• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SAN FRANCISCO -- Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry said Monday that there is no target date for him to return from his left lower leg injury that has held him out since Feb. 4.

The team plans to reevaluate Curry after the All-Star break, but Curry said he will miss the Warriors' first game out of the break against the Los Angeles Lakers on Feb. 23, and likely a few more after that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamarcus Aldridge working out with the Mavs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up Schroeder on a fantasy team, he is looking solid post trade.
200w.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I tell yall? Ham is dropping everything and Dame is shooting 3s like they're layups. This man is not smart

Lakers lack a defensive stopper in the backcourt. Need to give Reed a chance out there and consider someone like Kris Dunn for that 15th spot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a must win for the Lakers and with the state of Portland's roster with injuries and trades, a very winnable game. Darvin Ham completely pissed it away with dumbass strategy right from the jump.

Not sure a strategy exists when Dame is lights out, barring the Tonya Harding method.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami need to get healthy fast.

Not going to win a lot of games when the only guards you have are Vincent/ Straus/10 day contract kid

Herro and Oladipo/Lowry need to comeback asap

Which is why using Duncan strus jovic and trying to squeeze them into something that might help now was the path

If dipo opts out the heat will be in a fascinating position this offseason

I’m assuming the plan would be to pay the tax next year after resetting this year?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Lakers waited too long.

Dude was fine until he broke the record.

Let me be clear here….

Lebron don’t cheat the game.

If he isn’t playing, I believe it’s because something is wrong with him.

He was probably having issues all along.

But, once the adrenaline wore off , Dude just got hit with all the little nagging stuff all at once.

Still, if he can do THAT….

He should have played because they are in a tight ass spot.

Just happens to be something that doesn't show up on imaging, which smells a little like fish...

I've been saying for a few years now that Lebron needs to lean out and drop weight, take it easy on those joints as you age.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happens to be something that doesn't show up on imaging, which smells a little like fish...

I've been saying for a few years now that Lebron needs to lean out and drop weight, take it easy on those joints as you age.
Or maybe Ham shouldn’t be playing him 40 mins a night. He shouldn’t have to suffer on a bad roster and playing that many minutes just to win games or still lose. Nobody ever is playing this kind of minutes at his age. Gotta expect his body will need stretches to take off games at this point

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why using Duncan strus jovic and trying to squeeze them into something that might help now was the path

If dipo opts out the heat will be in a fascinating position this offseason

I’m assuming the plan would be to pay the tax next year after resetting this year?
Heat did the right thing punting. They need too much. There was no move (outside of KD and Nets only called Phoenix) that would have gotten them to a level where they beat the Bucks and the Celtics in a 7 game series.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Ham shouldn’t be playing him 40 mins a night. He shouldn’t have to suffer on a bad roster and playing that many minutes just to win games or still lose. Nobody ever is playing this kind of minutes at his age. Gotta expect his body will need stretches to take off games at this point
Lebron was going to get that record, now he has it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Kyrie/Luka end of game situation was a disaster

Way too unselfish with each other

Same thing that happened with Lebron and D-Wade the first year in Miami.

It will be interesting to see if Luka and Kyrie can figure out how to make it work like they did.

Last edited:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda tough given his 4 year 107M contract
Agree…

Last night tho, the home crowd, fallin in love with Hart, Breen commented durin game that Hart would be gettin more time, and he said it was Barrets time he would be gettin.

they were Crakin on Barret often, he even walked off court directly to locker room with no apparent injury late in game .

‘ Barret had a bad game , but he usually bounces back…yes he has but havin a 30 pt game in between 5 bad ones is going to hold this team back from going deep if they get in.

Not being delusional here, the East is all F’ed up now, and if they get Robinson back healthy, it could get interesting.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat did the right thing punting. They need too much. There was no move (outside of KD and Nets only called Phoenix) that would have gotten them to a level where they beat the Bucks and the Celtics in a 7 game series.

I don’t disagree.

They’re still in a tight spot

But much like the lakers trading those guys in the way of getting bird rights ahead of fa might’ve been the way

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree.

They’re still in a tight spot

But much like the lakers trading those guys in the way of getting bird rights ahead of fa might’ve been the way
The Heat need to move Butler and start over around Bam. That group had their window in the bubble and it’s over now. Lowry in hindsight was a bad move. They even got lucky on Oladipo coming back and it still wasn’t enough to make them a legit contender. They’re NBA kryptonite right now…good enough to avoid the lottery where they could rewrite the script but not good enough to truly be a contender.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t blame it on lack of personnel.

I will give him 5 games after Lebron returns before I start talking mad shit.

He is a rookie coach.

But, the Season is almost done.

Can’t take 10 games to get his rotations set.

You are running out of time.

Meh, for the rest of this season, whatever happens, happens.

If they make a run and make the playoffs...great.

If they don't, they can start working on next season.

They've improved the roster and will have some assets and maybe a little bit of cap space to try to improve it a little more in the off-season.

As for "wasting another year of Lebron" that folks like to claim...too fucking bad. He shouldn't have undermined the trade that Rob had set up to get Westbrook and he shouldn't be sitting out games right now.

I commented when he sat out the 1st game that if it were a playoff game, he'd have played. Well, for the Lakers, if they want to get in, the playoffs need to have started.

They said last night that he may play tomorrow...we'll see.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat need to move Butler and start over around Bam. That group had their window in the bubble and it’s over now. Lowry in hindsight was a bad move. They even got lucky on Oladipo coming back and it still wasn’t enough to make them a legit contender. They’re NBA kryptonite right now…good enough to avoid the lottery where they could rewrite the script but not good enough to truly be a contender.

Ironically the sixers with Harris contract are a solid match