• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Wizards are looking to bring in the Cavs GM - Mike Gansey - in an Exec. role. Heard anything about this where you are, @tlance ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Wizards are looking to bring in the Cavs GM - Mike Gansey - in an Exec. role. Heard anything about this where you are, @tlance ?

I have not.

But also can’t say I am paying much attention to Wizards front office personnel moves at the moment.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, it doesn’t matter.

Clippers are going nowhere fast if they are counting on Kawhi or George.

Westbrook doesn’t hurt, even if he doesn’t help.

I hear ya but from a team building stand point, the Clippers can't have that mind set. If they're committed to keeping Kawhi/George, they have to build the team with getting the best possible outcome. They can't just be resigned to the fact that Kawhi/George aren't reliable so we might as well keep Westbrook too because he's not actively hurting or we need to sell tickets or whatever. They have to do their best to improve the team.

What shopson said about Russ selling tickets got me thinking though with what I said in the Clips blow it up thread. They might actually be better off keeping Westbrook and dealing Kawhi/George for useful players and draft picks. You can't bottom out since you don't have your own draft picks, but you could make yourself more flexible getting solid rotational pieces. It's similar to what Brooklyn did with Kyrie and KD. And we know Westbrook is at his best when the ball is in his hands most of the time. It's just him and a bunch of dudes. So this way, you get back some draft capitol, get a handful of solid NBA players that you can use for trades later or whatever, and you can still sell tickets. Russ and a bunch of dudes will keep you in the play in race so fans will still be paying attention.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid wins in a landslide
About time they put some respect on the man’s name. Now my prayer is that when he accepts his award on Friday night he can be on the floor and playing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, it doesn’t matter.

Clippers are going nowhere fast if they are counting on Kawhi or George.

Westbrook doesn’t hurt, even if he doesn’t help.

True, but you could get someone who does help and maybe for less than Westbrook would cost.

But you're right, whether you keep Westbrook and his mostly empty numbers or someone who actually helps...it won't matter if PG and Kawhi can't play.