• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have there been back to backs?

Forever. There used to back to back to backs. If memory serves, the '72 Lakers had 2 or 3 of those during their 33 game win streak.

Todays players are...

Kobe Bryant GIF

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just had a season that took a year lol

The players can't have both because the owners won't shorten the season. So if they want less back to backs then lengthening the season would be the solution.

Personally I don't care. I think it's kinda lame but soccer is probably the most comparable sport and guys take days off all the time and no one cares.

And players with half a brain don't want the season shortened because it means less money. The owners aren't just going to eat that revenue loss.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By what....maybe a few weeks?

Few weeks mean a season now ending in mid July and a shorter offseason.

The best solution to me is cut the games to 75 and cutdown on b2b but players will never agree to that

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few weeks mean a season now ending in mid July and a shorter offseason.

The best solution to me is cut the games to 75 and cutdown on b2b but players will never agree to that
Won't happen.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fewest games played by a starter was 77 by The Logo.

35 year old Wilt played all 82.
For all the talk todays athletes are such athletic freaks and in such great shape conditioning wise it sure is odd they would want to avoid so many back to backs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually made good on his word this time, got pissy when we were clowning him and said he was outta here.

That idiot sent me a PM titled "No American White Stars Since 1989" that said...

"Ban me and unban me when you get an American superstar again. Birds last great season was 1988. I'll be waiting motherfucker.

Quarterback is supposed to be your niche but mahomes does that better as well hahahaha bums go play baseball the sport that nobody has watched since the 1970s"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the talk todays athletes are such athletic freaks and in such great shape conditioning wise it sure is odd they would want to avoid so many back to backs.

I get it about back to backs. We all want more time off work. lol

But there's a point where you just have to accept that you either have to put up with some things you don't like or accept less money.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That idiot sent me a PM titled "No American White Stars Since 1989" that said...

"Ban me and unban me when you get an American superstar again. Birds last great season was 1988. I'll be waiting motherfucker.

Quarterback is supposed to be your niche but mahomes does that better as well hahahaha bums go play baseball the sport that nobody has watched since the 1970s"
LOL.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, the proof that that fool was a bit crackers(and apparently racist) is certainly in the pudding right there...

That cat definitely needs help...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it about back to backs. We all want more time off work. lol

But there's a point where you just have to accept that you either have to put up with some things you don't like or accept less money.

The problem is that they are still making the schedule the same way that they always have.

Yeah, it is about money. But long term I actually think they could make more by reducing the games played and making them more meaningful.

Looking at the other top leagues in Europe, they play 41, 34 and 28 games respectively. And they spread that out over a time period almost as long as an NBA schedule.

I have a friend who played pro ball in Europe. There are days he can barely walk because the toll it took on his body. People demanding these guys play every night just have no idea how physically demanding it is.

82 games over 6 months is entirely too many.

League would benefit in multiple ways from a better product if Teams had more practice time and fewer games.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's gonna break it to him Mahomes is mixed

Heck so are Steph and Klay and the Ball bros

Do we get half a point for that

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's gonna break it to him Mahomes is mixed

Heck so are Steph and Klay and the Ball bros

Do we get half a point for that
Well considering both my kids are zebras as well I'll personally take your point under consideration and get back to you later...:thumb:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that they are still making the schedule the same way that they always have.

Yeah, it is about money. But long term I actually think they could make more by reducing the games played and making them more meaningful.

Looking at the other top leagues in Europe, they play 41, 34 and 28 games respectively. And they spread that out over a time period almost as long as an NBA schedule.

I have a friend who played pro ball in Europe. There are days he can barely walk because the toll it took on his body. People demanding these guys play every night just have no idea how physically demanding it is.

82 games over 6 months is entirely too many.

League would benefit in multiple ways from a better product if Teams had more practice time and fewer games.

Totally agree. The amount of games just blend in the background. People have so many more options for entertainment there aren't many watching each game.

Like I said I'm good with teams using it strategically. I'd probably prefer they do it moreso in a way where the whole team isn't out though but I also understand you're basically punting a game for the better good.