• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is if the Embiid/Harden group yet again can’t get to at least an ECF. How many more times do you need to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result? You can’t wait too long to deal an asset or it will be seriously diminished. Look at the Nets. They didn’t close to value for Harden, Kyrie, or KD. That’s three deals where they took less on a diminished asset.
None of that matters, he won’t be traded unless he demands a trade. Trading legit superstars gets you fired, period. It doesn’t matter if it ends up possibly being the best thing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that matters, he won’t be traded unless he demands a trade. Trading legit superstars gets you fired, period. It doesn’t matter if it ends up possibly being the best thing.
If the Sixers don’t get out of round 2 this year I want Morey fired anyway and another GM making that deal. I want Doc shit canned as well. I have no idea what they’ll do (other than frustrate me and piss me off, that’s a given). I’m talking about what I would do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think Ham has control over how many minutes Lebron plays?
Overall no bc the roster had zero depth so he wasn't left with many choices but you have to expect him to sit games playing that many minutes. Exactly why I thought they waited too long to make moves. The moves were fine for now and in the future but they should have been made earlier.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is. He’s under contract for the next 3 years with a player option in year 4. 1 All Star caliber player. 2 role players. 4 firsts which would likely be 20 or later seems about right.

I think RWIII is viewed a bit higher than role player in Boston. Do most teams have 4 firsts available at any given time?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RWIII is viewed a bit higher than role player in Boston. Do most teams have 4 firsts available at any given time?
Not sure. Q would know. He’s a steel trap of which franchises have what draft assets. RWIII is a really solid role player but a role player all the same.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall no bc the roster had zero depth so he wasn't left with many choices but you have to expect him to sit games playing that many minutes. Exactly why I thought they waited too long to make moves. The moves were fine for now and in the future but they should have been made earlier.

Those same moves are more expensive if made sooner, or possibly unavailable. There was no reason for Ainge to move his assets early, barring extreme overpay.

Sitting games is one thing, but starting immediately after your spotlight moment and showing up at the Super Bowl and most likely participating in All Star weekend are all bad looks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Q would know. He’s a steel trap of which franchises have what draft assets. RWIII is a really solid role player but a role player all the same.

Celtics don't have their 2023 (to Pacers in the Brogdon trade, top 12 protected), so they wouldn't have 4 available this offseason. Their 2028 pick has a Spurs pick swap attached.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics don't have their 2023 (to Pacers in the Brogdon trade, top 12 protected), so they wouldn't have 4 available this offseason. Their 2028 pick has a Spurs pick swap attached.

yeah it would have to be this summer, but then again grant is an rfa.

Plus yes 2028 would be the lesser of them and the spurs pick.

so realistically the soonest it would be would be around that december 15 2023 date.

and if it's a match, then they're locked out (like the Suns with Ayton) until next summer (unless grant consents to a deal).

so it would be very very difficult.....

...but not impossible.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is if the Embiid/Harden group yet again can’t get to at least an ECF. How many more times do you need to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result? You can’t wait too long to deal an asset or it will be seriously diminished. Look at the Nets. They didn’t close to value for Harden, Kyrie, or KD. That’s three deals where they took less on a diminished asset.
I'd say they did OK with KD. Bridges is really good and the latter 2 first rounders could certainly turn into really high picks.

I could even see the Irving deal turning into one like the Harden deal for the Nets.....they just went for name over fit.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, for the rest of this season, whatever happens, happens.

If they make a run and make the playoffs...great.

If they don't, they can start working on next season.

They've improved the roster and will have some assets and maybe a little bit of cap space to try to improve it a little more in the off-season.

As for "wasting another year of Lebron" that folks like to claim...too fucking bad. He shouldn't have undermined the trade that Rob had set up to get Westbrook and he shouldn't be sitting out games right now.

I commented when he sat out the 1st game that if it were a playoff game, he'd have played. Well, for the Lakers, if they want to get in, the playoffs need to have started.

They said last night that he may play tomorrow...we'll see.
Sure, as long as the cost saving rumors are false.

If not?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics gonna have some guys out... but they might have a ton of guys out...

... all of Tatum, RWIII, Grant Williams and Brogdon are game-time decisions.

Smart and Brown will definitely be out, of course.
7 guys it looks like possibly.....The smart bet is Milwaukee -9.

Watch the Celtics cover.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is. He’s under contract for the next 3 years with a player option in year 4. 1 All Star caliber player. 2 role players. 4 firsts which would likely be 20 or later seems about right.
Thybulle hit 4 treys last night.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 guys it looks like possibly.....The smart bet is Milwaukee -9.

Watch the Celtics cover.
It won't be the C's covering.....although it could very well be the refs that will.....lol/smh.
And I'm being seriously pessimistic here.

Bucks are going for their 11th straight, and should win it by double digits, especially at home....but we shall see.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 pt contest was leaked

Tatum
Huerter
Herro
Haliburton
Hield
Lillard
Simons
Markanen

That’s some bs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those same moves are more expensive if made sooner, or possibly unavailable. There was no reason for Ainge to move his assets early, barring extreme overpay.

Sitting games is one thing, but starting immediately after your spotlight moment and showing up at the Super Bowl and most likely participating in All Star weekend are all bad looks.
The Lakers waste another season. I mean I'm not over here complaining

Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020