• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closest I've ever come to thinking "that's the end of USC football being relevant".

Couldn't imagine a parent wanting their kid to go to USC after that happened.
I will never forget seeing that on news....it was all we talked about in the neighborhood.

But, shit liked that happened in the streets all the time back then. Has tapered off a lot since. It isn't the war zone it used to be.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never forget seeing that on news....it was all we talked about in the neighborhood.

But, shit liked that happened in the streets all the time back then. Has tapered off a lot since. It isn't the war zone it used to be.
For me, it was the Chinese kid that they beat to death with a baseball bat.

Gruesome shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My first wife had been a student there a couple of years before it happened. When I would go out there to visit...we would never set foot off campus unless we were driving to another part of the city.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is really still in flux.

Even for the play in, as far as seeding goes.

Minny can catch NOLA.

NOLA can still catch the Clippers….lol

We still know nothing.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This random account actually has legit sources so congrats, it's happening. Bronny going to USC

Half Baked Boo GIF

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on.

But, at least it’s not a 2 player race in this year’s draft.

Obviously, Wemby is the white whale.

But, if the ping pong balls bounce lucky, Scoot and Miller would make you better.

Or, at the very least, they’d be magnificent trade bait.

Even if you stay at #10, there are good guys available.
For sure, I've seen Cason Wallace projected at 10, nice potential. That said, I don't think Cuban realizes how much he damaged the Mavs brand before.
There have been tank jobs before in the NBA, but almost always with teams that sucked all year anyway. The Mavs were one game out of a shot at the playoffs and tanked. That's a totally different level to me

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets came out pretty good in this imo. The Kyrie situation was untenable. He is a cancer. They weren't gonna be able to wait this out and see if they could make a playoff run. You can't be as toxic as Kyrie and hope it all just gels together in 2 months. Basketball doesn't work that way. In return, they got players that can help them now, which still keeps them in title contention because a healthy KD is a fucking beast. Dinwiddie is a good starter. DFS is a great 3 and D guy. They got a 1st and multiple 2nds. They came out good here in a bad situation.

I'm VERY skeptical about this for Dallas. I think its a huge risk to put a player like Kyrie next to Luka. You're gonna have to hope that Kyrie swallows his pride a bit and plays off ball the same way he did in Cleveland next to Lebron because Luka and Lebron are the same player stylistically. They are point forwards where they control the entire show. Kyrie bristled at that role towards the end of his run with Lebron and has wanted the ball ever since. Their gonna butt heads constantly on court if Kyrie doesn't adjust.

(^Said after the trade)

Nailed it. Nets came out good and the Mavs are mess. Tell ESPN to push out Zach Lowe and I'll take his place. I want my dressing room furnished with Mtn Dew and Starbursts, but only the orange and yellow ones.