• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…

Judge a team on a lot of things.

But you can’t be mad about coming out flat in a game like this.

Yes, they needed to win it. But they were playing a JV squad and it is not a playoff game.

It is human nature to coast for awhile in games like this. Most teams do it. Even championship caliber ones.

Not saying that is what the Lakers are, but don’t read anything into last nights game. They got the W, and that is all that really matters.

True, but it's still frustrating.

Like the recent game vs the Jazz. They're fighting to try to get to as high as the 5th seed and they have a game the next night vs, the Clips that they had to win to have a great shot at the 6th seed, let alone 5th,

They should have come out looking to put the game away early so Lebron and AD could sit the 4th quarter.

Instead, they come out flat and have to go to overtime vs a tanking team that, outside of Sexton, wasn't playing their best players.

Not saying that's why they lost to the Clips...but it sure didn't help their cause.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll be interesting to see what he does.

On the one hand, even though it blew up in their faces, the Mavs showed Luka that they're trying by trading for Kyrie.

On the other hand, they've never been able to land a top tier FA and with what they gave up to get Kyrie, they're going to be in worse shape next season than they were before the trade.

Cuban may have been non-committal re: Kyrie because he's waiting to see what Luka does. If Luka demands a trade, maybe he tries to sign Kyrie to salvage something from that trade.

Losing both Luka and Kyrie would be disastrous for them.

Of course, losing Luka and keeping Kyrie may also be disastrous. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the one hand, even though it blew up in their faces, the Mavs showed Luka that they're trying by trading for Kyrie.

On the other hand, they've never been able to land a top tier FA and with what they gave up to get Kyrie, they're going to be in worse shape next season than they were before the trade.

Cuban may have been non-committal re: Kyrie because he's waiting to see what Luka does. If Luka demands a trade, maybe he tries to sign Kyrie to salvage something from that trade.

Did they show him they were REALLY trying? Or was it a group going through the motions in order to SAY they did something. If I’m Luka I’m thinking to myself ok you “tried”. Is it better that now I’m seriously questioning your ability to do that job in the front office? These playoffs could produce a lot of movement of big players. Already you have Dame Beal Luka who won’t be in playoffs that have stuff circulating about them. From the playoffs you could see a franchise call time out and say what are we doing and blow it up to some extent in - Bulls, Hawks, Tor, Heat, Sixers, TWolves, Clippers, Nuggets, Memphis. We could have a summer of a number of stars requesting movement.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban taking the blame for not recognizing how take fouls put them so far behind on defense

Cuban’s comments make me even more glad they put in the take foul rule. Part of your defensive game plan shouldn’t lean on using that foul as a core defensive principle. Glad it was changed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…

Judge a team on a lot of things.

But you can’t be mad about coming out flat in a game like this.

Yes, they needed to win it. But they were playing a JV squad and it is not a playoff game.

It is human nature to coast for awhile in games like this. Most teams do it. Even championship caliber ones.

Not saying that is what the Lakers are, but don’t read anything into last nights game. They got the W, and that is all that really matters.

Twice in one week, with a horrible effort vs the Clips in between and one more JV game most likely this Sunday. Once is an aberration, twice a question, third time? Could be a trend...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Twice in one week, with a horrible effort vs the Clips in between and one more JV game most likely this Sunday. Once is an aberration, twice a question, third time? Could be a trend...
Going to just copy and paste this because I have a feeling I will have the same feeling a few hours from now.

Clippers always blow in afternoon games and they have them back to back to end the season.

Oh, the joy…..

Stop playing with your food, put their asses in the dirt EARLY, sit your horses in preparation of tomorrow’s game.

Going to overtime against scrubs, when you have a game the next day, is just retarded.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Mecca the Thunder get one more game!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to overtime against scrubs, when you have a game the next day, is just retarded.

Now you know how we feel with the Lakers going OT against the shorthanded Jazz before facing the Clippers

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much got the 7 seed....so I don't give a fuck.....let's hear it!!!!
the rock GIF

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, we did leapfrog 6 teams after the trade deadline....

Yeah, all things considered, can't complain too much. I heard yesterday that if they win tomorrow they will have gone 18-8 since the deadline.