• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Poole’s stats, you’d think he had a good year.

If you actually watched the games, you’d be pulling your hair out.
As someone who did watch a lot of the games, it's the feast or famine inconsistency. He's actually won a couple games for us. But he's lost a couple more.

His game just doesn't fit really. He's talented and a useful piece but not on this team, like DLo. Hope they find a good trade in the offseason.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be real. The Harris asset is a tough pill to swallow that only about 10-12 teams will value. He’s 38-39 million of expiring cap but that also means finding 39 million on your squad to ship out that the Sixers would actually want. The Sixers taking on bad money like Ball is going to need to be the type of thing to make the deal work.
Yup.

Concede.

:yo:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Concede.

:yo:
Harris was a positive force in the playoffs last year. He actually took a step forward with his commitment to defense. When you close with Harden Maxey you need somebody to take on guarding a top scoring option. Harris isn’t the Glove or anything but he doesn’t look completely over matched vs those guys. The other night he did solid work on Tatum. First Celtics game this year Tatum went off. Sixers held him down in the other 3 (as much as you can hold an All NBA 1st teamer down) and that’s in large part because of Harris taking on that challenge.

I’m hoping he has another plus playoffs for not just the obvious desire for team success but to help make that asset easier to move this summer.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still, it's the Warriors on the road. Should take care of business, but.....?
That's why they play the games. To be fair, like last year the Ws are getting back to full strength right as the playoffs start. So not all of the past is relevant. I think they will be better than they were during the season in the playoffs but don't see them winning the West.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they play the games. To be fair, like last year the Ws are getting back to full strength right as the playoffs start. So not all of the past is relevant. I think they will be better than they were during the season in the playoffs but don't see them winning the West.
They have as good a chance as anybody if Wiggins is Wiggins of last year.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not buying the road struggles argument in this situation.

Dubs will take care of business.
Like I replied to shopson, last year the Warriors playoff team was nothing like the regular season one, the big 3 never played together until the playoffs. A bit similar now with GPII and Wiggins now added and everyone pretty much ready to go.

Their rotation looks pretty good now. Not win the West good but win at least a series good

Curry, Klay, Wiggins. Looney, Draymond

Poole, Kuminga, GPII, DDV

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the Denver thing. Is Lue in the right place? Read some stuff about loss he’s dealt with this year. I think Clippers have the perfect piece to defend Jokic in Batum.
He has dealt with a ton of death.

7 family members is a lot.

Dunno what the Denver block is about.

All I know is, we have the exact opposite issue as the Lakers.

We can absolutely beat the team down the hall.

But, every other team in the West playoff picture can absolutely beat us, including the play in teams.

Lakers can’t beat this iteration of the Clippers.

But, have a decent shot at beating everyone else, sans a healthy Phoenix.

That does not bode well for the Clippers seeing as they have no shot of matching up with the only team they can beat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a first round matchup between 2 top 7-8 teams in the league this year. That doesn’t happen often. This opportunity is huge for Cavs long term growth and assessment of what they really have in their group and what they need to be a true contender 1-2 years from now.
Agree, it would be a huge step. Not only experience but a series win is growth in itself. Ahead of schedule with a series win.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or they'll keep Kyrie with a max extension, lol.
Not so fast….lol

The Mavs can offer Irving as much as $272 million over five years, more than any other team due to possessing his Bird rights. But Cuban was noncommittal when asked if the Mavs could be outbid for Irving in free agency this summer. “I don’t know,” Cuban said. “I guess there’s always too high a price, depending, but now with the new CBA, it’s a different world

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he will be pretty rusty. Maybe the first round gets him going. Still not enough to get past Boston or Milwaukee IMO
And honestly, no shame in that. I think they’re the only 2 teams in the league (maybe the Suns if you get best case scenario out of a group that’s only been on the court together 8 times) that can beat the Sixers in a 7 game series. It just sucks that the Sixers path says they meet Celtics in 2nd round. Full disclosure, all my West conversations are assuming Bucks/Celtics are on the other side and the West is losing that series. I just think those teams are head and shoulders above everybody else over the course of the season. They have guys who know their role. They have guys who are two way players which the playoffs really reward. Every fucking guy has to be accounted for in the half court because they have the ability to knock down 3s. They execute well and they’re built for this.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, it would be a huge step. Not only experience but a series win is growth in itself. Ahead of schedule with a series win.
For me, they’re ahead of schedule with a top 5 record in the league already! A first round series win and steal a game or two from the Bucks would just further confirm. I’m excited to see what the Cavs will be. From afar, I’ve been impressed with the rebuild they’ve done. I’ve been especially attuned to that aspect of the sport since the Sixers tanked. Sixers move were purposeful toward losing as the primary driver of the rebuild. Cavs maximized the LeBron window but then would naturally take a step back once he’s gone. What happened has been organic and they’ve made great decisions along the way.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have as good a chance as anybody if Wiggins is Wiggins of last year.
If Durant and those stick legs hold up, the Suns are coming out of the West.

I am not buying Denver, especially if they wind up with the Lakers.

My picks….

Suns, Griz, Dubs, Lakers, Kings……in that order.

Clippers getting snuffed without a healthy George.

I don’t believe in deluding myself.