• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the GM fighting with ownership?
Not really I think he wants to move on, it's been a while. There's also rumors he wants to be one of the highest paid GMs and they don't want to pay him. It's pretty normal stuff, people move on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful, I’m sure the pinky promise that followed legitimized it all.

Seems like it's at least questionable.

If I understand things correctly, and I might not, teams can't promise future money.

So the Lakers, for example, couldn't go to Austin Reaves and say..."sign a smaller, 2 year deal now and we'll take care of you in 2 years when Lebron and AD's contracts expire". At least they couldn't publicly do that.

Not sure how it works re: trades.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I understand things correctly, and I might not, teams can't promise future money.

So the Lakers, for example, couldn't go to Austin Reaves and say..."sign a smaller, 2 year deal now and we'll take care of you in 2 years when Lebron and AD's contracts expire". At least they couldn't publicly do that.

Yeah, that’s how the twolves lost 4 first rounders for joe smith

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This might be a little different since Kyrie was a maverick and they had full bird rights but the timing will matter.

unsure if nba rules allow for a team to grant permission to discuss extensions during trade talks

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a little different since Kyrie was a maverick and they had full bird rights but the timing will matter.

unsure if nba rules allow for a team to grant permission to discuss extensions during trade talks
I don’t know either, I tried googling it a bit but didn’t find specifics really, although I would think like wildturkey said anything spoken (or in this case a hand gesture) that isn’t put on paper and signed is probably up in the air.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know either, I tried googling it a bit but didn’t find specifics really, although I would think like wildturkey said anything spoken (or in this case a hand gesture) that isn’t put on paper and signed is probably up in the air.

I mean teams have the rights to discuss extensions with players on their roster

The question is when they can put pen to paper

But If they did it while he was still technically a net….that’s less clear

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know that shit happens though, right?