• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, he doesn't have much impact on winning as well but to act like the clips are losing because of him is a bit ridiculous

It isn’t Russ’ fault.

But his play style just doesn’t fit with other good players.

So the end result is a seemingly negative impact on team success even when the stat line looks good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose to the kings by 1 pt 2x and lose to denver in ot.

Difference between going 4-2 in the same stretch instead of 1-5

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks have the 2nd best road record in NBA..

2nd to the Celtics. Who the Knicks have now beatin 3/4 this year..

And there are “people who know the game” still believe the Knicks have a challenged roster, owned by the worst owner in all major sports have no shot whatsoever.
Reg season is different than a 7 game playoff series.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already did this with Thibs and the Knicks. During the regular season, they ramp up defensive intensity when others don’t. They run their offense against teams that aren’t committed to regular season defense. Now things change in the playoffs. The Knicks will struggle to run half court offense successfully when the opponent gets dialed in. The Knicks don’t have a next level defense because they’ve been playing that all year.

Knicks first round opponent in 5…again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t give a shit if horford hit 10 3’s in a row

Tatum is the guy who takes that shot
Even if it’s 5 on 1…Jason, you better take the shot bc you are the guy!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on ^
I hope you realize ( and I trust you do ) that pasta, is basically merely just an outlier in comparison to the vast majority of knowledgeable NY Knicks fans...and also with regard to all other savvy fans of basketball as well, either in here or elsewhere.

That said....I'm glad Horford missed....but I'm also glad Tatum didn't take that shot...because he has a knack for making tough shots and for getting to the FT line.

I'm happy the Knicks won...they were lucky to escape with the W in a hostile place and in double OT no less.
F n hysterical…

‘ because he has a knack for making tough shots

In your own words you made exactly my point .

While horford hit the shot when there was less pressure, Tatum is known to hit that game winning shot, CONTESTED! Which he has done time and again as you stated.

That call/ play. And WTF Is an “concept play” was decided by an inexperienced coach.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is…

Just listen to what all the experts who are now calling the Knicks for real..

Are they winning it all this year. NO

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already did this with Thibs and the Knicks. During the regular season, they ramp up defensive intensity when others don’t. They run their offense against teams that aren’t committed to regular season defense. Now things change in the playoffs. The Knicks will struggle to run half court offense successfully when the opponent gets dialed in. The Knicks don’t have a next level defense because they’ve been playing that all year.

Knicks first round opponent in 5…again.
That wasn’t a playoff atmosphere last night?

Celtic fans sure acted like it.

Brunson being out, season coming down to the wire. Celtics healthy, trying to keep the top spot vs bucks.. that’s not on the celts players mind?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn’t a playoff atmosphere last night?

Celtic fans sure acted like it.

Brunson being out, season coming down to the wire. Celtics healthy, trying to keep the top spot vs bucks.. that’s not on the celts players mind?
Has nothing to do with what I said. Stop quoting my posts. You haven’t earned the right to talk sports with me. You’re a dope.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F n hysterical…

‘ because he has a knack for making tough shots

In your own words you made exactly my point .

While horford hit the shot when there was less pressure, Tatum is known to hit that game winning shot, CONTESTED! Which he has done time and again as you stated.

That call/ play. And WTF Is an “concept play” was decided by an inexperienced coach.

First of all, Horford has a history of hitting tough shots in clutch situations. It's why teams still want him even though he's 175 years old.

The job of the star player is to make sure the best play/shot is taken. Often, that is the star player taking the tough shot.

However, sometimes it's the best player passing to a teammate for an open shot that he knows that player can make.

MJ with Paxson and Kerr. Kobe with Robert Horry and Metta World Peace. I remember Bird passing to Ainge or Dennis Johnson, Magic to Byron Scott. Heck, Lebron let a young Kyrie Irving take and make what was arguably the biggest shot in Cleveland Cavaliers history.

In those situations, you put the ball in your best players hands and trust him to make the right play and live with the result, even if it means someone else taking the shot.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, Horford has a history of hitting tough shots in clutch situations. It's why teams still want him even though he's 175 years old.

The job of the star player is to make sure the best play/shot is taken. Often, that is the star player taking the tough shot.

However, sometimes it's the best player passing to a teammate for an open shot that he knows that player can make.

MJ with Paxson and Kerr. Kobe with Robert Horry and Metta World Peace. I remember Bird passing to Ainge or Dennis Johnson, Magic to Byron Scott. Heck, Lebron let a young Kyrie Irving take and make what was arguably the biggest shot in Cleveland Cavaliers history.

In those situations, you put the ball in your best players hands and trust him to make the right play and live with the result, even if it means someone else taking the shot.
I agree with you 100%

However, the ball WAS in the hands of top 5 most clutch players in the game.

You know Dam well if that was game 7 it was Tatum who was shootin

The inexperienced coach is now experienced, and he’ll never do that again. Guaranteed

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was absolutely the right play to pass to a wide open Horford. Its not even debate worthy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100%

However, the ball WAS in the hands of top 5 most clutch players in the game.

You know Dam well if that was game 7 it was Tatum who was shootin

The inexperienced coach is now experienced, and he’ll never do that again. Guaranteed
Is the coach going to run on the court or what? Tatum makes that decision in the spur of the moment, period.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was absolutely the right play to pass to a wide open Horford. Its not even debate worthy.
He doesn’t even understand the nature of a basketball play which always has multiple options with where to go with the ball based on the decisions the defense makes. He thinks it’s predetermined who is going to take the shot. The only way that applies is off of a catch and shoot play working against the clock.