• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To piggyback off my earlier point on raw stats. Ivey averaged nearly 20 a game post all star with 7 dimes at about 35 percent from 3. But right now and probably forever defensively he needs other good defenders around him.

Conversely the Pistons best lineup contained Bojan, Burks, Diablo, Joseph, and Stewart. 4 of the 5 being vets who've been around awhile and can blend together because it is what they do. You aren't winning shit with that lineup (unless you have a top 5 player in the league with them maybe) but you sure as hell aren't getting the drop off you get when you put Damian Jones or Udoka Azibuike in for Kessler or Olynyk. Jones/Udoka could easily not be in the league.

So sure....Kessler looks like Jokic when those 2 clowns aren't in the game. As opposed to what Orlando has subbing in for Banchero (usually Bol or Wagner sliding over) or the combo of the above in Detroit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here I thought Bledsoe was just washed or had the yips.

Motherfucker could have been point shaving.

Eh, if only that were the root of the Clippers shitacular failures….lol
I really don’t know how legit anything is in China

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

Brunson is a true offensive breakdown option at the point and not the best defender, he’s also a legit big 3 type player

The other two do make their bones defensively first and foremost, and are role players on good teams

Not saying either is perfect, but I’d do Caruso over Brunson

Reaves is a 3 and D role player

That’s not a knock. They’re valuable

He’s closer to a James posey or one of the martin twins than either of these comps

What are you disagreeing with?

Both are terrible comparisons.

The only thing Caruso and Reaves have in common are they are both white and played for the Lakers.

They really aren’t similar in terms of play style.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To piggyback off my earlier point on raw stats. Ivey averaged nearly 20 a game post all star with 7 dimes at about 35 percent from 3. But right now and probably forever defensively he needs other good defenders around him.

Conversely the Pistons best lineup contained Bojan, Burks, Diablo, Joseph, and Stewart. 4 of the 5 being vets who've been around awhile and can blend together because it is what they do. You aren't winning shit with that lineup (unless you have a top 5 player in the league with them maybe) but you sure as hell aren't getting the drop off you get when you put Damian Jones or Udoka Azibuike in for Kessler or Olynyk. Jones/Udoka could easily not be in the league.

So sure....Kessler looks like Jokic when those 2 clowns aren't in the game. As opposed to what Orlando has subbing in for Banchero (usually Bol or Wagner sliding over) or the combo of the above in Detroit.
All true.

But, anyone watching the games, and not just reading numbers off a piece of paper, is aware of this.

Sometimes, it’s actually okay to believe what you see with your own two eyes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he’s budget KCP?

It's going to be interesting with him. He's played well the whole time he's been with the Lakers.

But his level of play has really picked up since the trade deadline.

How much teams believe is him and how much they believe is the result of the improved pieces around him will determine what he's offered.

I believe the most the Lakers can offer him is $50.8 million over 4 years unless they are matching an offer from another team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true.

But, anyone watching the games, and not just reading numbers off a piece of paper, is aware of this.

Sometimes, it’s actually okay to believe what you see with your own two eyes.

Much like the shift fucking up baseball we got analytics taking things a bit far with hoops. Fortunately analytics doesn't fuck the game up itself in basketball.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you disagreeing with?

Both are terrible comparisons.

The only thing Caruso and Reaves have in common are they are both white and played for the Lakers.

They really aren’t similar in terms of play style.

I don’t think Brunson is a better comp

But I agree neither are good

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting with him. He's played well the whole time he's been with the Lakers.

How much teams believe is him and how much they believe is the result of the improved pieces around him will determine what he's offered.

I believe the most the Lakers can offer him is $50.8 million over 4 years unless they are matching an offer from another team.
I personally like the kid.

I think he might turn out to be a better scorer than KCP, a tick less on the defensive end.

I think the Lakers should, and will, do anything reasonable to keep him.

Still, Dude saying he’s worth 4/99 is on that shit.

But, it only takes 1 team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he has a really good playoff you're going to get a team come in with a big overpay that is totally ignoring having Lebron and AD on the floor and what that does to open his opportunities up. Heck even D Lo is an above average offensive option. 3 guys the defense has to respect. Anyone giving Reaves crazy money is going to be paying him that to be THAT dude for at least 12 minutes a game.

I'm not saying it's impossible...but I'd say unlikely.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like the kid.

I think he might turn out to be a better scorer than KCP, a tick less on the defensive end.

I think the Lakers should, and will, do anything reasonable to keep him.

Still, Dude saying he’s worth 4/99 is on that shit.

But, it only takes 1 team.

I don’t think he’s legally allowed to get that much, much like THT

So it’s a pointless discussion

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has a really good playoff you're going to get a team come in with a big overpay that is totally ignoring having Lebron and AD on the floor and what that does to open his opportunities up. Heck even D Lo is an above average offensive option. 3 guys the defense has to respect. Anyone giving Reaves crazy money is going to be paying him that to be THAT dude for at least 12 minutes a game.

Linsanity

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any team with 2 stars (Philly, Boston, etc) who demand attention will benefit from guys like him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he turns out better than him for sure. And better than Poole (one of the very few mistakes GS has made and it will likely cost them Klay) but still not worth 25 mil.

10 to 12 Is his value imo and he's going to get more.
Poole.

Yikes…lol

Still have hope for the kid.

Probably needs to go elsewhere.

* and stop doing dumb shit *

For the price they are paying, he should be putting up Monk’s stat line from game one, and vice versa.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poole.

Yikes…lol

Still have hope for the kid.

Probably needs to go elsewhere.

* and stop doing dumb shit *

For the price they are paying, he should be putting up Monk’s stat line from game one, and vice versa.

If he can be humbled into being a spark off the bench like Monk did then he can be a valuable asset. If he thinks he is Walmart Steph Curry I'm not sure he does much more than take up a roster spot.

The Warriors are already adjusting his time for key games and that's with Wiggins not getting his full due.

All that said he defied odds given his draft position and parlayed it to a bag. Good for him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Brunson is a better comp

But I agree neither are good

I did say they are both terrible.

Reaves actually handles the ball attacks and creates a lot more than Caruso does.

Reaves is not a 3 and player at all.

He is not nearly as good as Brunson and he obviously isn’t a point guard. But the things that Reaves does well are closer to what Brunson does well than what Caruso does well.

And again, I think the Brunson comp is terrible. Especially taken in context with the conclusion that he is a $100 million player.