• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why he would do this to himself.

He's about to be the "it" guy for NBA and likely make more money for a much more stressful gig.
Being a coach is cool being a talking head is lame. He has money.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca , lot of local stuff here about how much the Thunder want Gradey Dick from Kansas and that they are going to move up a few spots if they have to.
Start SGA, Giddey and Dick?

Who they kicking out of last season's starting lineup if they start him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They have interviewed a bunch of guys.

I doubt he is a serious candidate.

Why not?

He has it all. Basketball acumen, great communicator, not afraid to have hard conversations. He has the personality and the knowledge to be very good.

Only thing he lacks is experience. This is exactly the type of hire a rebuilding team should be looking for.

Take a big swing. If you miss, try again in 2 years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

He has it all. Basketball acumen, great communicator, not afraid to have hard conversations. He has the personality and the knowledge to be very good.

Only thing he lacks is experience. This is exactly the type of hire a rebuilding team should be looking for.

Take a big swing. If you miss, try again in 2 years.
No experience is the main reason.

Nash is a perfect example of why not.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you probably fap to those guys. Your choice. I am not judging.

This is an odd topic to have such a strong opinion about. I understand your man crush for JJ is unrequited perhaps one day it will be fulfilled.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No experience is the main reason.

Nash is a perfect example of why not.

Nash is an odd bird though. He has always been soft spoken and lived a private life out of the spotlight.

Not the personality I would ever pick to be good head coach.

JJ is almost the opposite.

Not a good comparison.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start SGA, Giddey and Dick?

Who they kicking out of last season's starting lineup if they start him?
I doubt Dick would start but he might replace Dort at some point. Right now the starting lineup will be Shai, Giddey, Holmgren, J Williams and Dort.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an odd topic to have such a strong opinion about. I understand your man crush for JJ is unrequited perhaps one day it will be fulfilled.
You came in and said being a talking head is better than being a coach. My response has nothing to do with redick specifically. You might still look up to the people on tv and maybe that works for you. It is a lame gig that is mostly fake. Being a coach he gets to control a basketball team and compete for victories. You don't have that fire and that's your choice.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came in and said being a talking head is better than being a coach. My response has nothing to do with redick specifically. You might still look up to the people on tv and maybe that works for you. It is a lame gig that is mostly fake. Being a coach he gets to control a basketball team and compete for victories. You don't have that fire and that's your choice.
There’s more long term money without the potential of being fired in a media gig vs coaching. Additionally, it’s very difficult to manage the modern athlete and their personalities in the NBA. This has been the case for nearly 3 decades with people talking about the modern NBA player often ignoring coaching. There’s more risk with little upside financially. Where I will agree with you is this. If Redick has that innate desire to compete and want to win then the choice is coaching. He may be up in his feels over the fact that he doesn’t have a ring, in part because he was a defensive liability come playoff time on every team he was ever on. If that’s where he is then coaching is the only path for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Brooklyn had a team built to contend. They needed an experienced coach with some clout.

Orlando is again the opposite. They won’t draw a top name, so better to take an unproven guy who could end up being great.

Or not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Brooklyn had a team built to contend. They needed an experienced coach with some clout.

Orlando is again the opposite. They won’t draw a top name, so better to take an unproven guy who could end up being great.

Or not.

Kyrie is a coach killer regardless. Had that been a different all-star level guard paired with KD, Nash might still be coaching.