• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, I should stop watching for a few years huh. Sad.
Do you but that’s where I am. I really don’t need to see anymore if they bring the same group back with a new coach and some fresh role players. All that could possibly happen is that they trick me into buying in again just to invest time energy money and emotion into a book I’ve read now 6-7 times and I hate the inevitable ending of said book.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you but that’s where I am. I really don’t need to see anymore if they bring the same group back with a new coach and some fresh role players. All that could possibly happen is that they trick me into buying in again just to invest time energy money and emotion into a book I’ve read now 6-7 times and I hate the inevitable ending of said book.

It’s a great read….

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to this report the no aggregation rule for the second apron starts next summer:

If so….

Expect a bonkers season if this is the last year of aggregating salaries

Clippers and warriors get a one year reprieve to fix their rosters

From the piece;

While he makes it clear that he doesn’t have any inside info and isn’t explicitly reporting anything, Lowe views the Clippers as a logical trade partner for the Suns if they want to move Chris Paul. As Lowe explains, Los Angeles has been seeking an answer at point guard throughout the Paul George/Kawhi Leonard era and Phoenix would like to add reliable depth, which the Clippers could provide.

Ah yes. Because the solution for the Clippers "Kawhi and PG are never healthy in the playoffs" problem is to add a point guard near 40 years old who is also never healthy in the playoffs

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the piece;

Ah yes. Because the solution for the Clippers "Kawhi and PG are never healthy in the playoffs" problem is to add a point guard near 40 years old who is also never healthy in the playoffs

The theory is correct, the specific player is not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The theory is correct, the specific player is not.

Even that theory should probably be adjusted to "part out the big players for pieces that are more reliable before they leave via free agency", but the upcoming arena opening probably precludes that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that theory should probably be adjusted to "part out the big players for pieces that are more reliable before they leave via free agency", but the upcoming arena opening probably precludes that.

Might as well just ride it out. They got a first rounder this year they can trade and some expiring contracts to aggregate for a better fit

That’s another place nurkic could work and they are rolling with their young pgs (although no floor generals) and maybe look for help with mle in fa, gotta get one on a 2 year deal to get some bird rights

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc i have a trade proposal for you:
OKC gets -
Joel Embiid
Furkan Korkmaz
Sixers get -
Jalen Williams (the one that made All Rookie)
Josh Giddey
Lu Dort
Dario Saric
6 1st round picks that’s a mix and match of OKC’s own picks (about 3) and various 1st rounders they own from other teams.

Big 3 of Embiid SGA and Chet plus whatever they can bring in this draft plus future drafts to enhance. They may be able to bring in another FA like Middleton to help round out the group.

Sixers get a new young core, let Morey and Harden walk, hold on to Harris for 39 million of cap relief and are now able to spend money on a FA next summer.

You in?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc i have a trade proposal for you:
OKC gets -
Joel Embiid
Furkan Korkmaz
Sixers get -
Jalen Williams (the one that made All Rookie)
Josh Giddey
Lu Dort
Dario Saric
6 1st round picks that’s a mix and match of OKC’s own picks (about 3) and various 1st rounders they own from other teams.

Big 3 of Embiid SGA and Chet plus whatever they can bring in this draft plus future drafts to enhance. They may be able to bring in another FA like Middleton to help round out the group.

Sixers get a new young core, let Morey and Harden walk, hold on to Harris for 39 million of cap relief and are now able to spend money on a FA next summer.

You in?
No I’m not. I’m looking forward to a lot of years of watching Giddey and Williams. We don’t need a big that scores that much. Thanks though!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone clue me in on why Ja Morant is being eviscerated for having been in an instagram video where he was in possession of a gun?? Is it against league rules for players to be gun owners or something??? I mean, yeah, posing like some street hoodlum isnt a good look and I'm sure the league absolutely doesnt want to see that, but why is everyone acting like he committed a literal crime? I heard talk earlier this morning of some wanting him to be suspended for all of next season...what???! Is this a joke??
Coming up on an election year. So yes a joke, but also reality.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3