• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Chet land if PJ is the 4?
I’m not sure Presti is concerned about being able to count 1-5 lol. By conventional standards I think Chet is going to play a lot of 3. I really think the Thunder are going to be at the forefront of positionless basketball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would give up a shitload of picks for Lauri.

PJ would be a depth piece IMO.

Good player.

But seems to me the type who can post numbers on a bad team or be 4th starter type, or 6th man on a good one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ would be a depth piece IMO.

Good player.

But seems to me the type who can post numbers on a bad team or be 4th starter type, or 6th man on a good one.
Scoring 43 against the Thunder last week didn’t hurt his cause.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

I’m not seeing any eddy first round calls

I think finding a pg there might be easier

Or trading the lock with a matching salary to find one

Or maybe Payton Pritchard

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

I’m not seeing any eddy first round calls

I think finding a pg there might be easier

Or trading the lock with a matching salary to find one

Or maybe Payton Pritchard
No.

Im good with Bones.

Preston hasn’t made any strides.

But, maybe Summer League?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s the problem with your hypothetical…

Would Presti do this deal?

Because, Brooklyn would definitely want J Will, Santa Clara, too.

I say no.

The Knicks would.

But, if the name RJ Barrett is mentioned, after I spit on them, I’d hang up if I’m the Nets.
Oh, this is a one shot deal. I don’t do this for any non-top 15-20 player that isn’t Mikal Bridges. I just wanted to come up with a price that would be enticing for the Nets to part with a player they really shouldn’t be parting with right now. But a team bereft of picks getting back what they gave and then some is compelling for them. Easter Break…I’m bored and talking nonsense. I just like both what OKC is building and Bridges a ton. Would be a nice merger.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn’t think of him but let’s quit talking about the Thunder future and not mention Jalen Williams. I’m not confident that he may not end up being the best piece we have. Time to recognize!
Very fair point. Thunder have stock piled draft assets but they also have a nice hit rate. I also didn’t mention Isaiah Joe who you know I love. Thunder could be fun. If they make the right move this summer you could see a Grizz like rise in the standings.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need 1 more piece.

I think it best to wait until next season and try to bring in a disgruntled star who becomes available.

That is assuming they are a fit. Can’t be a Kyrie or Harden type.

I think Mikal Bridges would be awesome, but the price @fightinfunbags is suggesting is just too much.

If that is the price, you need an established star who can lead the team to contender status while also knowing the young core is the future.
@thunderc should be rooting for a Sixers exit in the 2nd round and Joel Embiid wanting to get out. I could see him really liking the culture and atmosphere there and they’re kind of built to play around Embiid/SGA pick and roll. I think Embiid fits the guy you’re talking about. Obviously, I want a different path for the Sixers but they are a step below where the Cs and Bucks are and their path entails beating both of them. I am a Homer and I still give them a 1/8 chance they can pull that off. That one time is Embiid going nuts for a month.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc should be rooting for a Sixers exit in the 2nd round and Joel Embiid wanting to get out. I could see him really liking the culture and atmosphere there and they’re kind of built to play around Embiid/SGA pick and roll. I think Embiid fits the guy you’re talking about. Obviously, I want a different path for the Sixers but they are a step below where the Cs and Bucks are and their path entails beating both of them. I am a Homer and I still give them a 1/8 chance they can pull that off. That one time is Embiid going nuts for a month.
Well yeah no one is saying no to Embiid, that’s a pipe dream though. Small markets have to draft guys like that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Presti will part with that many picks for one guy but we will see. The name I keep hearing around here that might be gettable is PJ Washington. One thing is for certain, a trade is coming, the Thunder can’t pay all of these guys for long. The Thunder letting Dort shoot too much may be hurting his value, but I think most know what he is on defense and that he wouldn’t shoot as much on a better team. This might sound crazy but I think it is possible that Giddey gets moved, he would command a pretty big price.
There’s a lot to unpack with this one. PJ Washington is a tough add in my opinion. You either ask Chet or PJ to play the 5 and they’re both better as a 4. Dort is still super young at 23 and for what he already does he’s a nice price through ages 24-26. That’s a great asset to have. But Chet SGA Giddy…I think you want his ball handling and defense to help round that group out. I think they need to do what it seems to me like you’ve been saying, Presti has the radar up for 24 but he doesn’t NEED to do something. A consolidation is needed though. So many future picks to be made plus usable assets on the roster. You’re gonna get in a numbers crunch and get better assets to leave than what comes back. The piece they need to trade is whatever becomes redundant with what he adds and that will likely be Dort and Giddy. Dort has the contract number that will be needed to make numbers work for the salary you hope the move brings back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a lot to unpack with this one. PJ Washington is a tough add in my opinion. You either ask Chet or PJ to play the 5 and they’re both better as a 4. Dort is still super young at 23 and for what he already does he’s a nice price through ages 24-26. That’s a great asset to have. But Chet SGA Giddy…I think you want his ball handling and defense to help round that group out. I think they need to do what it seems to me like you’ve been saying, Presti has the radar up for 24 but he doesn’t NEED to do something. A consolidation is needed though. So many future picks to be made plus usable assets on the roster. You’re gonna get in a numbers crunch and get better assets to leave than what comes back. The piece they need to trade is whatever becomes redundant with what he adds and that will likely be Dort and Giddy. Dort has the contract number that will be needed to make numbers work for the salary you hope the move brings back.
No question a consolidation trade is coming.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah no one is saying no to Embiid, that’s a pipe dream though. Small markets have to draft guys like that.
Or trade for them. I’m telling you, Embiid is the kind of guy who if he leaves Philly it means he wants Not Philly. The culture and the reputation for OKC would be what he’s looking for. He would embrace being the old head and having SGA to bring a young group along.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would give up a shitload of picks for Lauri.
Jazz have a really nice asset in Lauri. But Chet makes it tough. I think we all agree that asking him to be the 5 for his first year in the NBA coming off of an injury is not putting him in a position to be successful. He could be a 5 later in his career or a guy who can split his minutes 4/5 but not right away. Do you see Lauri as a 3? I think his best guard is against the aggregate of the league’s 4s not 3s. So PJ and Lauri are tough adds based on fit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz have a really nice asset in Lauri. But Chet makes it tough. I think we all agree that asking him to be the 5 for his first year in the NBA coming off of an injury is not putting him in a position to be successful. He could be a 5 later in his career or a guy who can split his minutes 4/5 but not right away. Do you see Lauri as a 3? I think his best guard is against the aggregate of the league’s 4s not 3s. So PJ and Lauri are tough adds based on fit.
Simply not how Presti thinks though. Traditional roles don’t mean much. He wants length, length and more length. We are going to see Chet play a variety of positions.