• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn really, which ones?

Typed in which Nuggets players didn't talk to the media after game two of the Finals and nothing.

But I did find an article on espn where Malone ripped the Nuggets defensive effort.

Joker and Murray were the only starters that talked to the media.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joker and Murray were the only starters that talked to the media.

I hope you aren’t making this up man.

Joker and Murray did press conferences.

Not every starter is even asked to do a press conference. Usually just the biggest names and perhaps the hero of the night.

In this case, Duncan and Vincent along with the 2 stars from each team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not every starter is even asked to do a press conference. Usually just the biggest names and perhaps the hero of the night.
He is. Jeff Green was at the podium as well. 3 players asked to do the podium per team following a playoffs game is the norm

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this case, Duncan and Vincent along with the 2 stars from each team.
I heard it on ESPN and when WAMU asked I went and found the Finals postgame interviews.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeff Green isn’t a starter.

But still…

Point remains, the headline DJ spouted makes it seem like players were refusing to talk.

The media doesn’t want to do a session with everybody.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But still…

Point remains, the headline DJ spouted makes it seem like players were refusing to talk.

Usually its 3 so they try to aim for the 3rd best player on the team that night and a lot of that time its a bench player. Caleb and Lowry done podum press conferences for Miami multiple times this playoffs as the 3rd guy after bam & jimmy. Maybe they didn't make Gordon available but Green was better than kcp & porter last night so he or one of the other bench guys were next in line. Long story short, it isn't a big deal if only 2 of your starters do the post game press conference

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But still…

If I was a player I’d love for them to not ask me

Especially if I laid an egg like that.

Shower and gtfo

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would trade LeBron wherever LeBron tells them to or he would just wait until he can opt out next year. And he ain’t going to Texas.

They're not trading him for the dreck on that roster behind Luka and Kyrie. They don't have enough draft capital to make up that enticing. If they did it during the draft, they could include #10, but then nothing until either 2026 or 2027.

Regardless, the leaks were B.S. They claim the Mavs were putting together an offer for Lebron before the deadline this past season, but Lebron was not eligible to be traded this year. The Mavs and/or Kyrie are just pushing back on all the Lakers rumors that surface around him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s already left for the second best state, why not go to number one?
shaq-inside-the-nba.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said I'd get it off the Finals thread, @tlance

If the year they won 55 was the one with Meyers at SG (and no MJ) I can agree that was his best coaching job.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your other question, @tlance yes.....I don't think the feelings of one person would push Pop out if he still wanted to coach that team. Probably tells the guy to F off and goes about his business.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said I'd get it off the Finals thread, @tlance

If the year they won 55 was the one with Meyers at SG (and no MJ) I can agree that was his best coaching job.

I don’t believe it was his best coaching job, but it was a year with “challenge” for sure.

Also though, after Rodman went crazy, he absolutely destroyed locker rooms wherever he went.

Yet Phil made him an integral part of 3 title teams and arguably the GOAT team.

MJ being tough on teammates is well documented and look no further than Pippen’s recent public jabs at MJ and his ongoing saga with the front office in Chicago to know that there were a lot of issues on this team that Phil held together.

We know for fact most coaches couldn’t handle Rodman because nobody else did after Daly. I honestly believe an average coach gets 2-3 titles tops from the MJ Pip core and a mediocre coach might not get any.

Phil was brilliant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your other question, @tlance yes.....I don't think the feelings of one person would push Pop out if he still wanted to coach that team. Probably tells the guy to F off and goes about his business.

Well that is my point.

If it were me?

It would 100% make me not want to coach there. I would go elsewhere and beat them.

I think most would take that approach. I am not going to work somewhere where I am not appreciated.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe it was his best coaching job, but it was a year with “challenge” for sure.

Also though, after Rodman went crazy, he absolutely destroyed locker rooms wherever he went.

Yet Phil made him an integral part of 3 title teams and arguably the GOAT team.

MJ being tough on teammates is well documented and look no further than Pippen’s recent public jabs at MJ and his ongoing saga with the front office in Chicago to know that there were a lot of issues on this team that Phil held together.

We know for fact most coaches couldn’t handle Rodman because nobody else did after Daly. I honestly believe an average coach gets 2-3 titles tops from the MJ Pip core and a mediocre coach might not get any.

Phil was brilliant.
Never disagreed he was not among the best (or the best) with the top talent and managing egos.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is my point.

If it were me?

It would 100% make me not want to coach there. I would go elsewhere and beat them.

I think most would take that approach. I am not going to work somewhere where I am not appreciated.
Seems like if truly Zenish he could ignore that one person and do his job.....and, yes, I'm confident that's what he does if everyone came back. . I also don't think - even if he does get along well with the FO - he hangs on in SA like Pop has under these circumstances.

again, just my opinion

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like if truly Zenish he could ignore that one person and do his job.....and, yes, I'm confident that's what he does if everyone came back. . I also don't think - even if he does get along well with the FO - he hangs on in SA like Pop has under these circumstances.

again, just my opinion

Sure.

And again, you are assuming that was even an option.

Phil wasn’t the only one fed up with Krause. Pippen was done too.

The band wasn’t coming back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PPhan

taking this off Finals thread. 45 and 40 wins with the best player in the game then 1 and done? Sorry, not seeing this as some major accomplishment.