• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a fun one because your answer goes as far as your imagination. Brandon Roy without the knee history? Greg Oden without his injury history? People forget how good Roy was. He and Dame? Damn. Who knows what Oden would have been because we never saw too much healthy NBA run.

How do they match up with 2012 Heat?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imho....and I don't believe I'm alone on it....but last night's 76ers game sealed the MVP for Joel Embiid.
He's been leading in the "voting" for the last few months anyhow...and it was solidified with his performance last night.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Kyrie/Durant shitshow, after the Garnett/PP shitshow…..

You would think the Nets would pump the breaks on trying to take the shortcut.

Like seriously, they had just got a decent roster of youngsters and replenished some of their picks.

But, pushed all their chips in on nutty ass Kyrie Irving.

It’s obviously a gamble most would take to get Durant.

But, the end result was catastrophic.

I cringe for them every time I see J Allen play for the Cavs, almost as much as I cringe when I see SGA, J Dub for the Thunder.

#Hindsight
So true...Dallas maybe should have seen what happened in Brooklyn when they also went after name over fit. Clearly, the Nets would have been better off just keeping Allen and Levert over giving up them and other assets for Harden. Culture, grit & fit is often better than a paper super team.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Presti will part with that many picks for one guy but we will see. The name I keep hearing around here that might be gettable is PJ Washington. One thing is for certain, a trade is coming, the Thunder can’t pay all of these guys for long. The Thunder letting Dort shoot too much may be hurting his value, but I think most know what he is on defense and that he wouldn’t shoot as much on a better team. This might sound crazy but I think it is possible that Giddey gets moved, he would command a pretty big price.
What?

Keep Giddey.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc should be rooting for a Sixers exit in the 2nd round and Joel Embiid wanting to get out. I could see him really liking the culture and atmosphere there and they’re kind of built to play around Embiid/SGA pick and roll. I think Embiid fits the guy you’re talking about. Obviously, I want a different path for the Sixers but they are a step below where the Cs and Bucks are and their path entails beating both of them. I am a Homer and I still give them a 1/8 chance they can pull that off. That one time is Embiid going nuts for a month.
They very likely could blow it up and fire Rivers as well.....if they have an exit before the ECF.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz have a really nice asset in Lauri. But Chet makes it tough. I think we all agree that asking him to be the 5 for his first year in the NBA coming off of an injury is not putting him in a position to be successful. He could be a 5 later in his career or a guy who can split his minutes 4/5 but not right away. Do you see Lauri as a 3? I think his best guard is against the aggregate of the league’s 4s not 3s. So PJ and Lauri are tough adds based on fit.
Cavs made it work with LM at the 3 but that's with Allen and Mobley at 5 and 4....For sure the 3 not ideal for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a fun one because your answer goes as far as your imagination. Brandon Roy without the knee history? Greg Oden without his injury history? People forget how good Roy was. He and Dame? Damn. Who knows what Oden would have been because we never saw too much healthy NBA run.

How do they match up with 2012 Heat?

Well, for starters,

They would have been able to draft Dame if Roy and Oden had panned out and been healthy.

But that would have been a fun team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize it but Utah still has a chance. They would need to win out, have the Thunder lose out and also have Dallas lose 2 of 3.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Lebron hairline is highly suss.

Cool pic.

But, no comparison, resume wise, between these 2 guys.

B90D6E8D-7555-4AF8-8CED-817DEAFED7E0.jpeg

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so basically this chick thinks she is Draymond or Barkley minus being anyone who anyone gives a fuck about before last week

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so basically this chick thinks she is Draymond or Barkley minus being anyone who anyone gives a fuck about before last week

Draymond and ja morant rolled into one

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caitlin Clark’s response was perfect though.

Reese just milking any attention she can get. Won’t last long.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caitlin Clark’s response was perfect though.

Reese just milking any attention she can get. Won’t last long.

If Reese just did it once to no one in particular this would’ve been a non story

Chasing her around the court it what makes it absurd

In the nba that would’ve gotten someone a right cross

I still don’t get why lsu was upset that Iowa gave a South Carolina player the Russell Westbrook treatment

It’s not that big of a deal

And on the mens side teams did it to Andre Jackson of UConn

I didn’t see anyone making a big deal over it

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Reese just did it once to no one in particular this would’ve been a non story

Chasing her around the court it what makes it absurd

In the nba that would’ve gotten someone a right cross

I still don’t get why lsu was upset that Iowa gave a South Carolina player the Russell Westbrook treatment

It’s not that big of a deal

And on the mens side teams did it to Andre Jackson of UConn

I didn’t see anyone making a big deal over it
Nothing LSU ever has a reason to take offense with anything, they are the worst sports program in the country in terms of class.