• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now the Cavs are a 2nd tier team. They are not elite. That may be obvious but it needs to be said.

Celtics and Milwaukee are the best- then a slight slight drop off to the Sixers- then another tier to the Cavs. Cavs are not a top level team right now.

They can get there- I think they will get there sometime in the next year- but not right now.

They need a wing that can shoot a 3.
My Knicks are a 2 1/2 tier team..

Let’s hope both Knicks and cavs make up their differences in weaknesses they posses with the strength of defense vs their opponents in PS.

At least they’ll make it interesting

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get a better wing....Ham might finally give up the Brown experiment. Somebody like Barton is a better option than Brown. Brown has played well but Barton is an upgrade.

I don't see that happening. Maybe an upgrade is found via MLE for next season, but they've already got Lebron, Beasley, Reaves, Brown, Walker, Reed and Christie to fill the 2/3 roles.

2 PGs, 7 SG/SF, 3 PF, 2 C - holes are at PG and C. AD is a real threat to miss games at the drop of a hat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that happening. Maybe an upgrade is found via MLE for next season, but they've already got Lebron, Beasley, Reaves, Brown, Walker, Reed and Christie to fill the 2/3 roles.

2 PGs, 7 SG/SF, 3 PF, 2 C - holes are at PG and C. AD is a real threat to miss games at the drop of a hat.

If need be, Pippen and Swider are available as 2 way players as well for the backcourt. I want another C with that 15th spot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened there? Was just casually following the score on my ESPN app. Didn’t see that thing going to OT. Saw Smart got a ticky tack Tech for shit that players do every night and it gets ignored. NBA officials have it out for certain guys with quick Ts. It seems like Marcus is in that group. Big one on Saturday night. Celtics 2-0 vs the Sixers this year. Sixers need to have a great showing or Celtics are firmly in their head should they meet in a series.

Smart gotta ticky tack T for flexing at T. Haliburton. But what was weird was a couple posessions before Marcus got T'd up Haliburton flexed at Marcus first and nothing was called.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart gotta ticky tack T for flexing at T. Haliburton. But what was weird was a couple possessions before Marcus got T'd up Haliburton flexed at Marcus first and nothing was called.

Reputation counts in the NBA. Did both flex directly at the other player? Sometimes you can get away with that by flexing at the crowd instead...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Harlan the most over-amped play by play guy in America?
I’m in class so I can’t “listen” to the tweet yet but I would go with Gus Johnson. Dude could make the process of finding a parking spot become the most exciting thing humanity has ever seen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart gotta ticky tack T for flexing at T. Haliburton. But what was weird was a couple posessions before Marcus got T'd up Haliburton flexed at Marcus first and nothing was called.
Sounds on brand for NBA officiating.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reputation counts in the NBA. Did both flex directly at the other player? Sometimes you can get away with that by flexing at the crowd instead...

Yep. Haliburton flexed first and nothing. Marcus does the same thing and got T'd up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobley with 31 on 12-19 shooting last night working on the number one bullet on the scouting report, the soon to be 3 time MVP.
Yeah but if not for Joker the Cavs blowout the Nuggets. You just can't have nights were Garland Mitchell struggle. The silver lining is Mobley stepped up and played great and the Cavs had a chance to win despite those two guys struggling and shooting 20% from 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened there? Was just casually following the score on my ESPN app. Didn’t see that thing going to OT. Saw Smart got a ticky tack Tech for shit that players do every night and it gets ignored. NBA officials have it out for certain guys with quick Ts. It seems like Marcus is in that group. Big one on Saturday night. Celtics 2-0 vs the Sixers this year. Sixers need to have a great showing or Celtics are firmly in their head should they meet in a series.
And yet Draymond gets to bitch to the refs half the game before getting T's and he still has a ton for the year. They definitely have a quick trigger for some and others get the benefit of the doubt. Not fair.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if not for Joker the Cavs blowout the Nuggets. You just can't have nights were Garland Mitchell struggle. The silver lining is Mobley stepped up and played great and the Cavs had a chance to win despite those two guys struggling and shooting 20% from 3.
Yep. Make or miss league. Nuggets hit a ridiculous percentage and Cavs were just the opposite. If they were just “poor” from 3 last night and not “God awful” they likely win.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Make or miss league. Nuggets hit a ridiculous percentage and Cavs were just the opposite. If they were just “poor” from 3 last night and not “God awful” they likely win.

What was the deal with Okoro? 1 shot attempt in 20 minutes?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't count on AD being available for every game is the problem. If he's out, Bamba can only handle maybe a 3rd of the game? Forces the Lakers to go small otherwise.

You need to count on that though.

Because Lakers are done if AD isn’t on the court in the playoffs.

And I don’t think signing a Jay Huff for 2-3 games he sits is worthwhile.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impressive part of last nights Lakers win over GS is the fact that a month ago this is exactly the type of game the Lakers would have lost.

Lebron and AD both had off nights and the others stepped up big time as a team.

If Westbrook would have still been here he would have tried to play hero ball and probably fuck up everything. Instead they got TEAM basketball and it made all the difference.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just didn't make sense that one got T'd up and the other didn't. And when Marcus got T'd up he just started laughing. Surprised he didn't get kicked out for that.
It does make sense.

It’s called bias.

It wasn’t like Smart was standing over him striking a pose.

That was just a trash tech, unless you call it both ways.

They did not.