• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Kyrie/Durant shitshow, after the Garnett/PP shitshow…..

You would think the Nets would pump the breaks on trying to take the shortcut.

Like seriously, they had just got a decent roster of youngsters and replenished some of their picks.

But, pushed all their chips in on nutty ass Kyrie Irving.

It’s obviously a gamble most would take to get Durant.

But, the end result was catastrophic.

I cringe for them every time I see J Allen play for the Cavs, almost as much as I cringe when I see SGA, J Dub for the Thunder.

#Hindsight
They are very lucky to end up with the pieces they do have. I mean Dinwiddie is saying he is even happy to be back there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are just going to give up a 26 year old guy making 22 mil next year.

He’s not even near a rookie max.

Would have to be a overpay of ridiculous proportions.
7 first round picks Dort and Pokusevski. You in if you’re the Nets? Still think Bridges is more Robin than Batman. However, would need to say I don’t want to put a ceiling on that man. I’m a big fan. I just think if he is Robin to SGA’s Batman with Giddy Chet and some other pieces they can add with draft assets after they deal the 7 that could be a great squad. If he is Batman in Brooklyn…I don’t know. Nets picks are going to Houston because of Harden trade. There’s no impetus to get rid of Bridges for a tank. That’s why Presti has to overwhelm them with picks. They need them and don’t have them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 first round picks Dort and Pokusevski. You in if you’re the Nets? Still think Bridges is more Robin than Batman. However, would need to say I don’t want to put a ceiling on that man. I’m a big fan. I just think if he is Robin to SGA’s Batman with Giddy Chet and some other pieces they can add with draft assets after they deal the 7 that could be a great squad. If he is Batman in Brooklyn…I don’t know. Nets picks are going to Houston because of Harden trade. There’s no impetus to get rid of Bridges for a tank. That’s why Presti has to overwhelm them with picks. They need them and don’t have them.
Here’s the problem with your hypothetical…

Would Presti do this deal?

Because, Brooklyn would definitely want J Will, Santa Clara, too.

I say no.

The Knicks would.

But, if the name RJ Barrett is mentioned, after I spit on them, I’d hang up if I’m the Nets.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn’t think of him but let’s quit talking about the Thunder future and not mention Jalen Williams. I’m not confident that he may not end up being the best piece we have. Time to recognize!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn’t think of him but let’s quit talking about the Thunder future and not mention Jalen Williams. I’m not confident that he may not end up being the best piece we have. Time to recognize!
I still have it SGA.

But, Williams is already good and still has room to grow.

I get that he’s older.

Not saying he’s of this guy’s caliber…

But, so was Dame.

I don’t see the Thunder giving up 7 picks for Bridges, who is currently the better player, when he will be relegated to the Phoenix role again, playing for the Thunder.

….and like I said above, no fucking way would I give up that many picks AND WILLIAMS.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have it SGA.

But, Williams is already good and still has room to grow.

I get that he’s older.

Not saying he’s of this guy’s caliber…

But, so was Dame.

I don’t see the Thunder giving up 7 picks for Bridges, who is currently the better player, when he will be relegated to the Phoenix role again, playing for the Thunder.

….and like I said above, no fucking way would I give up that many picks AND WILLIAMS.
I know Presti isn’t going to rush this but I hope he doesn’t pull an Ainge and wait too long.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would have to be a ton of picks

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka saying he is playing tonight and they arent giving up

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Presti isn’t going to rush this but I hope he doesn’t pull an Ainge and wait too long.

You need 1 more piece.

I think it best to wait until next season and try to bring in a disgruntled star who becomes available.

That is assuming they are a fit. Can’t be a Kyrie or Harden type.

I think Mikal Bridges would be awesome, but the price @fightinfunbags is suggesting is just too much.

If that is the price, you need an established star who can lead the team to contender status while also knowing the young core is the future.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be onboard with 7 firsts and Dort?

I love Mikal.

Dunno if he can be the alpha.

But, he’s PG at minimum….imo

I just think the more pressing need is a legit 5.

Now, if it were Clayton and Mikal?

Or, you could nab a guy like Capela too?

Yup.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need 1 more piece.

I think it best to wait until next season and try to bring in a disgruntled star who becomes available.

I think Mikal Bridges would be awesome, but the price @fightinfunbags is suggesting is just too much.

If that is the price, you need an established star who can lead the team to contender status while also knowing the young core is the future.
One thing you could bet anything on, if you were a bettor, is that the Thunder won’t be bringing in a problem child. That’s not happening.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need 1 more piece.

Chet is going to help them.

But, they need a 5.

I see Chet at the 4, maybe even the 3, for the foreseeable future, unless he goes on a cheeseburger massacre, eating 40,000 calories a day.

He’s not gonna be able to guard Davis, Freak…etc

But, nobody else in the league can either.

Funnily enough, they had the perfect guy for their timeline.

Alperen Sengun.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 picks?

Holy fuck.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be onboard with 7 firsts and Dort?

I love Mikal.

Dunno if he can be the alpha.

But, he’s PG at minimum….imo

I just think the more pressing need is a legit 5.

Now, if it were Clayton and Mikal?

Or, you could nab a guy like Capela too?

Yup.
I don’t think Presti will part with that many picks for one guy but we will see. The name I keep hearing around here that might be gettable is PJ Washington. One thing is for certain, a trade is coming, the Thunder can’t pay all of these guys for long. The Thunder letting Dort shoot too much may be hurting his value, but I think most know what he is on defense and that he wouldn’t shoot as much on a better team. This might sound crazy but I think it is possible that Giddey gets moved, he would command a pretty big price.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Presti will part with that many picks for one guy but we will see. The name I keep hearing around here that might be gettable is PJ Washington. One thing is for certain, a trade is coming, the Thunder can’t pay all of these guys for long. The Thunder letting Dort shoot too much may be hurting his value, but I think most know what he is on defense and that he wouldn’t shoot as much on a better team. This might sound crazy but I think it is possible that Giddey gets moved, he would command a pretty big price.
The kid in Charlotte?

Depends on his salary demands.

Plus, if he’s the 4, what is Chet?