• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and isn't there some major company in charge of the proceedings? Doubt they want their rep to take a huge hit.

Yes…and accounting firm…

…but they’ve never done shady things before…

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible I guess, but the league definitely acted all interested in helping with the investigation only to learn what was known and mitigate damage. I don’t blame them, Stern was no dummy.

Imo, the league acted all interested in helping with the investigation because they were. The NBA is a multi-billion dollar organization and something like that could ruin the league.

Of course, they were also going to mitigate the damage to a point as well.

From what I recall, while he has tried to take some heat off himself by claiming others were in on it, Donaghy has never named anyone. Until he does that, I'm not buying his story.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and isn't there some major company in charge of the proceedings? Doubt they want their rep to take a huge hit.

Yes, if memory serves, it's the same or similar company that handles the Oscars.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the league acted all interested in helping with the investigation because they were. The NBA is a multi-billion dollar organization and something like that could ruin the league.

Of course, they were also going to mitigate the damage to a point as well.

From what I recall, while he has tried to take some heat off himself by claiming others were in on it, Donaghy has never named anyone. Until he does that, I'm not buying his story.

They did what they did to lie and say it was only one rogue buy because he called out guys who helped

I believe Bennett Salvatore was one

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he's alive.

If he named names there would be billions of dollars pouring in to claim it's not true anyway. And the masses would believe whatever the TV says. Why would he risk it?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs beat the “greatest team ever” and those tears are delicious
No silly, they weren't the greatest team ever until the next year, when they added KD. Then they spanked that Cavs ass 2 more times. And they don't create the greatest team ever without the 2016 loss so that's on you too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll tell you what people are looking at with Doc.
He was able to craft a scheme that got the best anyone has ever gotten out of Joel Embiid. Who Embiid is in the playoffs is on Embiid but the guy who presents a scheme and tools for him to work should be respected. As soon as Doc came, Embiid has been 2,2,1 in the MVP race. What he did was look at Embiid’s primary deficiency in 2020 and he helped him fix it. Embiid struggled with passing out of doubles. Brett Brown had his iso starting on the wing. He would get deep and the double would come. In that position, he only has the ability to pass to one side of the floor and the defense can overplay that. Doc moved the action to the elbow and the nail and together Embiid and Doc turned that into efficient jump shots from his spots and the ability to see the whole floor to utilize passing out of the double. Embiid has made his most progression in the area of passing out of doubles and that unlocked the whole game. Embiid’s next step is understanding who playoffs and regular season are different. He needs to get on the block in the 4Q and he needs to finish through double teams or draw fouls. If he does that, they win Game 6.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll tell you what people are looking at with Doc.
He was able to craft a scheme that got the best anyone has ever gotten out of Joel Embiid. Who Embiid is in the playoffs is on Embiid but the guy who presents a scheme and tools for him to work should be respected. As soon as Doc came, Embiid has been 2,2,1 in the MVP race. What he did was look at Embiid’s primary deficiency in 2020 and he helped him fix it. Embiid struggled with passing out of doubles. Brett Brown had his iso starting on the wing. He would get deep and the double would come. In that position, he only has the ability to pass to one side of the floor and the defense can overplay that. Doc moved the action to the elbow and the nail and together Embiid and Doc turned that into efficient jump shots from his spots and the ability to see the whole floor to utilize passing out of the double. Embiid has made his most progression in the area of passing out of doubles and that unlocked the whole game. Embiid’s next step is understanding who playoffs and regular season are different. He needs to get on the block in the 4Q and he needs to finish through double teams or draw fouls. If he does that, they win Game 6.
Shouldn't he know this by now. If he doesn't understand that by now then I just don't think he doesn't have what it takes. Some guys have it, others don't. We know he can take over any game whenever he wants.