• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the process was the failure

It was the next step to actually follow up on the asset accumulation

And don’t forget even the misses mostly we’re turned into hits (mcw traded for a future first, fultz traded for maxey etc)

Okafor was the big miss
The league forced brian coangelo on the sixers to ruin it. His dad and adam silver are weasely little snakes and snakey little weasels.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with you, but something I haven’t seen mentioned here is that PG had by far his best year playing with Russ. It’s not close.

PG has to share the pie more in LA (notably with Leonard when healthy). His shots were up in OKC, but most of the other numbers are pretty close to his career averages.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is why the fit with the Lakers was so horrendous.

He didn’t fit as a starter with LeBron.

And he was terrible closing games.

Which puts his optimal role between 15-20 minutes which was never going to fly.

Because Kawhi and PG are less ball dominant, I think maybe the Clippers can start Russ, still use him as a second unit anchor by staggering minutes and have him off the floor in crunch time while still getting 25-30 minutes out of him.

Not saying it will work, but it has a much better chance than it did with the Lakers.

This sounds a lot like just a slightly different version of when folks were trying to find a way that Russ with the Lakers could somehow work. There's a reason that he's been on 5 teams in 5 years.

PG and Kawhi being less ball dominant means Russ having the ball more. That's not a good thing because it means he's making more decisions on the court and he has a low basketball IQ.

His inefficiency is a problem too. More minutes seems unlikely to fix that. He's always been inefficient, so that in and of itself isn't necessarily bad (Kobe was inefficient) but he has become historically inefficient. His 66% free throw shooting means that even his penchant for drawing fouls isn't much help either.

If he at least used that energy and athleticism on the defensive end, teams could lean on that. But he doesn't.

Not gonna say it can't work and given how things went with the Lakers, I expect he'll be motivated to try to make it work. The problem is, throughout his career, his idea of making it work has been more of "Russ being Russ".

Unless that has somehow changed in the last week or so, I don't see where this has much chance of working.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds a lot like just a slightly different version of when folks were trying to find a way that Russ with the Lakers could somehow work. There's a reason that he's been on 5 teams in 5 years.

PG and Kawhi being less ball dominant means Russ having the ball more. That's not a good thing because it means he's making more decisions on the court and he has a low basketball IQ.

His inefficiency is a problem too. More minutes seems unlikely to fix that. He's always been inefficient, so that in and of itself isn't necessarily bad (Kobe was inefficient) but he has become historically inefficient. His 66% free throw shooting means that even his penchant for drawing fouls isn't much help either.

If he at least used that energy and athleticism on the defensive end, teams could lean on that. But he doesn't.

Not gonna say it can't work and given how things went with the Lakers, I expect he'll be motivated to try to make it work. The problem is, throughout his career, his idea of making it work has been more of "Russ being Russ".

Unless that has somehow changed in the last week or so, I don't see where this has much chance of working.

Even during his good games, he was maddening to endure and you're just waiting for the next brain fart. I would've been fine with buying him out honestly, as watching him was too stressful.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even during his good games, he was maddening to endure and you're just waiting for the next brain fart. I would've been fine with buying him out honestly, as watching him was too stressful.

Yep. When he was playing well, you were just waiting for the other shoe to drop and it almost always did...usually at the worst possible time.

There were at least 4 games when AD was out that the Lakers likely would have won if Westbrook didn't screw it up at the end of the game.

Considering the Lakers were basically .500 during that time, those wins could have been huge. Although, that may have also encouraged them to keep him...so maybe it was for the best. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a better chance of it working on the Clipps more so than the Lakers for the reasons mentioned.

That's a lot like saying you have a better chance at winning the lottery if you buy 2 tickets instead of one. It's true, but how much have your odds really increased?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot like saying you have a better chance at winning the lottery if you buy 2 tickets instead of one. It's true, but how much have your odds really increased?

They won't be heavily invested, so they could cut bait if he proves problematic.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say the best word for the Sixers is “thirsty”. They absolutely need to make a run with this group because the cliff is not only on the radar, it’s quickly approaching. This may be last chance for Glenn Rivers, James Harden and even Joel Embiid in a Sixers uniform. If it doesn’t work out soon, then the Process is clearly and unequivocally a failure.
Agree with all those but I think Embiid is staying for the foreseeable future. Only way he doesn't if he is traded for a full rebuild, even with failure this year I still think Harden and Embiid would run it back one more time together. Harris would be flipped in the offseason or next season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3