• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came in and said being a talking head is better than being a coach. My response has nothing to do with redick specifically. You might still look up to the people on tv and maybe that works for you. It is a lame gig that is mostly fake. Being a coach he gets to control a basketball team and compete for victories. You don't have that fire and that's your choice.

For him it is yes. It's undoubtedly a better gig.

This a specific conversation to JJ

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s more long term money without the potential of being fired in a media gig vs coaching. Additionally, it’s very difficult to manage the modern athlete and their personalities in the NBA. This has been the case for nearly 3 decades with people talking about the modern NBA player often ignoring coaching. There’s more risk with little upside financially. Where I will agree with you is this. If Redick has that innate desire to compete and want to win then the choice is coaching. He may be up in his feels over the fact that he doesn’t have a ring, in part because he was a defensive liability come playoff time on every team he was ever on. If that’s where he is then coaching is the only path for him.

I give JJ credit for having the career he did. I thought his defense would bust him out of the league in a few years.

Agreed on the whole fire bit I just think for him specifically this would be a foolish decision

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give JJ credit for having the career he did. I thought his defense would bust him out of the league in a few years.

Agreed on the whole fire bit I just think for him specifically this would be a foolish decision
He will always have access to media jobs. That likely increases once he has been a head coach as well. He probably looks at it like worst case scenario I fail and I can still go back to that opportunity because the window won’t close on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a coach killer regardless. Had that been a different all-star level guard paired with KD, Nash might still be coaching.

Yeah, can’t argue with that.

Still think a good vet coach might have had a chance.

But we will never know.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up trade question, Jayson Tatum for Luka. Who says no, Celtics or Mavs?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up trade question, Jayson Tatum for Luka. Who says no, Celtics or Mavs?

Definitely Dallas.

But maybe Boston also.

Star for star trades are tough. And Kyrie + Tatum didn’t work in Boston. Don’t think Dallas would be eager to run that back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets Twitter is losing their shit and it’s hilarious. There’s this one dude saying that Mark Jackson has a “conflict of interest” and therefore shouldn’t be assigned to commentate Nuggets games haha. Their fan base is hilarious. No history. They just discovered the NBA because their team is good now.