• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have gone from we are under .500 to us making the Finals now?
Actually, I’m being pretty consistent. I have no respect for the West. It’s a dog shit conference and that’s why it’s wide open. Teams like the Suns/Lakers who have underachieved because of injuries and subpar play early have a chance if they’re healthy because they’re built for the playoffs but most importantly because the top 3 seeds are paper tigers with legitimate holes that will be exposed in playoff basketball. Shit, I wish the Sixers were in the West. They’d definitely kick the 2nd round monkey off the back and would likely make the Finals. The three best teams in basketball are all in the East.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I’m being pretty consistent. I have no respect for the West. It’s a dog shit conference and that’s why it’s wide open. Teams like the Suns/Lakers who have underachieved because of injuries and subpar play early have a chance if they’re healthy because they’re built for the playoffs but most importantly because the top 3 seeds are paper tigers with legitimate holes that will be exposed in playoff basketball. Shit, I wish the Sixers were in the West. They’d definitely kick the 2nd round monkey off the back and would likely make the Finals. The three best teams in basketball are all in the East.
You told me to slow my roll.....LOL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t their job to behave like decent human beings while competing?

It absolutely is.
Who says that flexing after a dunk, or doing a bow and arrow thing after a three, or mean mugging an opponent is not “behaving like a decent human being”? It’s poor sportsmanship when it becomes taunting but how does that translate to the integrity and decency of a human being? Good lord…you sound like a Puritan. Are your kids allowed to dance or show their necks in public?!?!?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says that flexing after a dunk, or doing a bow and arrow thing after a three, or mean mugging an opponent is not “behaving like a decent human being”? It’s poor sportsmanship when it becomes taunting but how does that translate to the integrity and decency of a human being? Good lord…you sound like a Puritan. Are your kids allowed to dance or show their necks in public?!?!?

I am not even talking about that. You are jumping in way late and moving the goal posts. I have zero issue with celebrations.

This was about shaking hands after the game.

Somebody made a comment about opposing players today hugging and high fiving after the game like it is a bad thing. They were implying players were supposed to hate each other because they are on rival teams.

That is what this conversation is about.

Sports are supposed to bring people together.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even talking about that. You are jumping in way late and moving the goal posts. I have zero issue with celebrations.

This was about shaking hands after the game.

Somebody made a comment about opposing players today hugging and high fiving after the game like it is a bad thing. They were implying players were supposed to hate each other because they are on rival teams.

That is what this conversation is about.
How does any of that translate to a lack of decency?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife left to get her hair braided.

Deeej home alone for the next 3-4 hours.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck Carmelo do to this punk?

I really dislike him, man.

I actually think I get his point

They don’t need guys hanging on trying to shoot and score their way back into the league

They need a vet who is happy to be the sage bench guy

Funny thing? They just traded the perfect guy for that role in Danny green