• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's as simple as he's just not listening, it would seem that teams would just stop playing him.

Because up until now teams have had too much invested to simply bench him.

And up until his stint with the Lakers, he was still a positive producer despite the warts.

Scott Brooks was the one who cold have really gotten through. He gave Russ too long a leash and created a monster.

There is simply no way Lakers coaches didn’t talk to him about his efficiency and decision making.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expected that win last night.

Beasley came through with a big game and we needed that with James having 1 of his poorest games of the season. Made 53% of our treys as a team.

Hopefully Russell's ankle injury is pretty minor.....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the East is brutal. Sixers have been 7-3 in their last 10 and they’ve lost ground in the standings to the Bucks and Celtics.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the East is brutal. Sixers have been 7-3 in their last 10 and they’ve lost ground in the standings to the Bucks and Celtics.
Embiid struggled last night offensively but was absolutely sick on the defensive end.

Elite rim protection. And the boards.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid struggled last night offensively but was absolutely sick on the defensive end.

Elite rim protection. And the boards.
That’s the difference between him and Joker. If on a rare night he doesn’t have his efficient 30+ he can impact the game at the other end. After they slept walked through the 1Q giving up 37 they gave up 22,22,24 the rest of the game. I have to praise the 2nd unit for changing the defensive intensity of the Sixers again. Often Doc goes to a zone when these guys come into the game. It slows down the other offense because they have to adjust their stuff from man shit to zone shit and they get out in passing lanes and get some turnovers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the difference between him and Joker. If on a rare night he doesn’t have his efficient 30+ he can impact the game at the other end. After they slept walked through the 1Q giving up 37 they gave up 22,22,24 the rest of the game. I have to praise the 2nd unit for changing the defensive intensity of the Sixers again. Often Doc goes to a zone when these guys come into the game. It slows down the other offense because they have to adjust their stuff from man shit to zone shit and they get out in passing lanes and get some turnovers.
I agree.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joker has an off shooting night, he can continue to set the table for everyone else.

But, he isn’t shutting anyone down defensively.

Embiid looked under the weather.

Didnt stop him from being an absolute MENACE on the defensive end.

Impressive ass win after that super ass-y start.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans have to be ECSTATIC.

They made great moves.

Not enough time to get out of the playin.

But, whatever top 2 team that gets them in the first round is in jeopardy.

It was weird watching the game last night. Their margin for error has changed. I was still getting antsy about the mistakes they were making (being too careless with the ball and allowing offensive rebounds mostly), but they really didn't endanger the outcome much (other than the run at the end of the 2nd). Of course, the Warriors were very limited and not the best gauge, but any port in a storm...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans have to be ECSTATIC.

They made great moves.

Not enough time to get out of the playin.

But, whatever top 2 team that gets them in the first round is in jeopardy.
As long as they can keep it up anyway...

Guess we'll all know soon enough...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joker has an off shooting night, he can continue to set the table for everyone else.

But, he isn’t shutting anyone down defensively.

Embiid looked under the weather.

Didnt stop him from being an absolute MENACE on the defensive end.

Impressive ass win after that super ass-y start.
They’re just doing enough to get me emotionally invested so it hurts more when they fuck it up. I wonder what Embiid malady I will catch this year? I’ve already seen a PCL strain, 2 playoffs with a mask for a broken face, a fucked up finger on his shooting hand. A broken face again would be a hat trick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m gonna be that guy. I saw James Harden sell out on the defensive end to dive and get on the floor for a loose ball that became an assist to Embiid for an uncontested dunk to put them up 3. This was the type of play I was told James Harden would never make. I’ve been saying all year long that this Harden is different.

So you're gonna be like Wiggy telling us all about that 1 time when Kevin Love played defense.

You gonna post video of it too?:heh:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're gonna be like Wiggy telling us all about that 1 time when Kevin Love played defense.

You gonna post video of it too?:heh:
With the standard that’s been set, I only really need the one play. I was told he would never be that guy who would sacrifice for the team. I can also cite him taking less money to round out the bench. Him giving up shots, his stats, his 10 year run of All Star games…etc… Dude is doing the things people said he wasn’t programmed to do in the name of the team and competing for a title. They’re not likely to win it all. Bucks and Celtics are still better. At the same time, it’s not likely to be because of Harden’s commitment that the Sixers will fall short this year. Dude has been all in since last season ended vs the Heat.