• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready to talk title for them because they won't have HCA in any series. But if they get to the playoffs healthy, no one is going to want to have to play them.

I was joking, lol. I have doubts Bron is gonna get back to be able to contribute at a level to needed to do real damage. But if they make it, they could win a series depending on the match up. Shame they didn't have this team earlier because they really do have enough to be contenders construction wise. Just not enough health or time together right now

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready to talk title for them because they won't have HCA in any series.
...barring any upsets in the playoffs. I'm talking title either, just glad they are looking like they should be competitive if they complete their push to the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joking, lol. I have doubts Bron is gonna get back to be able to contribute at a level to needed to do real damage. But if they make it, they could win a series depending on the match up. Shame they didn't have this team earlier because they really do have enough to be contenders construction wise. Just not enough health or time together right now
Excited to run most of this team back next season and actually have some continuity, Could be tough to bring back some of the summer acquisitions like Walker, Schroder and Brown Jr. if they get interest elsewhere, unless that's where they spend their MLE. Bird rights on virtually everyone else is a nice change.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Lebron. If memory serves, he's supposed to be re-evaluated on March 23rd. If he gets cleared, they'd probably want to give him a week to get ready which would leave about 5-6 games for him to get things figured out with the new guys.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to run most of this team back next season and actually have some continuity, Could be tough to bring back some of the summer acquisitions like Walker, Schroder and Brown Jr. if they get interest elsewhere, unless that's where they spend their MLE. Bird rights on virtually everyone else is a nice change.

Hopefully they are able to bring back at least 2 of the 3. Preferably Schroder and Jr.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're gonna let Walker walk I'm sure of it. They'll probably use the MLE on Schroder or see if they can split it among both he and TBJ. Reaves is gonna be a little tricky though. Due to how they structured his rookie contract, they don't actually have bird rights on him so they're gonna have to eat into cap to re-sign him and given his play, he's probably gonna be around 10 to 12 mil per season

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel continues to make the case....

Right now it's basically his to lose at this point imho....and I think he's finally gonna win the MVP this year.
He more than deserves it....he's earned it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved D-Lo's post game comment when asked about what the team can do...

"Man, get this group with a full training camp and the sky's the limit. That being said, we don't have a training camp under our belt and the sky's still the limit".
AD with an off game and we still win.

LOL

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just tired of watching kids do stupid shit because they see it on TV.

Then people here saying they miss the days when players didn’t shake hands after?

What?

Players almost always shook hands after the game. It was a big deal when they didn’t, like when the Bulls beat the Pistons for the first time.
If I did stupid shit because I saw it on TV with my father would have ripped me off the field or court before the game was over. Kids learn the right way to act from parents and coaches.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel continues to make the case....

Right now it's basically his to lose at this point imho....and I think he's finally gonna win the MVP this year.
He more than deserves it....he's earned it.
Not only are they never going to give him MVP, they won’t even put him on 1st team NBA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Lo:

"Man if we get one training camp under our belt with this group, the sky’s the limit. With that being said, we don’t have a training camp under our belt, and the sky’s still the limit. Our guys are ready, our guys are hungry, and as an organization — *gets interrupted by Austin Reaves grabbing and shaking him in celebration* — these fans are going to get us through a lot of it with their energy. So we’re just ready to compete and ready to return the favor for the organization.”

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need the

Bucks to beat the Warriors

Thunder to beat the Pels

Grizz beat the Mavs

Knicks to beat the Clipps

Hornets to beat the Jazz

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint.

Beas needs to go to the bench and start Reaves with Russell in the backcourt. Beas needs to find his shooting stroke on the 2nd unit. not the starting unit. Has been flaming hot garbage.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, sorry about that. I had my coffee and am a little hyped about the win last night.

I will be better moving forward.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Reddish decided he didn’t want any of this shit haha. I’m not posting this for the Jokic dig, just for the clip.