• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I just don’t like when most improved goes to a guy who is a borderline superstar.

There are other accolades for those players.

Give SGA his due as an all NBA 2nd teamer. Markk just doesn’t rise to that level.
I think Shai has a legit chance at 1st team. He’s finishing around 5th in MVP votes and he’s the only guard in that mix.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shai has a legit chance at 1st team. He’s finishing around 5th in MVP votes and he’s the only guard in that mix.

Yeah, maybe.

I saw Luka and Curry projected there.

But wouldn’t be mad if Shai got it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe.

I saw Luka and Curry projected there.

But wouldn’t be mad if Shai got it.
I’d put Shai on my first team personally. Maybe I shouldn’t but I’m letting expectation into my psyche when I make the vote. Luka’s and Curry’s team underachieved relative to expectations while Shai led a team that over performed. If it’s just number though, I agree that Luka and Curry get the nod.

My top 4 guards for All NBA are Luka Curry Shai and Donovan Mitchell.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d put Shai on my first team personally. Maybe I shouldn’t but I’m letting expectation into my psyche when I make the vote. Luka’s and Curry’s team underachieved relative to expectations while Shai led a team that over performed. If it’s just number though, I agree that Luka and Curry get the nod.

It has been a weird year.

Handful of guys are no doubt somewhere on first or 2nd team

Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Tatum, Curry, Luka, SGA

But then what do you do with guys like KD and LeBron who missed a lot of time?

Still think they deserve 2nd or 3rd because they were great when they played.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a weird year.

Handful of guys are no doubt somewhere on first or 2nd team

Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Tatum, Curry, Luka, SGA

But then what do you do with guys like KD and LeBron who missed a lot of time?

Still think they deserve 2nd or 3rd because they were great when they played.
It’s going to be a crime that either Jokic or Embiid gets relegated to 2nd team. I’m glad they changed the rule.

My 1st team regardless of position this year would be:
Embiid
Jokic
Giannis
Tatum

And that 5th spot is tough. Most of the season I would have had Luka in there until they collapsed post trade. I guess that’s Shai for me.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one this year. All 3 guys took their game to the next level. I think the biggest coming out party though was Markk when you consider Brunson’s playoffs last year which resulted in a big deal. All 3 guys are deserving though.

Going with Mark

SGA was already established.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be a crime that either Jokic or Embiid gets relegated to 2nd team. I’m glad they changed the rule.

My 1st team regardless of position this year would be:
Embiid
Jokic
Giannis
Tatum

And that 5th spot is tough. Most of the season I would have had Luka in there until they collapsed post trade. I guess that’s Shai for me.

Yeah.

And the thing is if you had all those guys on your roster?

They could totally play at the same time.

They are skilled enough to make it work. Would be some clunky defensive matchups but they could figure it out.

No reason not to have the 5 best players on first team in 2023.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

And the thing is if you had all those guys on your roster?

They could totally play at the same time.

They are skilled enough to make it work. Would be some clunky defensive matchups but they could figure it out.

No reason not to have the 5 best players on first team in 2023.
They could make it work but a front court of Giannis Jokic Embiid would have no spacing. For me, I don’t even go there. It’s just validation for the best individual seasons in the NBA. You can’t tell the story of the 2022-23 regular season without mentioning that Embiid Joker and Giannis were clearly in a tier unto themselves this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry doesn’t look to be in consideration from updated voting. Luka, Mitchell and Shai. The 3 guards fighting for 1st team. Shai seems like a lock

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this A.I. special on the local sports only channel and I’m just reminded of Sixers mismanagement for most of my life (post Doc Mo Malone). They’re talking about near trade but it didn’t happen because of Matt Geiger’s trade kicker. Looked up the Google. Sixers almost traded Iverson and Geiger for a return of Eddie Jones, Glen Rice, Jerome Williams and Dale Ellis.

Holy
Fucking
Shit

Is there any question that being a Sixers fan has been a torturous existence? We don’t have Jo if Hinkie gets the 1 or 2. It was Wiggins or Parker. Every other 1st round pick in the Process was a mistake. This roster finally makes sense. They need to close the deal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this A.I. special on the local sports only channel and I’m just reminded of Sixers mismanagement for most of my life (post Doc Mo Malone). They’re talking about near trade but it didn’t happen because of Matt Geiger’s trade kicker. Looked up the Google. Sixers almost traded Iverson and Geiger for a return of Eddie Jones, Glen Rice, Jerome Williams and Dale Ellis.

Holy
Fucking
Shit

Is there any question that being a Sixers fan has been a torturous existence? We don’t have Jo if Hinkie gets the 1 or 2. It was Wiggins or Parker. Every other 1st round pick in the Process was a mistake. This roster finally makes sense. They need to close the deal.
This off season I’m gonna pull a @DJ and drive some content with a thread on Iverson. I want to know what people thought he could have been if he put Jordan or Kobe like work into his off seasons.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I just don’t like when most improved goes to a guy who is a borderline superstar.

There are other accolades for those players.

Give SGA his due as an all NBA 2nd teamer. Markk just doesn’t rise to that level.
It’s sounding like Shai may be 1st team.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s sounding like Shai may be 1st team.
I've been trying to think of a comp for his game, who he's "like" as far as playing style.

He's too short to be KD...honestly it might be Kobe...what do you think? Drives inside a lot but also can shoot (probably better than Kobe), plays D, etc...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to think of a comp for his game, who he's "like" as far as playing style.

He's too short to be KD...honestly it might be Kobe...what do you think? Drives inside a lot but also can shoot (probably better than Kobe), plays D, etc...
Really no great comparison for me but D Wade comes to mind at times. I just don’t recall seeing a guy his size so smooth and calm driving into what seems like the entire other team in the lane. You can’t rush him. Being compared to a guy like that is high praise.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really no great comparison for me but D Wade comes to mind at times. I just don’t recall seeing a guy his size so smooth and calm driving into what seems like the entire other team in the lane. You can’t rush him. Being compared to a guy like that is high praise.
D Wade might be even better, good call

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3