• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they're unrealistic, the Thunder have picks to burn. Should have cap space to absorb some/all of the salary too.
At the same time…
1. You know Gobert gets exposed in the playoffs by bringing him away from the rim
2. He’s an expensive option as a rebounder and rim protector.

I don’t spend a King’s ransom on Gobert if I’m the Thunder. Just because they have picks to burn doesn’t mean they should. I agree with you that they could though. If I’m Presti I’m spending those picks in a trade this summer but not on Gobert. I try and use those firsts for a bigger fish. The guy you overspend for is an attempt to pry Mikal Bridges away from the Nets. Give them the offer they can’t refuse as they gear up for a rebuild anyway. He would be the perfect fit for them. Seems like a real Thunder player. Either draft or develop a solid 5 that doesn’t need shots, hope that Chet can provide some help defense rim protection, or trade for that guy. It’s a shame that they moved on from Stephen Adams. He’d be the perfect piece for their squad.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time…
1. You know Gobert gets exposed in the playoffs by bringing him away from the rim

I don’t spend a King’s ransom on Gobert if I’m the Thunder. Just because they have picks to burn doesn’t mean they should. I agree with you that they could though. If I’m Presti I’m spending those picks in a trade this summer but not on Gobert. I try and use those firsts for a bigger fish. The guy you overspend for is an attempt to pry Mikal Bridges away from the Nets. Give them the offer they can’t refuse as they gear up for a rebuild anyway. He would be the perfect fit for them. Seems like a real Thunder player. Either draft or develop a solid 5 that doesn’t need shots, hope that Chet can provide some help defense rim protection, or trade for that guy. It’s a shame that they moved on from Stephen Adams. He’d be the perfect piece for their squad.
Great post.

Bridges on OKC would be perfect with SGA.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second game in a back to back and barely escaping with a win. Well all I can say is...

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by Studios 2016
Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF
Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time…

Bridges is the Nets' best player, don't think he'll be available.

As far as Gobert, I think maybe you maybe offer extra picks, just not the good ones lol. If not Gobert, some other rim protector.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time…

No you are correct the Thunder will not be investing in Gobert. Holmgren will be as good of a rim protector as there is in the league. Definitely on Bridges but I don’t expect anyone of merit to be added for another season.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges is the Nets' best player, don't think he'll be available.
The Nets may decide to blow it up after the season in the post KD era.

They could get back a lot for Bridges and use that in a total rebuild since they won't be competing in the EC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are correct the Thunder will not be investing in Gobert. Holmgren will be as good of a rim protector as there is in the league. Definitely on Bridges but I don’t expect anyone of merit to be added for another season.
I think this is the summer to make the move. I think they need a vet to help the locker room evolve the right way. Offer the Nets 7 firsts or something ridiculous they can’t say no to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets may decide to blow it up after the season in the post KD era.

They could get back a lot for Bridges and use that in a total rebuild since they won't be competing in the EC.

Blow up the blow up? Still can't seem them moving Bridges, he's the prize of the Durant/Kyrie trades.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the summer to make the move. I think they need a vet to help the locker room evolve the right way. Offer the Nets 7 firsts or something ridiculous they can’t say no to.
Presti has a plan, I guess we will know at some point. Someone mentioned Adams, yea he would be a great guy to have now but they weren’t going to pay him his big contract all those years in a rebuild. Would be great to get him now on the cheap. The locker room is not really something I’m concerned about, Shai has things moving the right direction.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....neither are the kind of player you want as vet leaders of a young team. Maybe the Clippers blow it up?

I was thinking in terms of rim protector. I think the Thunder need at least one grown-man inside defender to bolster the roster. George or Kawhi are nice prizes, but there is always the injury concerns.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow up the blow up? Still can't seem them moving Bridges, he's the prize of the Durant/Kyrie trades.
Well....in the EC? They are about a 6 seed at best (where they are right now) .they ain't getting better than that IMO. That is not the goal of most teams.

Trade Bridges and DFS for a buncha picks and filler.....they can shoot for being a really good team in 3-4 years....after nailing a few drafts. Pull a Sam Presti.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be an overpay. Like I said above, how could the Nets in a rebuild say no to 7 first round picks from various squads around the NBA OKC has compiled? Additionally, the Nets can rebuild with a luxury most don’t have. They can free up cap because when they build the roster they are FA destination because they’re in NYC.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be an overpay. Like I said above, how could the Nets in a rebuild say no to 7 first round picks from various squads around the NBA OKC has compiled? Additionally, the Nets can rebuild with a luxury most don’t have. They can free up cap because when they build the roster they are FA destination because they’re in NYC.
BOOM

TRUST THE PROCESS.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can they keep fans on the hook for a prolonged rebuild via draft picks in NYC? That's questionable with the NY media...