• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Doc was the problem.

Overall he out-coached Mazzulla and went 7 despite a lesser roster and was a reasonable underdog.

But you guys are stuck anyway if you give harden the bag, you might as well resign Reed and McDaniels since you got nothing else to trade.

You can do the Det deal we talked about so you don't need to bring Harrell back.

But i'm not sure what major changes you can make.
That’s why I want them to not double down and recommit to stupid. Just rip the Fucking band aid off. Morey should have been fired before Doc. Call Harden’s bluff. Either he wants to win or he doesn’t. He isn’t winning in Houston. Sixers should be able to get something in a sign and trade. Get a new GM and hire Sam Cassell.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I want them to not double down and recommit to stupid. Just rip the Fucking band aid off. Morey should have been fired before Doc. Call Harden’s bluff. Either he wants to win or he doesn’t. He isn’t winning in Houston. Sixers should be able to get something in a sign and trade. Get a new GM and hire Sam Cassell.

rockets have 60m in cap space.

they're gonna have to S&T for harden or middleton if they got both

And that would be incredible.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc was not the root of the Philly problem but he certainly wasn't going to fix it, so I think it makes sense to move on from him. But I think the telling thing will be who replaces him. If it's Sam Cassell and we run it back with the same nucleus, I would be surprised to see a different result.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc was not the root of the Philly problem but he certainly wasn't going to fix it, so I think it makes sense to move on from him. But I think the telling thing will be who replaces him. If it's Sam Cassell and we run it back with the same nucleus, I would be surprised to see a different result.
I don’t think Sam is running it back. Sam has knowledge and faith in the young players that Doc didn’t. Sam is a dog who has played and won rings. Sam will actually employ an offense instead of having PnR on redial with no cutting and no movement. Sam won’t go exclusively with iso ball or two man game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the scapegoat just like I said yesterday. Morey should be fired. They won’t do it. Morey will give Harden a bag he doesn’t deserve. Morey will hire Mike D’Antoni when he should hire Sam Cassell. Wait until you see clueless Mike D’Antoni try and use a generational 5. He’s gonna turn Embiid into Clint Capella.

Hiring Darryl Morey was an invitation for him to move the Rockets north and fail again.

Fuck this shit!

Please don’t anyone confuse this with support of Doc. He had to go. At the same time, Morey will fuck all this up.
Thoughts & prayers

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Sam is running it back. Sam has knowledge and faith in the young players that Doc didn’t. Sam is a dog who has played and won rings. Sam will actually employ an offense instead of having PnR on redial with no cutting and no movement. Sam won’t go exclusively with iso ball or two man game.

I do think Cassell is more willing to play younger guys, since his calling card is helping to develop younger players as a coach. I like Cassell more than a lot of the other names out there, that is for sure. But I want to see a house cleaning and I am not sure this would be it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the scapegoat just like I said yesterday. Morey should be fired. They won’t do it. Morey will give Harden a bag he doesn’t deserve. Morey will hire Mike D’Antoni when he should hire Sam Cassell. Wait until you see clueless Mike D’Antoni try and use a generational 5. He’s gonna turn Embiid into Clint Capella.

Hiring Darryl Morey was an invitation for him to move the Rockets north and fail again.

Fuck this shit!

Please don’t anyone confuse this with support of Doc. He had to go. At the same time, Morey will fuck all this up.

Agree with everything, including support for hiring Cassell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are incredible with him on the floor....and hopelessly bad without him.

With their cap situation though, a non spacing center like that is a bit of a luxury.

The question is who needs him and can afford him.

Clippers maybe, but that likely means bringing Roco back to replace Grant.

They need a cost controlled big that can both back up and play with Nurkic. Randle/Hartenstein for Grant?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is there is going to be one team that is going to have all their plans changed tonight. Imagine if Portland were to land the No 1 pick.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is there is going to be one team that is going to have all their plans changed tonight. Imagine if Portland were to land the No 1 pick.

I’m curious what houston does if they get #2

Playing harden and scoot doesn’t make much sense

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m curious what houston does if they get #2

Playing harden and scoot doesn’t make much sense
Maybe they go with the gun deliverer. I’m sure Harden could take him some places to really help him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc should just retire and go back to TV. Everyone knows his team will get the playoffs, he'll make zero adjustments, and then he'll stare off into space completely shocked that his team is losing while making no adjustments. Plus, a lot of the players in the league aren't all that high on him anymore anyway.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he's the answer either but I'd keep him over Doc or most of the fired coaches.

We do need a shooter and solid backup big who can at least shoot a little. Guys like Korver and Frye would be perfect for this team.
Trent Jr (if he doesn't opt out) and Boucher?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to this report the no aggregation rule for the second apron starts next summer:

If so….

Expect a bonkers season if this is the last year of aggregating salaries

Clippers and warriors get a one year reprieve to fix their rosters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Cassell is more willing to play younger guys, since his calling card is helping to develop younger players as a coach. I like Cassell more than a lot of the other names out there, that is for sure. But I want to see a house cleaning and I am not sure this would be it.
There won’t be a house cleaning though. The Sixers are trying to get a new arena built. They have zero fucks to give when it comes to competing. Embiid sells regular season seats. They’ll bring back Morey, Harden, Embiid. The only “change” will come in the next failed retread coach they bring in plus a depth piece or two they get for dumping Tobias Harris. Rinse. Repeat. Change for changes sake, meanwhile the people responsible still stay.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There won’t be a house cleaning though. The Sixers are trying to get a new arena built. They have zero fucks to give when it comes to competing. Embiid sells regular season seats. They’ll bring back Morey, Harden, Embiid. The only “change” will come in the next failed retread coach they bring in plus a depth piece or two they get for dumping Tobias Harris. Rinse. Repeat. Change for changes sake, meanwhile the people responsible still stay.

So basically, I should stop watching for a few years huh. Sad.