• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Genius...pure, unadulterated genius

tweet wondering GIF

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is only Dedmon and Jimmy missed that game from players who wasn't previously out lol...Miami made it known Jimmy isn't playing B2B until January to help with his knee issues

This wasn't a Brooklyn situation where they didn't play 8 guys

It was Jimmy and Dedmon.

Gabe and Yurt been out lol
Yeah - I got nothing against the HEat and what they did. The way the NBA is set up makes this the smartest way to go about it.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks are playing much better tonight against one of the worst teams in the league. Usually I wouldn't care, but we are missing 3 starters tonight due to injury, so I'll take this ass whipping with pride.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make sense from every perspective when you consider it fully.

For the teams, they are resting their best players in hopes of lowering the chances of an injury. As the NBA sits now, if you are in the top 6 at the end of the year, you're fine, so there is almost no motivation to push for a higher seed as long as you get that 6.

For the players is also makes sense for the above reasons. Trust me, if you watched those Lakers team, Shaq and load management might have resulted in even more championships.

The group it screws over are the fans, that pay tickets to watch their idols, only to be the unlucky ones that can't see them in action due to load management.

If the NBA really wanted to cut down on load management, they should do away with the back to backs, which don't provide better play anyways, plus I'd only have the top 6 teams from each conference make the playoffs and have the top 2 seeds get a bye. That would push teams to finish higher, and force them to take less 'nights' off.
Byes in basketball when it's a series and not just a game?

LOL.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More games means more moolah.
Not AS MUCH as it would if those games had all the stars in them.

Make the playoffs smaller, thus bringing back priority for the regular season...

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byes in basketball when it's a series and not just a game?

LOL.
Laugh if you want, but the NBA has to find a way to bring meaning to the regular season. Maybe have 8 teams, but that still feels like too many.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not AS MUCH as it would if those games had all the stars in them.

Make the playoffs smaller, thus bringing back priority for the regular season...
List those NHL players that miss games due to load management?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just eliminate the back-to-backs and this should cut down the idea of resting players.
* Looks both ways for @trojanfan12 *

Bro, Kobe once played all 82 games, won a chip, beat a bunch of 6 grade girls at hopscotch, climbed Mt Everest, swam across the Atlantic, delivered food to the homeless, choreographed a Beyoncé and Shakira video, killed Kennedy, hijacked a plane in 1971 and jumped out that mother fucker, mid flight, with 200k cash, was seen fleeing from the Limbergh estate, with a small bundle that was suspiciously shaped like a baby, fixed the 2022 and 2024 Arizona elections and was the Ghost Writer on Nicki Minaj next album……..All in a single Season.

Players need to stop being cupcakes.

:behindsofa:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just eliminate the back-to-backs and this should cut down the idea of resting players.
Then the regular season starts in mid September (or the playoffs end 4th of July)...because they refuse to reduce the number of games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is only Dedmon and Jimmy missed that game from players who wasn't previously out lol...Miami made it known Jimmy isn't playing B2B until January to help with his knee issues

This wasn't a Brooklyn situation where they didn't play 8 guys

It was Jimmy and Dedmon.

Gabe and Yurt been out lol
Clippers got fined for that a few weeks back too.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Looks both ways for @trojanfan12 *

Bro, Kobe once played all 82 games, won a chip, beat a bunch of 6 grade girls at hopscotch, climbed Mt Everest, swam across the Atlantic, delivered food to the homeless, choreographed a Beyoncé and Shakira video, killed Kennedy, hijacked a plane in 1971 and jumped out that mother fucker, mid flight, with 200k cash, was seen fleeing from the Limbergh estate, with a small bundle that was suspiciously shaped like a baby, fixed the 2022 and 2024 Arizona elections and was the Ghost Writer on Nicki Minaj next album……..All in a single Season.

Players need to stop being cupcakes.

:behindsofa:
You are not totally wrong with this post.

Not totally wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the teams, they are resting their best players in hopes of lowering the chances of an injury. As the NBA sits now, if you are in the top 6 at the end of the year, you're fine, so there is almost no motivation to push for a higher seed as long as you get that 6.

For the players is also makes sense for the above reasons. Trust me, if you watched those Lakers team, Shaq and load management might have resulted in even more championships.

The group it screws over are the fans, that pay tickets to watch their idols, only to be the unlucky ones that can't see them in action due to load management.

If the NBA really wanted to cut down on load management, they should do away with the back to backs, which don't provide better play anyways, plus I'd only have the top 6 teams from each conference make the playoffs and have the top 2 seeds get a bye. That would push teams to finish higher, and force them to take less 'nights' off.

What makes sense is playing when they're healthy enough to play which is what they are paid millions of dollars to do.

They don't want to reduce the number of games played because it would mean less money...but they want to treat it like a shorter season by sitting games out.

Kobe's wife once asked him why he insisted on playing every game..."What about the fans that saved up to see me play just once?"

He wanted the fans who wanted to cheer him to be able to do that and the fans that wanted to boo him to be able to do that too.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List those NHL players that miss games due to load management?

I know for certain Patrice has set out multiple games due to load management.

Pens have sat one of the big 3 at different times due to load management.

Goalies are constantly sat for load management and rarely due a back to back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People want to call the players soft for sitting out.

Yet, in most cases it is the team/organization that makes the decision to rest players.

Literally makes no sense.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes sense is playing when they're healthy enough to play which is what they are paid millions of dollars to do.

They don't want to reduce the number of games played because it would mean less money...but they want to treat it like a shorter season by sitting games out.

Kobe's wife once asked him why he insisted on playing every game..."What about the fans that saved up to see me play just once?"

He wanted the fans who wanted to cheer him to be able to do that and the fans that wanted to boo him to be able to do that too.
Kobe was different in that mentality.

But if you are saying that NBA players, getting paid millions, should play every game just isn't smart from the player's perspective.

GSW constantly rested their players last year, and it helped them stay healthy enough to win a championship.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost bought tix to the Clippers vs Suns yesterday.

But, since I was only in town for a day, to pick my kid up from College, I passed.

Clippers sat everyone.

For better or for worse, I’m used to that…lol