• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Orange and Laker fan, was happy to see his last season with LA. Bookends to a HOF career, wish he could've spent longer at each lol.
We could have used him this past season as scoring off the bench for 15-18mpg.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns would be much better off hiring Doc than hiring a rookie coach.

Doc is not going to add a ton of value on the sidelines, but he is solid.

Rolling the dice on a rookie who might be good? But also has a lot to learn on the job is very risky for a team with a short title contention window.
Or Nurse or Budenholzer.

Lot of good coaches available

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na, no domino. He can go be inconsistent there to close out his career as opposed to letting people down somewhere.

I just mean it should lead to more activity than if he stayed in Philly with the fake MVP

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns would be much better off hiring Doc than hiring a rookie coach.

Doc is not going to add a ton of value on the sidelines, but he is solid.

Rolling the dice on a rookie who might be good? But also has a lot to learn on the job is very risky for a team with a short title contention window.

That’s why I roll with Vogel

He was a really good coach in la and indy.

But it’s up to the Phoenix front office to make the right moves (trading Ayton for depth, using the mle on the right player etc)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I still fail to see how they are going to be better off that they were with Monty Williams. He was respected. I know he had Ayton issues for whatever reason but it sounds like they may move him anyway. This is a huge mistake by the new owner, will cost them in my opinion.

I think the Ayton issues were overblown.

Ayton was mad at the entire franchise, not just Monty.

Monty also said in that same interview he hadn’t talked to multiple players over the summer, said it was normal.

So he was either lying or incompetent about that stuff

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a trade when you give up a pick for coach??

So would the Stepien rule stilly apply?

Cause if the clippers could get a first for Lue…they should’ve taken it

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean it should lead to more activity than if he stayed in Philly with the fake MVP
If Harden pusses out on the challenge and goes to Houston, the Sixers should stand Pat on everything except using their MLE. They should hold on to Tobias Harris for one more year and then they get the benefit of Harden’s 37 million off the books this year and Harris 39 million off the books next year. I think Harden leaving should result in less movement from the Sixers end. Maybe Houston is in search of other pieces. If that’s what you meant, my bad.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I roll with Vogel

He was a really good coach in la and indy.

But it’s up to the Phoenix front office to make the right moves (trading Ayton for depth, using the mle on the right player etc)
Cassell Nurse and Vogel are my preferences for Philly. I think Vogel is a solid coach who inherited a bad roster switch up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden pusses out on the challenge and goes to Houston, the Sixers should stand Pat on everything except using their MLE. They should hold on to Tobias Harris for one more year and then they get the benefit of Harden’s 37 million off the books this year and Harris 39 million off the books next year. I think Harden leaving should result in less movement from the Sixers end. Maybe Houston is in search of other pieces. If that’s what you meant, my bad.

It will mean hou will make more moves
It could mean Philly sheds guys, sounds like Knicks would come hard for embiid

Or yeah, they could do nothing

But most important, it means the McDaniel brothers should be reunited in minny lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rockets bring back Harden....they need to trade that pick and some youngsters to get a veteran that wants a change of scenery.

Harden and those kids aren't much better than this past season. And he isn't going to be happy with a bunch of kids to babysit. Not saying to win a title but to be more competitive.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will mean hou will make more moves
It could mean Philly sheds guys, sounds like Knicks would come hard for embiid

Or yeah, they could do nothing

But most important, it means the McDaniel brothers should be reunited in minny lol
Economically, they can’t give up on Embiid now. Ownership is trying to get a new arena. If Harden and Embiid are gone that building will be empty.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Economically, they can’t give up on Embiid now. Ownership is trying to get a new arena. If Harden and Embiid are gone that building will be empty.

I’m curious if they duck the tax line if harden leaves

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I still fail to see how they are going to be better off that they were with Monty Williams. He was respected. I know he had Ayton issues for whatever reason but it sounds like they may move him anyway. This is a huge mistake by the new owner, will cost them in my opinion.

Totally agree.

Monty was a good coach.

I hope he gets one of the prime jobs somewhere else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rockets bring back Harden....they need to trade that pick and some youngsters to get a veteran that wants a change of scenery.

Harden and those kids aren't much better than this past season. And he isn't going to be happy with a bunch of kids to babysit. Not saying to win a title but to be more competitive.

Leaving James Harden to babysit the kids does not sound like a very good idea to me.

Also, brining in Harden and trading the kids for vets to compete with Harden is the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Honestly, I am not even sure why Houston would want him back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m curious if they duck the tax line if harden leaves
They will still be a luxury team. They won’t be capped out like they were last season if Harden walks. The more time goes on, I really want Harden to walk.
1) It’s a road to nowhere. Dude just isn’t a winner. Signing him probably will entail a 4 year commitment. We’ve seen enough Embiid playoff data to know dude isn’t a killer in the playoffs. If Embiid ever wins one, he needs to be partnered with a Killer.
2) Selfishly, I’m sick and tired of watching ugly basketball. I hate James Harden ball. He just dribbles out the clock and takes a step back or he goes to the rim and tries to grift for a foul or he gives a guy the ball with 2-3 seconds left on the shot clock to hoist a bad shot. Basketball is a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing game but not with James Harden running the show.

Last edited: