• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJJ’s block of Embiid was pretty tough as well. Some elite rim protection was on display last night. Love that shit.

I'm a big fan of shot blockers. But I missed that play in live time. Only caught some of the 76ers game because of my Celtics game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bamba's proclivity for fouling, Lakers need to use that last roster spot on a big IMO. Jay Huff, come on down...
How many minutes do they need to use him? If he’s only getting 10-15 minutes of run he can be as aggressive as all Fuck and still be ok with 6 fouls. If they need him for 25+ then I agree with you. Personally, I understand maximizing what AD does by using him at the 4 but (especially as benches get shorter come playoff time- and let’s face it the Lakers should already be in playoff mode) why not use him for 4-6 minutes as the 5?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,580.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Stat Muse…..

I would sometimes only post 1 or 2 of their tweets after games to highlight a specific player’s performance, or if a milestone or other record had been reached or broken.

I guess I might have been making up for lost time after that weeklong downtime during the all star break by posting more of them last night than I usually do.

:lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many minutes do they need to use him? If he’s only getting 10-15 minutes of run he can be as aggressive as all Fuck and still be ok with 6 fouls. If they need him for 25+ then I agree with you. Personally, I understand maximizing what AD does by using him at the 4 but (especially as benches get shorter come playoff time- and let’s face it the Lakers should already be in playoff mode) why not use him for 4-6 minutes as the 5?

Can't count on AD being available for every game is the problem. If he's out, Bamba can only handle maybe a 3rd of the game? Forces the Lakers to go small otherwise.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of shot blockers. But I missed that play in live time. Only caught some of the 76ers game because of my Celtics game.
What happened there? Was just casually following the score on my ESPN app. Didn’t see that thing going to OT. Saw Smart got a ticky tack Tech for shit that players do every night and it gets ignored. NBA officials have it out for certain guys with quick Ts. It seems like Marcus is in that group. Big one on Saturday night. Celtics 2-0 vs the Sixers this year. Sixers need to have a great showing or Celtics are firmly in their head should they meet in a series.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The encouraging thing was that they beat the Warriors the way they should with Steph and Wiggins out. Like the announcers pointed out last night, the Lakers from before the trade would have struggled to win that game and would have needed a lot more minutes from Lebron and AD.
The Lakers before the trade would have been blown out in the 3rd.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bamba's proclivity for fouling, Lakers need to use that last roster spot on a big IMO. Jay Huff, come on down...
Nah, another wing IMO.

AD, Bamba, and even Gabriel can be the 3rd string small ball C. Vanderbilt too if we get in foul trouble.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now the Cavs are a 2nd tier team. They are not elite. That may be obvious but it needs to be said.

Celtics and Milwaukee are the best- then a slight slight drop off to the Sixers- then another tier to the Cavs. Cavs are not a top level team right now.

They can get there- I think they will get there sometime in the next year- but not right now.

They need a wing that can shoot a 3.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now the Cavs are a 2nd tier team. They are not elite. That may be obvious but it needs to be said.

Celtics and Milwaukee are the best- then a slight slight drop off to the Sixers- then another tier to the Cavs. Cavs are not a top level team right now.

They can get there- I think they will get there sometime in the next year- but not right now.

They need a wing that can shoot a 3.
At the same time, they’re right on schedule. It’s unrealistic to expect a young core like this to be ready to win now. You still have important pieces that need to play in their first series like Garland and Mobley. Allen Mitchell etc…you could also argue they need further “seasoning” as playoff performers. Mitchell has had success getting his come playoff time. His goal is evolving as the kind of star that can bring the rest of the group with him and make them better.

I’ll revisit what I said this summer. I’d rather swap the Cavs future for the future of my own franchise right now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, another wing IMO.

AD, Bamba, and even Gabriel can be the 3rd string small ball C. Vanderbilt too if we get in foul trouble.

When is this wing going to get minutes? As it is, Walker and Reed only get on the court in garbage time.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is this wing going to get minutes? As it is, Walker and Reed only get on the court in garbage time.
If they get a better wing....Ham might finally give up the Brown experiment. Somebody like Barton is a better option than Brown. Brown has played well but Barton is an upgrade.