• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs v. Knicks tonight.

Knicks missing Randle, Cavs missing Allen and Okoro.

Cavs up 4 games on the Knicks. Knicks up 2.5 on the Nets and 4 on the Heat.

Likely first round matchup unless the Cavs win this game, Knicks kinda collapse and Brooklyn gets hot.

I feel good about a series against either NYK or BRK though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today’s episode of how the MVP Race Turns we come to find out that Joel Embiid sitting out a game to manufacture rest as he deals with a soft tissue injury harms his MVP campaign. However, when Jokic sits out to nurse a soft tissue injury it apparently helps his MVP campaign. That makes perfect sense.

I was duped. I thought the man had a legitimate chance to win the award. I was a fool. NBA media will never give this man the credit he has earned. Joel Embiid will also be 2nd team All NBA again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straw poll literally came out yesterday and said embiid is the current mvp but you still find a way to cry nonstop

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straw poll literally came out yesterday and said embiid is the current mvp but you still find a way to cry nonstop

I guess he also forgot that the game Embiid sat out was vs Joker and was after playing against the Suns who were without KD.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he also forgot that the game Embiid sat out was vs Joker after was after playing against the Suns who were without KD.
The last 2 weeks is when teams with seeding secured start resting guys on b2b. Denver resting Murray tonight while Jokic likely plays. Memphis just rested Ja, Bane, and JJJ on a b2b a few days ago

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he also forgot that the game Embiid sat out was vs Joker and was after playing against the Suns who were without KD.
Bwahahaha! That means jack shit. The dude is 5-2 vs him all time and the last time out he went for 47 and 18 against him. In the words of Joel Embiid, the narrative that Embiid was ducking a player that he continually beats and outplays "is just stupid".

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not discussing. I think everyone on here is sick of your daily bitching especially after the most reliable thing for determining the mvp said your man is the leader
So the board gives a fuck about the fact that Kevin Love is washed? We need daily tweets about Love being washed when we all knew that awhile ago?

That straw poll just showed NBA Media how they need to tighten up to screw the guy. It was so close it's rendered now unreliable. I guarantee you that changes up and they screw the guy. You can already see it in the way the narrative has changed.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today’s episode of how the MVP Race Turns we come to find out that Joel Embiid sitting out a game to manufacture rest as he deals with a soft tissue injury harms his MVP campaign. However, when Jokic sits out to nurse a soft tissue injury it apparently helps his MVP campaign. That makes perfect sense.

I was duped. I thought the man had a legitimate chance to win the award. I was a fool. NBA media will never give this man the credit he has earned. Joel Embiid will also be 2nd team All NBA again.

2 pts

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 weeks is when teams with seeding secured start resting guys on b2b. Denver resting Murray tonight while Jokic likely plays. Memphis just rested Ja, Bane, and JJJ on a b2b a few days ago
But that's not applicable to Embiid because in your eyes he should have rested vs Phoenix instead of resting vs the Nuggets which provided the greater rest window. Your plan:
Friday - play
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest
Monday - play
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - play

In your eyes, this is unacceptable:
Friday - play
Saturday - play
Sunday - rest
Monday - rest
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - play

The second scenario provides a greater window for him to rest the soft tissue injury. Regardless, these decisions are made by training and medical staff. If you watched the Suns game you would have seen his lack of explosiveness and him dragging his ass. That also played in the decision-making along with how his calf was responding in the morning shoot around that day. I was away and missed the game Wednesday but from what I read Embiid didn't look like himself that night either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahaha! That means jack shit. The dude is 5-2 vs him all time and the last time out he went for 47 and 18 against him. In the words of Joel Embiid, the narrative that Embiid was ducking a player that he continually beats and outplays "is just stupid".

Then why choose to sit out that game instead of the one against the team missing its best player?