• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.12 FTA per game on the season (most on the Lakers). 2 shooting fouls per game. Double digits in a game or two outlier is your battleground lol?
Nope. I’m making reference to the post All Star break segment when LeBron was out, his minutes and usage rates increased and he had a string of like 4-6 games in a row with double digit foul shots. Do you not remember us doing this before? I do. You went back and forth me and first denied it was happening. And then you pivoted to “but show me it’s a bit a foul”. Then I found a tweet with a 4 minute video that showed every whistle he got over 2-3 games in that segment. We all agreed that most of what was on display in that video was play on stuff and that there were more offensive fouls committed by Reaves than actually real defensive fouls. Wisely, after the video was posted you dropped it.

Now you’re pretending all this didn’t happen and you’re back to questioning Reaves getting a bull shit whistle. Here’s the only thing we will agree on. The officials were better on him last night and only gave him one unwarranted foul that was really him leaning in and creating contact.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.12 FTA per game on the season (most on the Lakers). 2 shooting fouls per game. Double digits in a game or two outlier is your battleground lol?

It was 4 consecutive games ftr.

And pretty much since the break he's getting 6 plus consistently. Which would put him in the 10 to 15 range in the whole league while averaging like 25 to 28 minutes a game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the breakdown of off/def PFs. I think that would explain a lot.

Again, 4 fouls per game.
Then get after it. You’re the only one here undecided. The Lakers have always and will always get a whistle slanted to them. It is what it is.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he's balking at 4 years 51 mil

I'd give him that consideration given his season here.

But anything we'll above that is problematic

I think his max is 4/58…so it’s peanuts in the grand scheme of things

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH. THE. GAMES.

League moves to excessive 3 pt shooting, Lakers near the bottom of the league in 3 pt attempts and the top of the league in points in the paint, somehow leads the league in FT. WHAHAPPEN?
Real talk.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real talk.
Atlanta is right there with the Lakers in both. I don’t know where they are on the chart though. It would stand to reason by this logic though that they would be very close on free throw differential.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I’m making reference to the post All Star break segment when LeBron was out, his minutes and usage rates increased and he had a string of like 4-6 games in a row with double digit foul shots. Do you not remember us doing this before? I do. You went back and forth me and first denied it was happening. And then you pivoted to “but show me it’s a bit a foul”. Then I found a tweet with a 4 minute video that showed every whistle he got over 2-3 games in that segment. We all agreed that most of what was on display in that video was play on stuff and that there were more offensive fouls committed by Reaves than actually real defensive fouls. Wisely, after the video was posted you dropped it.

Now you’re pretending all this didn’t happen and you’re back to questioning Reaves getting a bull shit whistle. Here’s the only thing we will agree on. The officials were better on him last night and only gave him one unwarranted foul that was really him leaning in and creating contact.

To me that's what is creating the separation he's getting. Teams know he gets that whistle with that got damn shoulder so they gotta ease up which gives him room to shoot.

His 3 pt percentage is like 80 pct points better this year.

Kid works his tail off on D. I will give him that....so he's more than a Duncan Robinson type by a good margin.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is right there with the Lakers in both. I don’t know where they are on the chart though. It would stand to reason by this logic though that they would be very close on free throw differential.
Ok I did the math. Atlanta has a negative free throw differential even though they are immediately next to the lakers in 3 pt attempts and points in the paint. There must be some other logical reasons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH. THE. GAMES.

League moves to excessive 3 pt shooting, Lakers near the bottom of the league in 3 pt attempts and the top of the league in points in the paint, somehow leads the league in FT. WHAHAPPEN?
That still doesn't explain the ridiculous differential. That cannot be explained. Why? Bc we already know the answer

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember a few.

I also remember Lebron being hit with no whistle.

But, KAT’s 5th and little Country Reaves offensive foul?

:laugh3:

Still, the refs didn’t beat the Wolves.

They beat themselves.

Trash 3 after 3, trash ass coaching, silly stupid turnovers, lack of composure, barn door being opened on every Edwards shots….

Much bigger factors.

Add in the somewhat questionable calls against the Lakers, like the traveling on AD and the foul on AD, both of which I actually agreed with, it's kind of hard to find any favoritism.

Minny was lights out from 3 early and kept shooting them in the 4th quarter and OT even though they weren't falling anymore.

At one point they were something like 13-23 from both 3 point range and in the paint.

The 3's stopped falling, but they kept shooting them rather than attack the paint.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Small sample size. 4 games out of how many? His jump was at least partially due to his jump in usage while Lebron was out. Drawing contact when defensive players overcommit is a skill.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in the somewhat questionable calls against the Lakers, like the traveling on AD and the foul on AD, both of which I actually agreed with, it's kind of hard to find any favoritism.

Minny was lights out from 3 early and kept shooting them in the 4th quarter and OT even though they weren't falling anymore.

At one point they were something like 13-23 from both 3 point range and in the paint.

The 3's stopped falling, but they kept shooting them rather than attack the paint.

Yep, and the Wolves had 11 blocks and 13 steals that couldn't possibly been the result of contact, they were all spit-shine clean.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I did the math. Atlanta has a negative free throw differential even though they are immediately next to the lakers in 3 pt attempts and points in the paint. There must be some other logical reasons.

It's simple

Austin Reeves is more athletic than Trae Young and Dejuante Murray

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed this article about something that happened 30 years ago in Chicago. Some cool stuff on Jordan.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to make the debate even more ROFL

Austin Reeves average since March 1 would place him 10th in the NBA in Free Throws per game

The other 9

Giannis
Embiid
Luka
SGA
Tatum
Butler
Ja
Lillard
Trae

Naturally the next up is Austin Reeves

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to make the debate even more ROFL

Austin Reeves average since March 1 would place him 10th in the NBA in Free Throws per game

The other 9

Giannis
Embiid
Luka
SGA
Tatum
Butler
Ja
Lillard
Trae

Naturally the next up is Austin Reeves
Austin Reaves' twin brother?