• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you do sign and trade?

you would be hardcapped at the first apron.

Im' not sure Portland does that unless they can trade Nurkic for a wing
Nurkic would obviously be traded in this scenario. I mean kinda mind-blowing they gave him another contract. He is ALWAYS injured

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the scapegoat just like I said yesterday. Morey should be fired. They won’t do it. Morey will give Harden a bag he doesn’t deserve. Morey will hire Mike D’Antoni when he should hire Sam Cassell. Wait until you see clueless Mike D’Antoni try and use a generational 5. He’s gonna turn Embiid into Clint Capella.

Hiring Darryl Morey was an invitation for him to move the Rockets north and fail again.

Fuck this shit!

Please don’t anyone confuse this with support of Doc. He had to go. At the same time, Morey will fuck all this up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the scapegoat just like I said yesterday. Morey should be fired. They won’t do it. Morey will give Harden a bag he doesn’t deserve. Morey will hire Mike D’Antoni when he should hire Sam Cassell. Wait until you see clueless Mike D’Antoni try and use a generational 5. He’s gonna turn Embiid into Clint Capella.

Hiring Darryl Morey was an invitation for him to move the Rockets north and fail again.

Fuck this shit!

Please don’t anyone confuse this with support of Doc. He had to go. At the same time, Morey will fuck all this up.
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurkic would obviously be traded in this scenario. I mean kinda mind-blowing they gave him another contract. He is ALWAYS injured

they are incredible with him on the floor....and hopelessly bad without him.

With their cap situation though, a non spacing center like that is a bit of a luxury.

The question is who needs him and can afford him.

Clippers maybe, but that likely means bringing Roco back to replace Grant.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they lost in 7 games to the east favorite, without embiid at 100%

Im' not sure he did less than expected.
I'm guessing when he was hired they likely expected at least an ECF appearance if not more. Debatable if Cs were the East favorite.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck this shit!

I don't think Doc was the problem.

Overall he out-coached Mazzulla and went 7 despite a lesser roster and was a reasonable underdog.

But you guys are stuck anyway if you give harden the bag, you might as well resign Reed and McDaniels since you got nothing else to trade.

You can do the Det deal we talked about so you don't need to bring Harrell back.

But i'm not sure what major changes you can make.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing when he was hired they likely expected at least an ECF appearance if not more. Debatable if Cs were the East favorite.

once the Bucks went out, i don't think it was.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are incredible with him on the floor....and hopelessly bad without him.

With their cap situation though, a non spacing center like that is a bit of a luxury.

The question is who needs him and can afford him.

Clippers maybe, but that likely means bringing Roco back to replace Grant.
Yeah that is the tough part finding a team for Nurkic.

Dream scenario giving up Allen and Okoro for a wing/big man that can spread the floor and adding Brook Lopez. Dream!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a Jarrett Allen trade. I highly doubt they trade him but interesting trade. This is made up btw

TRAIL BLAZERS GET
JARRETT ALLEN
ISAAC OKORO

CAVALIERS GET
JERAMI GRANT
I wouldn't do it......still leaves us needing a big and I'd rather Mobley play PF. Just my opinion. Would love to get Grant, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if your coach is the answer, but i'm not sure it's the problem.

you have 2 small guards as your stars, and two non spacing bigs.

and no good 3 man to really space it out.

maybe you can bring green back and rehab him
I'm not sure he's the answer either but I'd keep him over Doc or most of the fired coaches.

We do need a shooter and solid backup big who can at least shoot a little. Guys like Korver and Frye would be perfect for this team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dream scenario giving up Allen and Okoro for a wing/big man that can spread the floor and adding Brook Lopez. Dream!

You cannot get Lopez and be hard capped.

Basically would need to sign and trade for him too.

Salary wise that’s likely cedi rubio and wade

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he's the answer either but I'd keep him over Doc or most of the fired coaches.

We do need a shooter and solid backup big who can at least shoot a little. Guys like Korver and Frye would be perfect for this team.

…if they weren’t 85 in basketball years…

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it’s probably too soon to say.

You guys need to find a gem with your mle

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like that (depending who the wing/big was) but wouldn't be so quick to dump Allen based on a few games where he did not look like himself.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a scape goat. The Sixers issues existed before he came. They still exist now that he’s gone. In fact, instead of fixing problems Morey has just created new ones.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a scape goat. The Sixers issues existed before he came. They still exist now that he’s gone. In fact, instead of fixing problems Morey has just created new ones.
I do think it's fair to call him a scapegoat........but still not a fan of his as a coach.