• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James is forcing it. He had another bad shooting game and his shooting numbers are at a career low I believe.
Westbrook had a Ben Simmons triple double 12,11,11.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 can turn into 400?

Okay, this weekend I really need to check into a DK or FD account.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 can turn into 400?

Okay, this weekend I really need to check into a DK or FD account.
It was probably either a parlay with some leg with really long odds that hit or something that had like 8 or 9 legs. If you follow the league and box scores you can do pretty well on those. You go and stock pile legs where the metrics that have to be hit will be like 75% of the average the player has in the metric. So if Embiid is averaging 30 PPG you put in the parlay Embiid over 25 points or even more conservatively over 20 points. You catch the right night when 8-9-10 of what you pick hits you can make $5 on $400 happen. The problem is you can go 9-1 on your legs and get nothing to show for it. I’m sure BKS can tell you a ton of stories of near misses. Honestly, it’s a more exciting, better odds situation where a sports fan is playing a $5 scratch off lottery ticket. Except you rule out a $10 or $20 win on the card and the only time your lotto card hits is when it’s for a couple hundred bucks. It can be fun. His $400 is probably only a real $320 because for everyone of these he hits, there’s another 15-16 that didn’t work out. If you do it over the course of the season and you know the NBA though you can have a pretty profitable NBA season if you’re disciplined and don’t start fucking around with $25-50 parlays trying to turn that $400 into $4,000

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably either a parlay with some leg with really long odds that hit or something that had like 8 or 9 legs. If you follow the league and box scores you can do pretty well on those. You go and stock pile legs where the metrics that have to be hit will be like 75% of the average the player has in the metric. So if Embiid is averaging 30 PPG you put in the parlay Embiid over 25 points or even more conservatively over 20 points. You catch the right night when 8-9-10 of what you pick hits you can make $5 on $400 happen. The problem is you can go 9-1 on your legs and get nothing to show for it. I’m sure BKS can tell you a ton of stories of near misses. Honestly, it’s a more exciting, better odds situation where a sports fan is playing a $5 scratch off lottery ticket. Except you rule out a $10 or $20 win on the card and the only time your lotto card hits is when it’s for a couple hundred bucks. It can be fun. His $400 is probably only a real $320 because for everyone of these he hits, there’s another 15-16 that didn’t work out. If you do it over the course of the season and you know the NBA though you can have a pretty profitable NBA season if you’re disciplined and don’t start fucking around with $25-50 parlays trying to turn that $400 into $4,000
Seen a few guys on FB in a sports group where they picked 3 or 4 NBA players to score more than their season average and hit 100 or so off a 20 bet if I remember right.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen a few guys on FB in a sports group where they picked 3 or 4 NBA players to score more than their season average and hit 100 or so off a 20 bet if I remember right.
I just stopped playing. Not enough time in the day anymore since the business has taken off. Found that I was spending like 60-90 minutes every day reading articles and metrics to handicap and I was really just trading back and forth the same $300 all season. Just wasn’t worth it anymore for this guy when the same energy can be spent on making another $1500-2000 the less risky way with work getting the business out there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me started on near misses lol. I missed out on 4 parlays by 1 thing in the last 10 days.

1 parlay misssed by 1 Embiid rebound, 1 missed by 1 Sabonis Rebound, 1 missed by 1 Herro assist, and i missed on one yesterday because Brazil/Croatia didn't score in the first half.

As for my parlay, it was a lot of things but safe stuff. It was the following:

Giannis O26.5
Luka O26.5
Luke 2 made threes
Middy 4 asist
Luka 6+ rebounds
Wood 6+ rebounds
Giannis 10+ rebounds
Holiday O13.5 points
Dinwiddie O11.5 points
Holiday O 4.5 assist
Holiday O 3.5 rebounds
Portis O6.5 rebounds
Connaughton O4.5 points
Lopez 4+ rebounds

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on near misses lol. I missed out on 4 parlays by 1 thing in the last 10 days.

1 parlay misssed by 1 Embiid rebound, 1 missed by 1 Sabonis Rebound, 1 missed by 1 Herro assist, and i missed on one yesterday because Brazil/Croatia didn't score in the first half.

As for my parlay, it was a lot of things but safe stuff. It was the following:

Giannis O26.5
Luka O26.5
Luke 2 made threes
Middy 4 asist
Luka 6+ rebounds
Wood 6+ rebounds
Giannis 10+ rebounds
Holiday O13.5 points
Dinwiddie O11.5 points
Holiday O 4.5 assist
Holiday O 3.5 rebounds
Portis O6.5 rebounds
Connaughton O4.5 points
Lopez 4+ rebounds
Damn! Even though those numbers are conservative it’s impressive to hit a 14 legger. Enjoy it! Money won is more fun than money earned.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are talking gambling…a long held premise in college football gambling is to play the under when service academies play each other. Vegas is obviously on to that and it’s set at 32! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a number that low. Does the Army Navy game finally go over?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are talking gambling…a long held premise in college football gambling is to play the under when service academies play each other. Vegas is obviously on to that and it’s set at 32! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a number that low. Does the Army Navy game finally go over?

Who you rooting for?

Go Navy!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you rooting for?

Go Navy!
Honestly, usually I’m the guy who watches the game with appreciation. I coached in that flex bone offense at the end of my career and this game presents the best personnel to run that offense with military level precision coupled with a defense most familiar with the system and built to stop that offense. It’s a fun game for a football purist so I usually don’t have a rooting interest. That being said, I had a former player who was a Midshipman and played for coach Ken so I’ve usually rooted for Navy. My grandfather was a Marine during WW2. The only time I’ve ever rooted for Army was a few years back when Navy had run off a ridiculous number of wins in a row. I thought the rivalry is too good to have any one team dominate like that so that’s what I wanted to see.

I guess this year I’m Navy again but more importantly just want to see a great football game. It’s in Philly again. I have a bunch of friends and family members down there at the Linc.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, usually I’m the guy who watches the game with appreciation. I coached in that flex bone offense at the end of my career and this game presents the best personnel to run that offense with military level precision coupled with a defense most familiar with the system and built to stop that offense. It’s a fun game for a football purist so I usually don’t have a rooting interest. That being said, I had a former player who was a Midshipman and played for coach Ken so I’ve usually rooted for Navy. My grandfather was a Marine during WW2. The only time I’ve ever rooted for Army was a few years back when Navy had run off a ridiculous number of wins in a row. I thought the rivalry is too good to have any one team dominate like that so that’s what I wanted to see.

I guess this year I’m Navy again but more importantly just want to see a great football game. It’s in Philly again. I have a bunch of friends and family members down there at the Linc.

I root for Navy because I have family and friends that have served and still serve.

To me this game is the best CFB rivalry in the country.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for Navy because I have family and friends that have served and still serve.

To me this game is the best CFB rivalry in the country.
It’s the most unique for sure but it’s not “the best”. Sorry, but that’s just what people say because it’s virtue signaling with the military and stuff. Michigan OSU, Alabama v Auburn, Texas Oklahoma, etc…all better rivalries. Army and Navy are no longer major players in college football. Different story in the 40s but not now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the most unique for sure but it’s not “the best”. Sorry, but that’s just what people say because it’s virtue signaling with the military and stuff. Michigan OSU, Alabama v Auburn, Texas Oklahoma, etc…all better rivalries. Army and Navy are no longer major players in college football. Different story in the 40s but not now.

I consider it the best because those kids don't enter the workforce, few go to the NFL, instead they go on to defend our country. That's why I call it the best.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider it the best because those kids don't enter the workforce, few go to the NFL, instead they go on to defend our country. That's why I call it the best.
Fair enough. I just assumed we were talking about sports.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on your definition of best, imo.

It's a rivalry that certainly never has any National Championship or even ranking implications like the others you mention..

But it's almost always a good game and it feels more "pure" (for lack of a better word) than most games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your definition of best, imo.

It's a rivalry that certainly never has any National Championship or even ranking implications like the others you mention..

But it's almost always a good game and it feels more "pure" (for lack of a better word) than most games.
No doubt. That’s why I called it the most unique. It’s a special rivalry. I just don’t consider it “the best” for the reasons I cited.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I just assumed we were talking about sports.

So the Army/Navy game isn't sports because it has no impact on the national stage?

If so to each their own.

This game is unlike any other. That's what makes it special.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. That’s why I called it the most unique. It’s a special rivalry. I just don’t consider it “the best” for the reasons I cited.

I like that word unique better than what I said. Great way to describe it.