• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why choose to sit out that game instead of the one against the team missing its best player?
Because:
1. Training staff and medical staff make these decisions
2. He looked off vs the Suns
3. The calf didn’t respond well during morning shoot around the day of the Nuggets game
4. Playing the back to back and sitting the Nuggets game provided the biggest window of rest.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Embiid could have ended the debate.

But he chose not to.
What ends the debate:
1. The last time a center averaged over 30 PPG was ‘82 with Moses Malone. Embiid will now do that two years in a row.
2. The last time a center led the league in scoring was Shaq in 1999. Embiid is about to do that in back to back seasons.
3. MVP has been a toss up the last 3 years. It’s absurd to think the same player wins the toss up 3 years in a row. And on top of that the “loser” has the better team in all 3 of those seasons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep needed to feed into @fightinfunbags narrative
And if he further injures the calf that narrative becomes Embiid cares too much about MVP and not the playoffs. How do I know this? This was your very comment that morning before Embiid shoot around and ruled out in response to the parsed quotes in the Sham article in the tweet you posted.

You say I can’t stop crying and yet every time we do this it becomes more and more apparent that the rules are always in flux, always changing, but with one thing in common…it always seems to diminish Embiid and prop up Jokic. Meanwhile, when the narrative changes to questioning defense and pointing out the West isn’t as strong we get to hear from Mike Malone that the discourse is now “toxic”.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ends the debate:
1. The last time a center averaged over 30 PPG was ‘82 with Moses Malone. Embiid will now do that two years in a row.
2. The last time a center led the league in scoring was Shaq in 1999. Embiid is about to do that in back to back seasons.
3. MVP has been a toss up the last 3 years. It’s absurd to think the same player wins the toss up 3 years in a row. And on top of that the “loser” has the better team in all 3 of those seasons.

When was the last time a center averaged 25, 12 and 10 on 70% true shooting?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ends the debate:

And it hasn’t been a toss up 3 years in a row.

2 years, yes.

Year 1 Embiid missed too many games. Jokic won by default.

And since, his numbers have gotten better every year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because:
1. Training staff and medical staff make these decisions
2. He looked off vs the Suns
3. The calf didn’t respond well during morning shoot around the day of the Nuggets game
4. Playing the back to back and sitting the Nuggets game provided the biggest window of rest.

Yes, I'm sure Embiid had no say in the matter and looking off vs Suns is why he should have sat that game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ends the debate:

Embiid and Joker were in a virtual tie. If he goes out and dominates him this close to the end of the season, that would be remembered.

Now the voters are going to remember that he tapped out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it hasn’t been a toss up 3 years in a row.

2 years, yes.

Year 1 Embiid missed too many games. Jokic won by default.

And since, his numbers have gotten better every year.
The post-Covid year. You're behind on the curve of change. There was no issue with games played now that we live in the age of load management. That was a contrived reason to cheat the man out of the award he earned.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm sure Embiid had no say in the matter and looking off vs Suns is why he should have sat that game.
He does not and he has not. Go ask Doc Rivers. You can see multiple quotes from him on it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Joker were in a virtual tie. If he goes out and dominates him this close to the end of the season, that would be remembered.

Now the voters are going to remember that he tapped out.
He did no such thing. This is an example of the manufactured nonsense narrative for Jokic.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time a center averaged 25, 12 and 10 on 70% true shooting?
How many of the leaders in assists per game get the benefit of 2-3 assists per game from setting a screen on a dribble handoff?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. Explain to me why you overvalue the triple-double.

I don’t.

I raged against it when Russ won MVP because his triple double.

What is astounding is that he does it with remarkable efficiency and in the flow of the game.

Never seen a player like him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the leaders in assists per game get the benefit of 2-3 assists per game from setting a screen on a dribble handoff?

Still stuck on that?

If he wasn’t so amazingly skilled, defenses would guard it differently and the play wouldn’t work.

But the big can’t hedge or Joker will turn it down and drive to the rim and the defending guard gets put in a really bad spot.

Against most normal bigs, you don’t have to deal with the threat of the center shooting or driving from those spots on the court. So more options to defend that action effectively.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still stuck on that?

If he wasn’t so amazingly skilled, defenses would guard it differently and the play wouldn’t work.

But the big can’t hedge or Joker will turn it down and drive to the rim and the defending guard gets put in a really bad spot.

Against most normal bigs, you don’t have to deal with the threat of the center shooting or driving from those spots on the court. So more options to defend that action effectively.
Yes, I am. It is mind-boggling to me that a player can be praised for a statistic that charts about 1 out of every 4 of his assists is essentially a screen. Meanwhile, the "hockey assist" is no stat at all. Embiid passes from the post and the ball moves with one more pass to fight the defensive rotation. Not a stat. Setting a screen on a dribble handoff is a stat. There are tons of centers that can shoot or drive from that spot on the floor.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing I find comical here is the thought that there are people still making up their minds. They both have cases that can be made, by now if you are a voter in your mind you have picked one. In the end it’s 100 percent a style thing and what you prefer. I still say it’s Embiid and voter fatigue is a big part of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing I find comical here is the thought that there are people still making up their minds. They both have cases that can be made, by now if you are a voter in your mind you have picked one. In the end it’s 100 percent a style thing and what you prefer. I still say it’s Embiid and voter fatigue is a big part of it.
Nothing wrong with that.