• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colangelo, the league's hackman did. Yes.

Thank you for proving the original premise. The league had to take decisive action to stop the Sixers. They feared The Process would be a success so they got involved to make sure it wasn't.

If the league actually feared that, they were way off.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy.

He could end up being the GOAT. He has that much upside.

But it is upside.

Way unfair to say that merely being an MVP caliber multi time champion would be a disappointing career.

He could be the Unicorn...

1387183557.0.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely.....I don't think it's a fix.

There's a saying that "Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead".

The number of people who would have to be "in on it" and the number of years that they'd have to keep their mouths shut makes it a virtual impossibility.

Sooner or later someone who was disgruntled about something or who just needed some cash would be selling their story.

I mean, this is a league that had to ask the 2 most respected journalists in the sport to please stop announcing teams draft picks before the commissioner could get to the podium.

That league can somehow keep rigging lotteries and games a secret. lol

The conspiracy theorists are hilarious.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The number of people who would have to be "in on it" and the number of years that they'd have to keep their mouths shut makes it a virtual impossibility.

Sooner or later someone who was disgruntled about something or who just needed some cash would be selling their story.

I mean, this is a league that had to ask the 2 most respected journalists in the sport to please stop announcing teams draft picks before the commissioner could get to the podium.

Right and that is just all those reporters in the room who could probably use a windfall of cash.

It's also the idea someone like Cuban has a chance to get a franchise altering player and goes along with this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, on another note though I don’t believe Donaghy acted alone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, on another note though I don’t believe Donaghy acted alone.

I think he acted alone. But I think other refs at least had some level of suspicion but looked the other way. I don't buy his story. It comes off as a guy just trying to take some heat off of himself.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right and that is just all those reporters in the room who could probably use a windfall of cash.

It's also the idea someone like Cuban has a chance to get a franchise altering player and goes along with this.
You keep bringing up Cuban....if the league really were messing around they probably don't tell the owners. Of course they aren't so whatever.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he acted alone. But I think other refs at least had some level of suspicion but looked the other way. I don't buy his story. It comes off as a guy just trying to take some heat off of himself.
Possible I guess, but the league definitely acted all interested in helping with the investigation only to learn what was known and mitigate damage. I don’t blame them, Stern was no dummy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost zero chance he acted alone

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's another good point...reporters.

Do the conspiracy theorists actually think that there aren't any NBA reporters looking to be the Woodward and Bernstein of the sports world doing everything they can to expose it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up Cuban....if the league really were messing around they probably don't tell the owners. Of course they aren't so whatever.
But Cuban and all the other owners have a rep in the lottery proceedings.

But agree not doing it so doesn't really matter.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do the conspiracy theorists actually think that there aren't any NBA reporters looking to be the Woodward and Bernstein of the sports world doing everything they can to expose it?

The amount of coincidences that have happened over the years don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt

New owners magically getting 1/1

Guys retire/leave and teams that lose them somehow move up to 1-1

Ewing

Lies about fake retirements and relocations to magically land 1-1 from a far more deserving franchise

The list goes on

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and isn't there some major company in charge of the proceedings? Doubt they want their rep to take a huge hit.