• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and the NFL Draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of Bill's problem is that he's always had his starter in place until 2020. Bledsoe then Brady. End of tory until last year. "I" think once he signed Cam, he wanted to see if he made the right choice. Then it becomes Catch-22. Cam picked the absolute worst game to come down with Covid or actually the best game for him. Hoyer started that KC game and just did a Hoover Vac job. Then Stidham comes in to a total mess and can't find his way. Hardly a soul mentions Hoyer but Stidham for some reason stands out. The question remains, How would Cam have done if he had started that game? Would it have been another Seattle/Buffalo game where he blew it at the end and the pats were in it until then> Or would he have pulled a miracle like the Ravens games and set the Chiefs back a bit? If, If, If............................

I hope Stidham gets a fair chance too.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would you pick at Atlanta position and why would he be worth that pick?
Well it would depend on what value I had on the top four QBs. If I value them high enough and they were available I make the trade. But only for a QB. I'm not trading that much for any other position.
So I'm making the assumption one of the top QBs is worth it. I'd personally do it for anyone of the top four. But I don't have the luxury of a staff to evaluate those four.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would depend on what value I had on the top four QBs. If I value them high enough and they were available I make the trade. But only for a QB. I'm not trading that much for any other position.
So I'm making the assumption one of the top QBs is worth it. I'd personally do it for anyone of the top four. But I don't have the luxury of a staff to evaluate those four.
To be honest, I dont like any of the top 4. Trading up and motgaging your future for any of them seems ludicrous.
Ever seen a girl when there are a lot of guys around hitting on her start to think she must be really hot?
Lots of teams clamoring for a QB.

You might be right and one of them turns out good. I think it's possible all 4 are at best average.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know that the draft is an annual crapshoot. There are sure shot, no miss guys that everyone is just all gooey about and they never crack the starting lineup and are gone in three years.

Then there are the undrafted, unknowns that just keep on giving.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more crap I hear about the top "five" quarterbacks every day, the more convinced I am that Southie might be closer to the truth. There's nothing else to look at and the media is driving this bus.

My gut tells me that BB will go defense (LB) at #15, WR at #46 and QB at #94.

4th Round will be CB and OL

5th Round will be DL and Safety

6th Round will be another QB like Crum or Costello if he falls that far.

7th will be anybody on the board that BB thinks is still worth drafting and paying.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the media is driving this bus.
The media is always driving the bus... The question is which bus? It's not driving the bus I'm on and certainly not the one BB is on...

You have a choice: Be on the bus they are driving; or not be on that bus.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more crap I hear about the top "five" quarterbacks every day, the more convinced I am that Southie might be closer to the truth. There's nothing else to look at and the media is driving this bus.

My gut tells me that BB will go defense (LB) at #15, WR at #46 and QB at #94.

4th Round will be CB and OL

5th Round will be DL and Safety

6th Round will be another QB like Crum or Costello if he falls that far.

7th will be anybody on the board that BB thinks is still worth drafting and paying.
What would you do in the unlikely scenario the Sewell drops to 15?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is always driving the bus... The question is which bus? It's not driving the bus I'm on and certainly not the one BB is on...

You have a choice: Be on the bus they are driving; or not be on that bus.
If you get on the bus the media is driving, you are on the short bus!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get on the bus the media is driving, you are on the short bus!
Even worse are the guys chasing the short bus.... but the PC in me no longer likes the expression "short bus" because it insults the persons who need to be on that bus...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I dont like any of the top 4. Trading up and motgaging your future for any of them seems ludicrous.
Ever seen a girl when there are a lot of guys around hitting on her start to think she must be really hot?
Lots of teams clamoring for a QB.

You might be right and one of them turns out good. I think it's possible all 4 are at best average.....
I'd settle for average right now.

NE is loaded with talent this year as well as picks. The draft is a luxury. We can restock for the future in the later rounds. BB isn't great with 1st round picks (over his career). Losing a 1st + next season doesn't bother me.
There are already enough talented guys going to get cut as it is. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill trading away a handful of picks this year for future years.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd settle for average right now.

NE is loaded with talent this year as well as picks. The draft is a luxury. We can restock for the future in the later rounds. BB isn't great with 1st round picks (over his career). Losing a 1st + next season doesn't bother me.
There are already enough talented guys going to get cut as it is. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill trading away a handful of picks this year for future years.
BB has had only 4 picks lower than 20. Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Jerrod Mayo, and Nate Solder. All of them had solid tenures with the Pats.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely scenario...
Pitts and Sewell are available at 15?
Who you got?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has had only 4 picks lower than 20. Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Jerrod Mayo, and Nate Solder. All of them had solid tenures with the Pats.
Oh I didn't say he never had a good first round. But he's also busted in the first.
#15 this year is only 5 up from 20. Chances are next year the pick will be even lower, so I'm willing to trade if he and the scouts see something in one of the top QB prospects.

BB finds gems late. Keep stockpiling picks. Go get the QB you want if they feel he is their guy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3