Trent OG and the Raptors with their trade exception being able to take on Harris and Tucker’s contract. Sixers could also throw in picks to make this work.

Maxey Barnes Siakam is an interesting and young trip to build with. If they add Maxey, that frees them up to shop FVV who could bring back some pieces and/or picks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks falling apart.....McMillan is going to be the fall guy there.
He has to be. Trae Young is the key asset and if he wants out because of Nate you have to cut him loose. School is still out on whether or not you can craft a winner out of Trae led team but it’s the hand Atlanta is dealt here.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakam and Barnes are two great 2nd/3rd option guys. The Raptors lack that star who can be Batman. If you ask Siakam to play that role he can put up some really nice regular season numbers on a .500 team.

I love OG and think he’s a great fit for the Sixers but recently he’s missed a ton of games over the last couple of seasons so it’s risky.

Here’s something that might work:
Raptors get - Maxey, Tobias Harris and PJ Tucker
Sixers get - Trent OG and Thad Young

Sixers are essentially trading Maxey in return for Trent OG and the Raptors with their trade exception being able to take on Harris and Tucker’s contract. Sixers could also throw in picks to make this work.

Maxey Barnes Siakam is an interesting and young trip to build with. If they add Maxey, that frees them up to shop FVV who could bring back some pieces and/or picks.
Sure, that benefits your boys.....doubt the Raps buy that.

LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to be. Trae Young is the key asset and if he wants out because of Nate you have to cut him loose. School is still out on whether or not you can craft a winner out of Trae led team but it’s the hand Atlanta is dealt here.
They have guys there that work on paper, but not in practicality on the court.....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, that benefits your boys.....doubt the Raps buy that.

LOL.
You may be right. It depends if they view Maxey the way I do. I think the kid has the potential to be a perennial All Star in the right spot.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. It depends if they view Maxey the way I do. I think the kid has the potential to be a perennial All Star in the right spot.
Yeah, you get 2 good players in OG and Trent plus a nice role player in Thad.

The Raps get a nice youngster but the filler is Harris and Tucker.....not sure the Raps would like that back without a pick or 2.....which I don't think your guys can offer.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a fluke year in the fake season and thought they were good. These last 2 seasons is who they really are. Play in team material and can give a top seed a competitive 5 or 6 game series

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have guys there that work on paper, but not in practicality on the court.....
Two guys for me whose arc should be better than where they are now.
1. DeAndre Hunter - this kid should be one of the better 3 and D guys in the East at this point. He’s there defensively but he doesn’t assert himself offensively. He doesn’t show every night to give you that steady 17-20 points you can count on.
2. John Collins - he’s another guy that should be a lot closer to a Julius Randle level of impact and he just hasn’t found that yet.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two guys for me whose arc should have better than where they are now.
1. DeAndre Hunter - this kid should be one of the better 3 and D guys in the East at this point. He’s there defensively but he doesn’t assert himself offensively. He doesn’t show every night to give you that steady 17-20 points you can count on.
2. John Collins - he’s another guy that should be a lot closer to a Julius Randle level of impact and he just hasn’t found that yet.
I agree.

Think they have tuned out McMillan.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you get 2 good players in OG and Trent plus a nice role player in Thad.

The Raps get a nice youngster but the filler is Harris and Tucker.....not sure the Raps would like that back without a pick or 2.....which I don't think your guys can offer.....
They have two picks in the future that can be dealt which could be a prize. This move on the Sixers end sacrifices the future in Maxey for right now in two role players in Trent and OG designed to maximize the Harden/Embiid window. Come 2028 2029, I would think a team would want a Sixers first round pick. That’s a moment in which they could be taking a down turn rebuilding from their swings in this window.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a fluke year in the fake season and thought they were good. These last 2 seasons is who they really are. Play in team material and can give a top seed a competitive 5 or 6 game series
I still think they’re underachieving. I agree with you that they aren’t a top 3-4 in the East squad like they performed that year but they’re on the Pacers McMillan arc. Solid coach comes in and gets guys to commit to a system that works initially but then the message gets stale and Nate can’t adapt to push through the malaise. They probably do benefit with a new coach. I don’t think the return on Collins or Hunter is very high right now. Their best bet may be to fire McMillon and see if some one else can inject life into this group. They may be a team that could benefit from a coaching change right away instead of the off season..

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my Knicks aren’t goin far even if they make PS.

But they are makin it interesting.

Now with that, Barret . Are the Knicks better without him?

Grimes and McBride account for a more consistent 3 game ?

The defense is more affective too?

Yea, I know we’re talkin Knicks here, but, they are gettin it done. lol , meaning, they are takin advantage of all opportunities of the teams that are missing key players, even their own.

Anybody?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my Knicks aren’t goin far even if they make PS.

But they are makin it interesting.

Now with that, Barret . Are the Knicks better without him?

Grimes and McBride account for a more consistent 3 game ?

The defense is more affective too?

Yea, I know we’re talkin Knicks here, but, they are gettin it done. lol , meaning, they are takin advantage of all opportunities of the teams that are missing key players, even their own.

Anybody?

I think they should’ve moved Barrett to get Mitchell

But I like grimes and McBride, but their ceilings aren’t what you need for their current roster

They never should’ve kept randle and should’ve sold high while they were still a dumpster fire

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need to add Reddish if they end up just making a minor move....he ain't playing much in NY.