• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive period.

I don’t think anyone here can deny the Lakers exceeded expectations after this trade.

I had you finishing 7th after the play in, I believe…..

But, had you not given that game away to Houston?

Yeesh.

No, the Lakers slander is not about the Lakers at all.

This is all @DJ …lol

Days ago, he said the Lakers could get 4 and pass the Suns.

He has a real problem with distinguishing between what is mathematically possible and what is absolutely ludicrous and not based in any kind of sane reality.

The rest of your brethren here are sensible.

6, and even a outside chance at 5, were definitely on the table.

But, @DJ ?

:pound::pound::pound:

We told him to slow his roll…lol

I am fucking ecstatic about how well this team has bounced back from where they were even as recent as a couple of months ago. Watching the Lakers was less pleasurable than period cramps.

They still have a long long way to go though.

No way in hell should have have let the games against Utah go to OT. No way in hell should last nights game against the B-team of the Suns have been decided late in the 4th.

Their turnovers and sloppy free throws will be the death of this team.

This is nowhere near a championship team, but they can make some noise and if everything goes right, maybe even win a series or two

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh….

You said it.

You actually typed that shit out.

Adding a lol at the end does not protect you from this fade, my guy.
If you can't understand the difference between a serious statement and a joke....that is more on you than me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban has run the club into the ground. Im hoping they have half filled arenas all next year after last night's embarrassment. Ashamed to be a Mavs fan

I've never understood why they can't ever seem to land that top tier FA. It seems like almost every year they're "1 player away" from contention.

Cuban seems like an owner that players would want to play for as it seems like he spares no expense when it comes to the players and Dallas seems like a pretty modern city.

They kind of remind me of the 80's Rams, only they have an owner who's willing to spend to get that 1 more player. He just can't seem to get anyone to take his money.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking ecstatic about how well this team has bounced back from where they were even as recent as a couple of months ago. Watching the Lakers was less pleasurable than period cramps.

They still have a long long way to go though.

No way in hell should have have let the games against Utah go to OT. No way in hell should last nights game against the B-team of the Suns have been decided late in the 4th.

Their turnovers and sloppy free throws will be the death of this team.

This is nowhere near a championship team, but they can make some noise and if everything goes right, maybe even win a series or two
Agree.

This is a team for next year.

A full training camp….

Using your exemptions on the right guys, not Dudes like Lonnie….

Guys getting healthy…

But, like the Thunder and the Pels, the Lakers will absolutely scare the shit out of whomever they face in the 1st round, if they get there.

Like @bksballer89 said, winning 4 series without home court advantage is probably to tall a order.

But, I think you can snuff out a top 3 team in the 1st round, especially if it’s Denver.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't understand the difference between a serious statement and a joke....that is more on you than me.

I mean, if you're going to make a joke, go crazy. Not say something that is mathematically possible.

Joke around and say they'll be 2nd seed or some dumb shit like that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

A full training camp….

Guys getting healthy…

But, like the Thunder and the Pels, the Lakers will absolutely scare the shit out of whomever they face in the 1st round, if they get there.

Like @bksballer89 said, winning 4 series without home court advantage is probably to tall a order.

But, I think you can snuff out a top 3 team in the 1st round, especially if it’s Denver.

If at any point they face the Clippers or full strength Suns, they're out. In probably 5 games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ,

…if you really want to do this, we can.

But, it won’t end well.

Just accept the fact that you shoot your mouth off with nonsensical bullshit and this is your comeuppance.

Just like I would have given you your flowers had your predictions come true, you need to take the kick to the dick when they don’t.

You are wrong so often that this should be a easier pill to swallow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

A full training camp….

Guys getting healthy…

Yeah, in some ways, this should be the easiest off season Pelinka has had since he's been there.

His main goal should be to just bring back as many guys from this current roster as possible.

Then just don't fuck up the couple of final tweaks they'll need.

They do that and they should be able to do a far better job of getting through the 15-20 or so games apiece that Lebron and AD are almost certain to miss.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the area right around the campus isn't that bad anymore.

Used to be that you didn't want to leave campus unless you were in a car and heading for the freeway.

During the Pete Carroll days, USC invested a lot in the surrounding community.

But there is still a definite perimeter that you don't want to cross.
Well that’s good.

I hated reading the stories about all the car Ja kings, robberies and even murders of students at that school.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, in some ways, this should be the easiest off season Pelinka has had since he's been there.

His main goal should be to just bring back as many guys from this current roster as possible.

Then just don't fuck up the couple of final tweaks they'll need.

They do that and they should be able to do a far better job of getting through the 15-20 or so games apiece that Lebron and AD are almost certain to miss.
I think you need another shooter.

That will help keep Vanderbilt on the floor until he develops some kind of consistent offense.

Rui needs more consistency as well.

But, you have an actual TEAM and are no longer the land of misfit toys.

I’m not about to start a bunch of shit in the thread.

But, some folks here Gotta admit that HBK is slightly above being a JAG.

The kid can play.

Yes, I think some of his foul calls are excessive.

That is on the refs.

He’s not a star.

But, he can fricking ball.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood why they can't ever seem to land that top tier FA. It seems like almost every year they're "1 player away" from contention.

Cuban seems like an owner that players would want to play for as it seems like he spares no expense when it comes to the players and Dallas seems like a pretty modern city.

They kind of remind me of the 80's Rams, only they have an owner who's willing to spend to get that 1 more player. He just can't seem to get anyone to take his money.
Cuban is too involved and too impatient. Their team makes the WCF...but they tried to get cute, lowballed Brunson, made a terrible trade, and now their roster is a jumbled mess. If they had given Brunson a fair deal when they originally has the chance, they would still be a contender and really be "1 player away", but after last night, it's over. Cuban ordered Kidd to tank the game, hoping and praying their 3% chance at Victor comes through. Pathetic

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s good.

I hated reading the stories about all the car Ja kings, robberies and even murders of students at that school.

Yeah, in the 80's and 90's it was so bad that a USC football player was actually struck during a practice by a stray bullet that had been fired off campus.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need another shooter.

That will help keep Vanderbilt on the floor until he develops some kind of consistent offense.

Rui needs more consistency as well.

But, you have an actual TEAM and are no longer the land of misfit toys.

I’m not about to start a bunch of shit in the thread.

But, some folks here Gotta admit that HBK is slightly above being a JAG.

The kid can play.

Yes, I think some of his foul calls are excessive.

That is on the refs.

He’s not a star.

But, he can fricking ball.

Agree. I kind of see HBK as a WalMart Ginobili.

He's not the star that Ginobili was and isn't going to be.

But he effects the game in similar ways and has a style on offense that is hard for defenders to adjust to.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban is too involved and too impatient. Their team makes the WCF...but they tried to get cute, lowballed Brunson, made a terrible trade, and now their roster is a jumbled mess. If they had given Brunson a fair deal when they originally has the chance, they would still be a contender and really be "1 player away", but after last night, it's over. Cuban ordered Kidd to tank the game, hoping and praying their 3% chance at Victor comes through. Pathetic
You are spot on.

But, at least it’s not a 2 player race in this year’s draft.

Obviously, Wemby is the white whale.

But, if the ping pong balls bounce lucky, Scoot and Miller would make you better.

Or, at the very least, they’d be magnificent trade bait.

Even if you stay at #10, there are good guys available.