• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. You’re the guy calling successful marketing racism. I’m not even sure who is the racist. I thought I was the racist and now I’m calling something racist? It is what it is. He’s selling to a fanbase in Dallas Texas
View attachment 317670
You straight up said the only reason the Dallas Mavericks are successful is they have had 2 foreign superstars, who happen to be white. You are being racist by even mentioning color, we know your real shot is at a conservative State. Pretty funny you act like Philly is a bastion of culture and civility compared to Dallas. You are what you are, damn glad you didn’t teach my kids.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,785.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees for $100,000 and a $300,000 loan to finance the musical No No Nanette. ooppss

No No Nanette was at least a hit!!!

Also I think its been debunked to be some other production haha.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. You’re the guy calling successful marketing racism. I’m not even sure who is the racist. I thought I was the racist and now I’m calling something racist? It is what it is. He’s selling to a fanbase in Dallas Texas
View attachment 317670

If he's smart (and odds are he is), he's selling to a fanbase far wider than Texas. Funny how all 3 Texas franchises have succeeded drafting franchise foreign-born players. Yao, Akeem, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Dirk, Luka...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's smart (and odds are he is), he's selling to a fanbase far wider than Texas. Funny how all 3 Texas franchises have succeeded drafting franchise foreign-born players. Yao, Akeem, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Dirk, Luka...
It’s fn hilarious that he thinks there is anything racial at all to it. Not his best day.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You straight up said the only reason the Dallas Mavericks are successful is they have had 2 foreign superstars, who happen to be white. You are being racist by even mentioning color, we know your real shot is at a conservative State. Pretty funny you act like Philly is a bastion of culture and civility compared to Dallas. You are what you are, damn glad you didn’t teach my kids.

Weird, I didn't take it as the real shot at Texas; I took it as a combo of a shot at Cuban/Mavs and his built up Embiid hostility lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shades of blue GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dirk was drafted by Milwaukee. Luka was drafted by Atlanta.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they do it for a reason. Bc they want to win by picking the best players and their scouting is insane…obviously some luck in there too

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk was drafted by Milwaukee. Luka was drafted by the Atlanta.
Yup and Cubans people made outstanding trades in both instances. You would think that since Cuban is so desperate to get white players for his redneck fan base that he would do this all the time since it worked so well huh?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and Cubans people made outstanding trades in both instances. You would think that since Cuban is so desperate to get white players for his redneck fan base that he would do this all the time since it worked so well huh?

Redneck fan base, maybe the rumor that all trucks sold in the Dallas area come with truck nuts is true?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, I didn't take it as the real shot at Texas; I took it as a combo of a shot at Cuban/Mavs and his built up Embiid hostility lol.
And I don’t think Cuban is racist he is just being real. Extremely, Intelligent guy. His comments after the Sterling scandal…

Cuban came down hard on Sterling after a recording of the Clippers owner making racist comments surfaced in the media last month. At the time, Cuban called Sterling's comments "abhorrent."

So it comes as a bit of a surprise that Cuban would speak so openly on racism while the league continues its attempt to oust Sterling from his ownership. From the Inc. interview:

"If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face--white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere--I’m walking back to the other side of the street. ... I know that I’m not perfect. While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that it’s an issue that we have to control, that it’s part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road.”

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk was drafted by Milwaukee. Luka was drafted by Atlanta.

Yeah, and Kobe was drafted by Charlotte. Only because the trade couldn't be made final until after the picks were made.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don’t think Cuban is racist he is just being real. Extremely, Intelligent guy. His comments after the Sterling scandal…

Cuban came down hard on Sterling after a recording of the Clippers owner making racist comments surfaced in the media last month. At the time, Cuban called Sterling's comments "abhorrent."

So it comes as a bit of a surprise that Cuban would speak so openly on racism while the league continues its attempt to oust Sterling from his ownership. From the Inc. interview:

"If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face--white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere--I’m walking back to the other side of the street. ... I know that I’m not perfect. While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that it’s an issue that we have to control, that it’s part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road.”

Safe answer: kids outside late at night in hoodies are to be avoided.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No, I pointed out that for every year of Cuban’s ownership they’ve sold a white guy as their front line guy and I connected it with Dallas Texas. I didn’t say it would be the only way they were successful. I pointed out this fact and offered the opinion that it isn’t coincidence that a successful business man would use that in the calculus of assessing his marketing strategy. Since that time, you’ve been overcome by the vapors like Bugs Bunny in drag of a Yosemite Sam cartoon.
2. I didn’t mention Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a cess pool like most major cities in the United States. They have ridiculous problems that quite frankly just aren’t fixable. The Sixers do this shit too. They do all sorts of community out reach in places predominantly with people of color. This plays great with the black fans as well as the white liberals who want to think “doing something” is going to a Sixers game and throwing $50 at a Sixers drive. They all do this shit. Marketing is demographics. My business blog will never be linked here! My market base is women ages 35-55. When I write I’m a pumpkin spice latte sippin dandy haha. It makes me money. This is the way of that world. Go check out the jerseys at a Cowboys game. Go compare the number of Deion Emmit and Irvin throwback jerseys to the Aikmans Sean Lees and Jason Wittens. Cuban is a fool (he’s really not) if he isn’t tapping into Dallas being Dallas.
3. Pro tip: when you get all “glad ya didn’t teach my kids” you give a guy like me a fun little aspect of why I post here. This is what I’m picturing on the other side of the screen.
B5C20407-1D3F-4E32-80C6-A47765FC1583.gif

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No, I pointed out that for every year of Cuban’s ownership they’ve sold a white guy as their front line guy and I connected it with Dallas Texas. I didn’t say it would be the only way they were successful. I pointed out this fact and offered the opinion that it isn’t coincidence that a successful business man would use that in the calculus of assessing his marketing strategy. Since that time, you’ve been overcome by the vapors like Bugs Bunny in drag of a Yosemite Sam cartoon.
2. I didn’t mention Philadelphia. Philadelphia is a cess pool like most major cities in the United States. They have ridiculous problems that quite frankly just aren’t fixable. The Sixers do this shit too. They do all sorts of community out reach in places predominantly with people of color. This plays great with the black fans as well as the white liberals who want to think “doing something” is going to a Sixers game and throwing $50 at a Sixers drive. They all do this shit. Marketing is demographics. My business blog will never be linked here! My market base is women ages 35-55. When I write I’m a pumpkin spice latte sippin dandy haha. It makes me money. This is the way of that world. Go check out the jerseys at a Cowboys game. Go compare the number of Deion Emmit and Irvin throwback jerseys to the Aikmans Sean Lees and Jason Wittens. Cuban is a fool (he’s really not) if he isn’t tapping into Dallas being Dallas.
3. Pro tip: when you get all “glad ya didn’t teach my kids” you give a guy like me a fun little aspect of why I post here. This is what I’m picturing on the other side of the screen.
View attachment 317673
Common sense alone says it absolutely is a coincidence, all it can be. If it weren’t there would be a record or trading for more white players than other teams. It’s not there. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3